Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security at live tournaments

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

carfax wrote: »
    Not hiding behind anything Eoin, I don't need to make excuses for making money out of hard work, and I am not lying when I make the point that one of the reasons I landed on the idea of online registration is; "Because I'm worried about my players getting robbed"...
    Running live poker tournaments is not the only line of work that I am involved with that can entail handling large amounts of cash so its always in the back of my mind to cover my business/ reputation etc.

Not wanting to take this thread off topic too far but just have to add;

The topic of the thread is security at live events and I tried to contribute something to it....If the topic was to do with affiliate deals or online sponsorship I might have contributed something along the lines of details of CPA or revenue share agreements that I may or may not have with different sites.

When you make a statement like "you get coin for every new account that opens" what exactly are you basing that on? I'm only asking because its not actually true.

Stephen.

Im not having a go Stephen, Im all for people making a crust. I find it very hard to believe that you dont gain revenue from the signing up of accounts through online registration. I mean if you didnt get a chunk of money off Boyles for handing them 100's of new accounts then you missed a serious trick on that one.

You said that you have online registration to protect your players, allthough Im sure it plays a part in why you have online reg I very much doubt its anything but a secondary reason for it.

I would never ask anyone for an excuse as to how they make their living.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

You have it a little wrong. Nicola and I retreived the cash from the guy in the lobby of the hotel, but I think that he did get a stern warning from some of the lads.:)

Wp Christine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

Christine and Nicolla warm up for another night in charge of the cash box in da red cow.

Advertisement