Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do we get rid of the government?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭conlonbmw

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Most of the afforementioned were initially elected into the posts that their late fathers/ uncles / whoever left behind by their constituents out of sympathy.

What i'm saying is we need to get under 35s to show a far greater interest in their own long term futures and involving them as opposed to treating them with disdain is the way to do it.

Yet you believe that wanting these things is a call for fascism? Its a call for change.

Yeah I am with you on this. We need new blood.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭B2k

conlonbmw wrote: »
    Yeah I am with you on this. We need new blood.

I'm 20 years old.. Most of my friends are the same age. Most of us can have a conversation on the state of the country and politics.. And no, we're not the typical Trinity students who went to private school and wear jackets with suede elbow patches.. I'm not affluent, never have been even in the boom years.. Its all well and good saying we need to get involved but how can we? The truth is people like me have no avenue as people in political positions don't reach out to younger members of their constituency and give them no reason to vote. If us "common younsters" are not giving a second thought when it comes to election time why should we care for them?

Plus, is it not obvious to everyone that young people need leaders to speak for them? There is not one leader at present in Gov. that has the ability to inspire youthful generations. All the best leasers in history had the ability to inspire young generations as much or more than any other generation. Look at JFK, RFK, MLK in the US and now Obama has done more than anyone in recent times not just to talk but inspire.

That will never happen in this country. Our people are afraid to be ridiculed for going against the grain. Our people are followers. The only response people give to our economic downturn is "Things will get better when the US or China does." Can we not do something ourselves? Our people are filled with te fear of change..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭trentf

how do we get rid of this government? Simple we do what they did in iceland march on the dail and forcefully eject them from office. When the government has failed the people and engaged in massive levels of corruption then its the people's duty to eject them..

Can we not do something ourselves? Our people are filled with te fear of change..

Spot on we need to stop relying on the usa for our economic development and start creating our own indengenious industries but whilst we have the arse***ers in the IDA who make you do loopholes to get indengious industries started we are always going to be doomed to failure. These people have let many industries that could have been irish owned and run leave the country all over their bureaucratic levels of corruption and institutionalised alligience. Morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

It was interesting to see the Icelanders banging pots and pans to get the government out. The Argentinians also used this form of protest to get theirs out during their crisis.

Apparently this type of protest is known as cacerolazo in Spanish speaking countries.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

We pack them all on the government jet and send them all off to the world famous St Patricks Day Parade on the island of Krakatoa.
    Let Biffo pilot the plane seeing as how he's currently trying to pilot us through the storms of financial disaster.
    Or else just put it on auto pilot and puncture the fuel tank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,999 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The easiest and most cost-effective way of ridding us of the government, would be for someone to leave a trail of brown envelopes leading up to the edge of the Cliffs of Moher. They wouldn't miss a golden opportunity like that and the Lemmings would hopefully disappear into the Atlantic

Advertisement