Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photos of where you run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭wrstan

Couldn't resist heading up the hills for an EZ 10k after work

308018.jpeg

308019.jpeg

308020.jpeg

308021.jpeg

Sometimes it's hard to believe that I work so close to such amazing places, really, this is minutes from my office!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Love the contrast between those last 2 sets of pics :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Stunning evening yesterday

14244017835_c171c89025_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

PaulieC wrote: »

14244017835_c171c89025_c.jpg

Always like the South Bull on a nice evening, the setting sun in the West almost makes the power station look pretty!

One of things I love about Dublin is that you can go from the places the South Bull to three rock in 15mins. Quite amazing variety really.

crisco10 wrote: »
    One of things I love about Dublin is that you can go from the places the South Bull to three rock in 15mins. Quite amazing variety really.

You'd want to watch out for the Gardaí at speeds like that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭crisco10

You'd want to watch out for the Gardaí at speeds like that ;)

Haha maybe 20 mins ;-) After I typed it I actually went and checked google maps, apparently 18 mins with no traffic from the strand to ticknock road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Great pic. Measured from home to the end of the pier and back as exactly a half-mar a while back. One of my favourite routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

This is my usual run around the castle lake in Bailieborough. Lots more photos around the lake itself but these are a few I took in the woods around it during the week.

Rosie Hackett Bridge

308892.jpg

For the week that was in it with the new bridge opened, I decided on Saturday to take it in on my run (and while I was at it I decided to cross every accessible Liffey Bridge between Lucan and Ringsend)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/509252848

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Rosie Hackett Bridge

For the week that was in it with the new bridge opened, I decided on Saturday to take it in on my run (and while I was at it I decided to cross every accessible Liffey Bridge between Lucan and Ringsend)

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/509252848

Nice run. I ran over Rosie last week. I thought it was very nice of the planners to include some nice benches for the junkies and alkies to rest their weary legs.

• Advertisement

Nice run. I ran over Rosie last week. I thought it was very nice of the planners to include some nice benches for the junkies and alkies to rest their weary legs.
    It was a nice one-off run, wouldn't be doing it often though. The lack of footpath on the stretch in from Lucan means you're dodging traffic a fair bit, and once you hit the city centre, the traffic lights are a right pain.

Great to have it off the checklist though.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭happy_73

Back of CIT in Cork. Stopped midway through my run to just sit and listen to the water.

Pure bliss.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Portally cove trail run, Dunmore east.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭cianc

Gavlor wrote: »
    Portally cove trail run, Dunmore east.

Lovely spot, nasty auld descent/ascent if you're crossing from the trail on one side of the beach t'other though.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ron DMC wrote: »
    and once you hit the city centre, the traffic lights are a right pain.

You ain't kidding!

I don't know how anyone runs in and around Dublin City Centre, I ran two miles in Dublin last weekend (just cause it was faster then walking) and the traffic lights were really annoying!

Makes me thankful I run on country runs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

14360582702_7064e7aed2_b.jpg

Courtesy of Charlie O'Donovan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

14360582702_7064e7aed2_b.jpg

Courtesy of Charlie O'Donovan

Are you a giant Slogger Jogger or whats the story with the puddle to your left? Great photo.

Few from along the Royal Canal this morning, first one is looking at Ballasport Bridge from the Mullingar side. Second one is from under the bridge at Hill of Down. Third just some wildlife.

Panorama from the end of Poolbeg pier yesterday evening.
    (click for full version)
    14403390774_c0a1edf948_b.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

tang1 wrote: »
    Are you a giant Slogger Jogger or whats the story with the puddle to your left? Great photo.

Great pic. I climbed Carrauntoohil a couple of years ago. Don't know if I could run up it though. Respect!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭opus

For some reason I really like this pic of the final hill from Comrades, tollgate with ~5k to go, taken a few weeks back.

1gsism.jpg

Spent the week in Bellevue, WA last week (it's a very rich city across the lake from Seattle), here's a selection:

Disused railroad (very difficult to run on, but who can resist ? )

14407701762_39d604f3c0_c.jpg

Mercer Slough. Apparently a slough is the same as a canal, who knew ? Nice and misty at 5 AM

14405645121_20fab258ab_c.jpg

Bellevue Public park. If you look really closely, just above the apt block in the middle, you can see the sun rising on Mount Rainier in the distance.

14429188943_4b1f7ddb76_c.jpg

Lake Washington

14407882014_a0b1a3c6be_c.jpg

Wilburton Park Trails. Previously a logging community (and source of the railway pictured above), now a warren of amazing trails.

14407701812_c48c5ba441_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭paulocon2

Shot from Oldbridge Parkrun which is just outside Drogheda in County Louth. A very popular location for a run!

10402499_1514412305449474_5665848228003349339_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭PaulieYifter

Cape St. Vincent on the south western tip of the Algarve in Portugal - otherwise known as O Fim do Mundo (The End of the World). 75 metre vertical cliffs either side of the road. The road just stops at the lighthouse so you have to go back the way you came. Running here reminded me of An Bothar Fada towards the end of the Dingle Marathon.

2q2pw79.jpg

Cape St. Vincent on the south western tip of the Algarve in Portugal - otherwise known as O Fim do Mundo (The End of the World). 75 metre vertical cliffs either side of the road. The road just stops at the lighthouse so you have to go back the way you came. Running here reminded me of An Bothar Fada towards the end of the Dingle Marathon.

2q2pw79.jpg

Nice, going to be over that way in a few weeks. Any route tips appreciated!

Not sure if this will come out, but here is me and another boards regular b.harte taking a (deserved) breather about 30km into our run from the sea at Rossbeigh to the top of Carrauntoohil. The route took us to the ridge on the horizon, and from there left up to Caher...the same approach to Carrauntoohil as that used by IMRA runners but in IMRA runs the ridge is accessed from the other (Bridia Valley) side...

LackRoad2_zps0b60be88.jpg

cianc wrote: »
    Nice, going to be over that way in a few weeks. Any route tips appreciated!

Cian - I'm staying just outside Sagres. Don't know if you're going there or to the Algarve in general. I was in Vilamoura a couple of years ago too.

In any event I found then and now that the nicest spots to run were along 'dirt' roads rather than main roads. Some are marked as actual roads on Google maps and others you can see as unmarked trails. I think they function as farm access roads. The thing to watch out for is a random farmhouse with dogs out front licking their lips at the aroma of delicate white meat.

Enjoy the heat and wind!

Cian - I'm staying just outside Sagres. Don't know if you're going there or to the Algarve in general. I was in Vilamoura a couple of years ago too.

In any event I found then and now that the nicest spots to run were along 'dirt' roads rather than main roads. Some are marked as actual roads on Google maps and others you can see as unmarked trails. I think they function as farm access roads. The thing to watch out for is a random farmhouse with dogs out front licking their lips at the aroma of delicate white meat.

Enjoy the heat and wind!

Yup, Sagres. Good to know, thanks.

cianc wrote: »
    Yup, Sagres. Good to know, thanks.

Very good. I'm in the Martinhal - great for the kids!

Anyway that road from Sagres to Cape St. Vincent is a nice run and you can loop through trails to the north of the road and back on to it to mix it up a bit. I tried heading along a road from near the Cape to Vila do Bispo but got turned back by dogs! When I get the runs loaded on to Strava I'll send you a link.

• Advertisement

Few more from along the Royal Canal between Longford Bridge and Guys Bridge.

Advertisement