Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colm O'Reilly is in the well

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

Hi Colm, thanks for the answers so far.

How much do you feel your game (jiujitsu) has improved over the last few years (3-4)? What has been the affect of being a coach i.e has it made you more technical and thoughtful about techniques but robbed you of mat time?

In your own experience of your own training and your students, how beneficial is crossfit training to improving one's MMA?

Sorry for going outside of the fitness genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

Hey Colm,

If and when someone else becomes another CrossFit affiliate in Ireland would you be supportive of them in that it's furthering the bible of CrossFit or would you regard them as competition from a business perspective? Or both?
    I'm guessing the answer would depend on location/distance from Tallaght...?

No I'm not setting up a CF :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Forgot about this, think there was a few questions I didn't answer.

In answer to your question, we're currently helping people from Cork, Galway, Limerick nd Wexford start up CrossFit groups and we'll help them in any way we can. There's also talk of another Affiliate opening in Dublin. Some are just home-CrossFitters who are thinking about starting, others are seriously into it and want to give it a go.

We're very good friends with CFNI and email each other back and forth with problems, opportunities, ideas, etc.

It's reported from CrossFit HQ in the states that affiliates become more profitable the more CF boxes there are a state. More people talk about it. Rising tide floats all boats...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

In answer to your question, we're currently helping people from Cork, Galway, Limerick nd Wexford start up CrossFit groups and we'll help them in any way we can. There's also talk of another Affiliate opening in Dublin. Some are just home-CrossFitters who are thinking about starting, others are seriously into it and want to give it a go.

We're very good friends with CFNI and email each other back and forth with problems, opportunities, ideas, etc.

It's reported from CrossFit HQ in the states that affiliates become more profitable the more CF boxes there are a state. More people talk about it. Rising tide floats all boats...

Sounds good Colm. The revolution is underway!
    Waiting on my rings to be delivered :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Hi Colm, thanks for the answers so far.

How much do you feel your game (jiujitsu) has improved over the last few years (3-4)? What has been the affect of being a coach i.e has it made you more technical and thoughtful about techniques but robbed you of mat time?

In your own experience of your own training and your students, how beneficial is crossfit training to improving one's MMA?

Sorry for going outside of the fitness genre.

My jitz game, if anything, has gone down in the last few years, certainly as the mean skill has increased. For a while I didn't train at all and kinda fell out of love with the sport as a competitor, and nowadays I get very little mat time. (For example, last night I rolled for 3 three-minute rounds before leaving to coach CF, the guys stayed on the mats for another hour)

I think the main reason I am able to hang with guys with superior mat time is how mindful I am of my mat time. I know what can happen for each position and can feel what attacks are coming so I can defent longer than someone with comparable time would.

I'm not saying I have a unique spider sense, since there's guys who also have this and more, I'm just offering a reason why when I roll with some of the guys, I can hang longer than I should.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Yoda10

Hi Colm, is crossfit possibly coming to cork? any info for me? i'd love to attend it.

Advertisement