Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Downsizing Focus to Fiesta?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭bumble1

look at these

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Update:

The Fiesta Zetec S is now a year old, and it had it's 1st service* yesterday.

I've had no issues whatsoever with it - 100% reliable, fun to drive, practical, and inexpensive to run.

I'm doing very few miles these times (a mere 6500 mainly urban ones in the last 12 months) and the fuel computer showed 33.4mpg average. I had a rapid 90 mile trip on Wednesday and reset it. 46mpg average on A roads and some dual carraigeway/motorway stuff, which I reckon is pretty good. Gearing is short - 130kph indicated is close to 4000rpm in top. Refinement is good so it doesn't matter really.

*The annual "value service" with a local main Ford dealer was €119.99 complete with a 40 point check, and includes a €30 voucher for me to spend. Hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

A few posters mentioned here that the Madza 2 was a better looking car than the Fiesta. The Mazda is a very boring car IMO, very jab looking and almost anonymous. I saw a black Fiesta yesterday with alloys and it looked stunning. The 3-Door is even nicer looking with very sporty looks.

A new Fiesta Style 5-Door for €11,700 (inc. del and met paint) under the scrappage scheme is an absloute steal. I'm a big fan of recent Fords. The introduction of the Focus in late 1998 made Ford the leading manufacturer in driving dynamics in the affordable sector. If anyone ever compared the MK 4 Golf (introduced in 1998 also) to the Focus, then I think you'll agree there miles apart in every way. The MK 4 Golf (which cost considerably more than the Focus at the time), was an atrocious car - crap to drive with no feedback from the steering, notchy gear shift, crap handling, poor visabilty and an unrealible lump. Ford set the benchmark 12 years in how an affordable cars should drive, and are still leading the way IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Boardwatcher

Yeah but Ford have a chequered history with aftersales.

I bought a brand new fiesta in 2002 from Dennehy's Cross Motors in Cork, and their aftersales was terrible to be honest. Both electric windows were getting stuck on the way up and i had to bring it back to them twice to fix this. Door hinges that were not greased properly and loose plastic trim in the doors togethre with a couple rattles/vibrations that should not have been there while driving. I realise any car can have issues but my problem with ford was the dishonest way they treated me as a customer, telling me things were fixed when they were not.

I sold the car a year later and have not had a ford since. Though I am now considering a Focus, however every time i think of going for it I am put off by the experience i had in 2002.:mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Zetec S model is no longer listed nor available!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

even in the UK?

Still available new in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Strange, any reason why its no longer available?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i got the last one I reckon....

w227t4.jpg

Zetec S had it's 2nd annual service today. Main dealer. Cost €109 incl. :D I put a years tax on it last week €156. Result.

I put 2 new tyres 195x16x45 on the front recently €160.

A car for harsher economic times without a doubt, but still a good car, and fun to drive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement