Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Maintenance of an audi 4.2l v8 S6

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

Indeed it was, in the Crescent shopping centre tonight between 20:30 and 23:15. Less than Four Days i've been driving it today was it's first visit to Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Indeed it was, in the Crescent shopping centre tonight between 20:30 and 23:15. Less than Four Days i've been driving it today was it's first visit to Limerick.

****in dirty cnuts!!!! Sorry to hear that! Even more sorry as i'm from Limerick, and can't stand hearing stories like this! Were there any other signs of vandalism with other cars around yours? Or was the S6 the only hit?

Fella in a 01 Passat TDI kinda maroon colour had his spoiler ripped off, well half it anyway. Roxboro Gardai were called took our details and they're goin to check out the CCTV tomorrow and let us know if they find anything. Hard to tell if our cars were even covered they were parked in the area in front of the Omniplex but nowhere near each other. Mine was half way up the farthest row from the door, his was closer to the building but nearer the far end of the first or second row.

Luckily there is no other damage to either car. Hopefully will just have to get new mounts as the mirrors are other wise intact, not sure really ill get local body shop to have a look tomorrow. ****in Aluminium is scratched though so dunno how i'm gonna fix that.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Amzie

Ah that would make you sick! Car is gorgeous!! They must have nothing better to do like, hope they catch em!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Dirty dirty *****!! :mad::mad::mad: May they die slowly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

What a bunch of ****ing *****. Begrudgers. This sickens me. The brother parked his car in town recently for an hour, his arial was ripped off and his wind visors as well. Hopefully it doesn't cost too much to get sorted.

Welcome to the world of not being able to leave your car anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Can't believe that, sorry to hear.

So anyway i got the mirrors fixed. Bought some second hand plastic ones and used the mounts for my own. 90 quid plus a few hours stripping and reassambling the mirrors. Did it myself.

So now i feel i need to give her a pick me up. Opinions...http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-S6-4-2-quattro-MILLTEK-EXHAUST-FULL_W0QQitemZ270320135273QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item270320135273&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

If funds allow, go for it:D Cracking sounds of those exhausts. Get it NCT'd first though:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Look into an OEM RS6 exhaust. Big, loud and very cheap as the owner is just left with it from their own upgrade. I fitted one to our allroad (2.7t), its a popular mod with C5 Audi owners.

Nice oval chrome tips too.

• Advertisement

Hey guys just for ****s and giggles, what if i lose my job tomorrow morning what you think my chances are of off loading the beast?

• Registered Users Posts: 65,037 ✭✭✭✭unkel

2 chances :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Not even a fat chance!

I'll give youse some brown bread for it??

But really, if you lose your job, and you are in a very bad way, I will give you 1000 euro for it:P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,613 ✭✭✭milltown

Hey guys just for ****s and giggles, what if i lose my job tomorrow morning what you think my chances are of off loading the beast?

Better off selling the house and moving into the car.

LM how about 8.8k with six months tax. Thats what it cost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

....sorry, but 5-6k is it, really. You can buy/import an S8 for about 5 now.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    ....sorry, but 5-6k is it, really. You can buy/import an S8 for about 5 now.

really? VRT alone is 2681 for same year and mileage. Any links?

OK i'm officially selling this now as my situation just might take a turn for the worse in the next few months. it's on CBG and donedeal and Vag drivers. You guys know of anyone that might be interested then send em my way thanks lads.

Gas man, tut tut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

OK i'm officially selling this now as my situation just might take a turn for the worse in the next few months. it's on CBG and donedeal and Vag drivers. You guys know of anyone that might be interested then send em my way thanks lads.

Hey Dangermus. Good luck with the sale. Just an idea: seeing as you've VRTed it, put the Irish reg on the pics - the UK plates will put a lot of people off.

More pics of the outside. Clean the wheels. Take out the "RS" bit, just leave it to S.

Put in "Will do straight swap for Vw Golf" as well:P

Good luck with the sale, pity tbh.

Lol LM at the golf. i know i know. Do you mean the alloys for the first pic or the tyre in the last pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

So DanGerMus, you've eventually figured out why there were so many owners......care to tell why?? ;)

Seriously though, Good luck with the sale. I'd put up more pics if you have them, use the 9 you're allowed.

PS I'll swap you the Ibiza for it ;)
    |
    |
    \/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Sweet car, nice price, if it was a year ago I would have been very interested. I would take some pictures of the interior with steering wheel and dash too.

Nah man car is perfect. Im just covering my ass if things go tits up in work. Which to be honest if it does even happen won't be for months.
    I know it could take a while to sell it so starting early.

I'll consider trades lafors but i'd want a few grand on top of what ever is offered to me depending on what it is of course.

Tipsy sure whats changed in a year? You want a look. Or did you find something. It is priced very well i think. I'll get more pics up soon so thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

not a million miles from yours.........but look at the price...

I know someone who's landed a 99 S8 for less than 8k lately, too......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

galwaytt wrote: »
    not a million miles from yours.........but look at the price...

I know someone who's landed a 99 S8 for less than 8k lately, too......

O.o

• Advertisement
Advertisement