Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tell me how to defeat a hangover

Options
2»

Comments

davyjose wrote: »
    ... and a sh!te

fuk no! it's horrible.. makes my bowels and belly go crazy :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

You must be one of them poor folks who are too young to actually know what a true hangover is. Poor feller you have it all ahead of you. If I was good and proper hungover and anyone came near me with a tub of ice cream I would puke on them. Voluminously.

ha, i'm a lot older then you think Dr. Bollocko, been to college and finished many moons ago and have had many hangovers in my time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭dorothygale

Lots of water. That's my cure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

1. Lots of water and two Nurofen before bed.
    2. In the morning - some more headache pills if necessary
    3. Some Rubex and then a bottle of Lucozade sport.
    4. A nice bacon sandwich
    5. Hit the toilet for a half hour or so.

6. Another bottle of Lucozade.

7. Some water

8. .....if you still feel bad by this stage, a steaming hot spicy curry is needed.
    The problem with the curry is that it can cause a repeat occurrence of stage 5 - one that can be painful and more violent.
    :eek:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Hairy dog always works - 2 of them are even better.

The first one will make you want to throw up but the second one sorts everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Before you go out put a 2 litre bottle of Coke in the fridge. Try and drink as much of it as you can during the night and you should be fine. If you feel a bit sick the next day get a bottle of Lucozade and a Moro, take a big bite out of the Moro and chew for a few seconds, then take a drink and keep chewing, repeat process until both bar and drink are gone. If you can stomach this then you can stomach anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

mikemac wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with a fry, all it does is raises your blood sugar......as I understand

Two bananas, Lucozade sport and a heap of water.
    Lucozade is magic for this

Lol what do you think bananas and lucozade are you going to do other than send your blood sugar sky high?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Ingest about 1.5g of brewers or bakers yeast per drink. It produces alcohol dehydrogenase which degrades the alcohol in your stomach. It works more for women than it does for men. Men naturally produce more alcohol dehydrogenase than women which is one reason why they can handle their drink better.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,909 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

For the ladies . . . . .

Boots do a wimmins supplement called Verve, take one or two before and during session, I find them great, can drink loads and feel grand the next day :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

baglady wrote: »
    well I am kind of buzzed and I want to know your tips for beating my hangover. Though it might not work this time, it may the next. I took some painkillers and loadsa water and what do u guys use as your hangover defence out intererest please. mwah
    xoxox bagloverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Apparently if you hold your head under water for 10 minutes it completely cures any hangover you may have.Or so i heard....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Verve or Berocca before you sleep with 2 pints of water, same as soon as you wake, lucozade and water througout the day,with loads of fruit, pineapples or grapes work for me,anything really juicy, dont mix drinks and have plenty to eat before or during you drink, and as good an idea as it seems at 3am, a kebab is death wrapped in tinfoil the next morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

-Phuqer- wrote: »
    I feel like death :( Damn mixing of alcohol last night! :mad:

Meet your sister.... :(
    I got it into my thick head 'cocktails were the order of the eve' last night :(

You know that feeling where you wake up really giddy and everything is moving just slightly?...

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

I am quoting a friend's experience here - could well be looked at as a tad unorthodox or unprofessional though.

Rent a room in a house with some nurses, who happen to rob/borrow those rehydration (salts things) from their workplace. Have nurses administrate some of their ill-gotten gains through an intravenous drip to your arm (presumably) & viola twenty minutes later. No hangover.
    It was a guy who worked in a computer shop who told me that, I looked quite shocked, he assured me it worked brilliant (never dawned on him it may be a slight bit illegal - which i presume it is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

queen-mise wrote: »
    I am quoting a friend's experience here - could well be looked at as a tad unorthodox or unprofessional though.

Rent a room in a house with some nurses, who happen to rob/borrow those rehydration (salts things) from their workplace. Have nurses administrate some of their ill-gotten gains through an intravenous drip to your arm (presumably) & viola twenty minutes later. No hangover.
    It was a guy who worked in a computer shop who told me that, I looked quite shocked, he assured me it worked brilliant (never dawned on him it may be a slight bit illegal - which i presume it is).

Would a full blood transfusion be better?

Advertisement