Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BLARNEY GOLF RESORT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭soundsham

jimbling wrote: »
    Ya, cheers. Was going to give them a ring all right.

Yep, exactly what I was thinking. But from what I've seen it's pretty standard in clubs to have faster greens on days of big comps.

Thank for the advice shoundsham

ya no prob having greens slighlty quicker on big days, but they should be quick now all the time ,and a little quicker is fine for big comps, but they can't be alien to you or no one will enjoy it

also it'll take forever to get around

heard the latest is the bank will not spend the money on machine for cutting and rolling greens,there as slow as mud.

thats recievership for ya:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,053 ✭✭✭jimbling

I haven't played since last week but one of the lads did. Said the greens were vastly improved and should be back up to scratch next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭aster99

is it still very busy there?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

Was thinking of joining there as its relatively cheap and close to where I live. Am I mad?This is my first time joining a club.Was half thinking of the 9 hole in Kinsale
    or Frankfield??:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

mad its not been maintained to previous level
    bank is bleeding it

Was thinking of joining there as its relatively cheap and close to where I live. Am I mad?This is my first time joining a club.Was half thinking of the 9 hole in Kinsale
    or Frankfield??:rolleyes:

The fact that its so close to Cork city is a big plus point.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭superhooper

No joining fee is also attractive. Is the membership big?

Think it was mentioned here some time that its about 700

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭celica140bhp

superhooper, Ringanane (Kinsale 9 hole) would be better than Frankfield. Most of the holes in Frankfield seem to be across the slope but in Kinsale they are either going up or down the hill.
    But, Blarney (if the price is right) is a better course than both of them.

• Advertisement

Blarney course is not in the best nic at the moment, but it's still in a different league to the likes of frankfield or the kinsale 9 hole course.

I guess it's still busy. I'm playing mostly off peak hours so don't notice too much.
    I know they were allowing up to 700 members. Not sure if they reached that or if they have let it go over it. There is definitely over 600.

It's still a brilliant deal. Once someone comes and purchases the resort it will be back with a bang. I heard numerous different rumours on that front. One pretty strong one that a deal has already been done...just paperwork etc.

Anyone know anything about the business end??

is there any times in particular to avoid up there in the mornings midweek, such as members times, ladies mornings and that. Any advice on a good time to go for a game there? I'll probably be on my own as well

aster99 wrote: »
    is there any times in particular to avoid up there in the mornings midweek, such as members times, ladies mornings and that. Any advice on a good time to go for a game there? I'll probably be on my own as well

not that I know, but your best bet is to ring the shop. Make sure you get out before any society etc.
    021-4516472.

well i finally played the course. I wouldnt have played much over the last couple years but my opinion is that its a hard course! I was wrecked after it. Lost a few balls too, there's a few places and if you go off track its hard to find your ball. my highlight was that i got a birdie on the 9th, probably the easiest hole on course

man u need to get fit;) or play more often, where do u usually play
    its defo not hard on the body,there are no real climbs in it,and its far from monster length
    as for losing golf balls dont we all................

well it was the first time i played golf in over a year, don't usually play anywhere

thought it must be something like that but for a regular golfer it would not be a physical test at all imo

keep it up tho man if you can,
    enjoy.

No, it's not much of a physical test....... although last sunday week I nearly collapsed a few times. More to do with the copious amounts of drink and the 24°C sunshine than the course though :pac:

Just to say, the course has been fantastic the last two weeks. Exceptional for the Captains prize.... here's hoping they keep it up now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 MrBenn-jammin

Just joined the club.Its almost walking distance for me so looking forward to playing up there.Played it twice before and really enjoyed it (apart from the aforementioned 10th!)

is there talk of some movement as regards a potential buyer?

• Advertisement

Yes, there was a meeting for the members with a prospective buyer last night. I couldn't make it so not sure what happened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Dylan69

Guys,

Is there a strokesaver book at the golf shop in Blarney gold club? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Dylan69 wrote: »
    Guys,

Dont think so, but there might be one in the golf club!!!:D Sorry Dylan69, couldnt resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Dylan69

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Guys,

Not sure, but I have noticed a little booklet on the shop counter that's going for €7. Have never looked in it so not sure if it is a strokesaver or not.

Oh, and by the way all... the course is fantastic at the moment. Greens are back up to scratch and it's been kept well.
    My only gripe is the bunkers, but I'm sure they'll sort those out soon enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Jasonw

Anyone here feel like playing it in the open day next Monday?

Don't think they're doing the Monday opens any more, they weren't getting the interest.

Guys,

yes there is

• Advertisement

members got an e-mail late fri about meeting on sunday night...............
    anyone think sunday night and 48 hrs is a bit weird or short notice.......
    also anyone who doesn't have/check regularly their e-mail must have missed out......:confused:

Advertisement