Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tell me how to defeat a hangover

Options
  • 14-02-2009 5:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭

well I am kind of buzzed and I want to know your tips for beating my hangover. Though it might not work this time, it may the next. I took some painkillers and loadsa water and what do u guys use as your hangover defence out intererest please. mwah
    xoxox bagloverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭North_West_Art

dont mix too many drinks the night before. A glass of water before you go to bed, Tomato juice the next morning...it expels alcohol quickly. If you have no tomato juice, eat some pineapple or water melon, any fruit is good. Failing that, water (not cold) and sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Austin 3:16

Heaps of water and a huge fry the nxt morning. (or if you're in Dublin there's a couple of establishments where you'll get a fry after Coppers!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭baglady

tomato juice? really?wow im gonna try that, thanks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

Hangovers occur in the transition between being drunk and being sober, and so avoidance of them depends upon being either continuously drunk or continuously sober. I find the first solution works well.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

I wouldn't bother with a fry, all it does is raises your blood sugar......as I understand

Two bananas, Lucozade sport and a heap of water.
    Lucozade is magic for this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Sammag

If you're planning to get smashed and stay up late you're going to get a hangover - end of.
    I have found - via a lot of experience the only thing that helps and works is a hair of the dog at around 4pm followed by a few more and bed by 8 or 9. Also if you smoke - stop. Hangovers are 456,897 x a gazillion times worse if you smoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

dont stop drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Stay awake and push through the hangover, you'll just be tired but won't have those sickly feelings ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Throw on something like Spongebob squarepants (should be on somewhere at this time of the morning) and roll yourself a fine biffty of the chronic. The hangover will be gone within 15 minutes ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

get a time machine and go back about 12 hours, and dont drink at all, hangover cured!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭acid.rain

tomato beer; tomato juice and beer is what i usually use

• Registered Users Posts: 81,914 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

2 pints of water and a regular dosage of headpills the night before. After thatif you are still unfortunate enough to have a hangover the next morning i laugh at your general direction. A can of cider, and then a nice cup of coffee after a hot breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

1. Get up and have something to eat and lots to drink.
    2. Have second sleep.
    3. Wake up feeling brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

FAP

jus home, defo still drunk.. fekin hangover gonna kick in later :( jus gonna do my lucozade routine and everything shud be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

jackncoke wrote: »
    FAP

Very tiring when you have a hangover.

Fried eggs & ham and lucozade. I always make sure I have a bottle of lucozade in the fridge for the next morning.
    A hit of B vitamins is good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Before you go to bed, i.e. while your still pissed.

1. Take a hot shower, to open your pores.
    2. Drink 2 pints of water.

Works for me every time.
    Not mixing drinks is also a big help.

N.B. No responsibility is taken for drunken, shower related accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

Before you go to bed, i.e. while your still pissed.

1. Take a hot shower, to open your pores.
    2. Drink 2 pints of water.

Works for me every time.
    Not mixing drinks is also a big help.

N.B. No responsibility is taken for drunken, shower related accidents.

Showering while drunk feels fantastic for some reason:)

I usually have a fry up and a few pints of guinness

i dont get this fry up thing everyone goes on about.... i cant eat for ages the next day..

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭6ix

Chlorella - get it from health food shops. Just take some before and maybe 1/2 during drinking.

It's a supplement. They use it in Japan like people take Vitamin C supplements over here. The important bit is that it's also great for helping your liver to detox. I'd never bought a health food supplement until someone told me about this but it's great - I've NEVER had a hangover after using it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

When you come in drunk, take 2 headache tablets, take another 2 when u wake up - straight away.

Works a charm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

A pint of water & a multivitamin when you get home.
    Have another pint of water handy beside the bed.
    The next morning:
    Lucozade (sport preferably) for ye old electrolytes balance
    Another multivitamin (maybe even 2 depending on how bad you feel)
    Wait til I have a dump (at this stage now, there's a fall out zone around me at the moment, the dogs wont come near me) & then I'm about 90%, beautiful!

If all else fails take a dunk in the sea, or hit the beer again!

Out of interest, has anyone ever tried those lifesaver kajiggers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Just stay asleep for as long as possible, then have a **** and a cup of tea when you wake up and you'll be as right as rain :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

A pint of water & a multivitamin when you get home.
    Have another pint of water handy beside the bed.
    The next morning:
    Lucozade (sport preferably) for ye old electrolytes balance
    Another multivitamin (maybe even 2 depending on how bad you feel)
    Wait til I have a dump (at this stage now, there's a fall out zone around me at the moment, the dogs wont come near me) & then I'm about 90%, beautiful!

If all else fails take a dunk in the sea, or hit the beer again!

Out of interest, has anyone ever tried those lifesaver kajiggers?[/QUOTE]

Ive tried them a few times,always seem to do the job,definitely dont feel as bad the next day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

A multivitamin like berrocca or vitamin C like rubex , so you get vitamins and water intake, take one before you go to bed, another one in the morning and lots of water.

Few friends say have a banana before bed but personally i cant stomach anything of that texture *shudders*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

Ice-Cream, always works for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

as much stodge as possible. a cheese pizza and lucozade sport always sorts me out

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just poop that mother out man. Its the only way. Grab the sun and a bottle of lucozade and stay in that bathroom until job's done. Then leave the bathroom and never return. Then leave whichever unfortunate residence was the recipient of your excretions, burn the aforementioned residence to the ground and claim the insurance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

cornbb wrote: »
    Just stay asleep for as long as possible, then have a **** and a cup of tea when you wake up and you'll be as right as rain :D

... and a sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Vanbis wrote: »
    Ice-Cream, always works for me :)

You must be one of them poor folks who are too young to actually know what a true hangover is. Poor feller you have it all ahead of you. If I was good and proper hungover and anyone came near me with a tub of ice cream I would puke on them. Voluminously.

Advertisement