Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guys, assistance please

Options
124»

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Not like you don't already know it works on your legs:P
    I reckon he's claiming less knowledge / experience than he actually has ... just this once!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Like on your....
    legs?

And underarms!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

Lads, I went mad today and bought blades for my GILLETE MAX ULTRA FUSION TURBO POWER SEXY ACTION YEAH! They're stupidly expensive (4 for €17) and I don't have a job so I've been using cheapies lately but my God... My face is smoother than a velvet baby's ass. It's amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

you think that's good try the "double-shave"that's once down and re-foam and once up again ,rough yes ,but you'd never know you had hair in the first place

.........what exactly is a velvet baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭cautioner

you think that's good try the "double-shave"that's once down and re-foam and once up again ,rough yes ,but you'd never know you had hair in the first place

.........what exactly is a velvet baby?

So doing that next time I'm not half-arsed.

I'm not exactly sure, but judging by my face last night it's f*cking smooth.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Too much of a trek!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

If you're going to make a pass against the grain (up, for most people) then you should make sure the razor is in good condition and your skin is well hydrated, otherwise you'll end up with skin so irritated it won't matter you got so close...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cocoa wrote: »
    If you're going to make a pass against the grain (up, for most people) then you should make sure the razor is in good condition and your skin is well hydrated, otherwise you'll end up with skin so irritated it won't matter you got so close...

+1

My girlfriend gives out when I don't shave against the grain ("stubble burn" apparently :rolleyes: ) but it always ends up irritating my face the day after. Any tips on how to avoid said irritation?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭cocoa

An File wrote: »
    +1

My girlfriend gives out when I don't shave against the grain ("stubble burn" apparently :rolleyes: ) but it always ends up irritating my face the day after. Any tips on how to avoid said irritation?

it's been said a few times already but a good long treatment with hot water before even begining to shave never did any harm. It's been said keeping your face under the shower for a bit is good, though i've never tried myself cos i can't shave after a shower cos the mirror fogs up like you wouldn't believe...

I've found mantic59's videos on youtube to be fantastic for improving technique / just generally learning stuff I didn't know, you should check him out.

You shouldn't ever go for a pass against the grain straight away though. Unless you're doing method shaving, it generally goes 1 pass with the grain (then another with the grain if you're still learning), 1 pass across it and then one against it.

In regards to irritation and proper hydration of the skin, dropping the gel / foam in a can is a good idea, as it just doesn't do the full job. Try to find a shaving soap or similar and it should feel better. There's a thread in the facial hair and hats forum on safety razors where they've recommended a good few products.

Advertisement