Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa09 xbox international league

Options
  • 04-02-2009 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

looking to gauge interest in a fifa09 int league euro teams only

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

bonkers wrote: »
    looking to gauge interest in a fifa09 int league euro teams only

i was actually thinking of this the other day.
    If it is run as well as the club league currently ongoing, i'd be in deffo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

I'm sure this is a good idea, but the problem is....

You joined our clubs league in Season 1. You lost your first 3 games, and refused to play any more games without even telling us. Ignored our invites, and ignored our PMs, and Xbox Live messages which basically ruined our league as you had played some people but not others.

If you run this league, lose your first three games again, will you lose interest leaving the league without one player and without an owner?

Sorry for being blunt, but theres no point in people joining this league if its going to fall apart in 10 mins, ya know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    I'm sure this is a good idea, but the problem is....

You joined our clubs league in Season 1. You lost your first 3 games, and refused to play any more games without even telling us. Ignored our invites, and ignored our PMs, and Xbox Live messages which basically ruined our league as you had played some people but not others.

If you run this league, lose your first three games again, will you lose interest leaving the league without one player and without an owner?

Sorry for being blunt, but theres no point in people joining this league if its going to fall apart in 10 mins, ya know?
    meh feck that. Was gonna give it a shot. Changed me mind now. Cheers for heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

point well made..

t'was the first league i was in and i didnt realise how serious you needed to be into it thats all..

ive cleard it with futureguy to advertise this.. just wanted a small league but sure its no biggie.

bonkers wrote: »
    point well made..

t'was the first league i was in and i didnt realise how serious you needed to be into it thats all..

ive cleard it with futureguy to advertise this.. just wanted a small league but sure its no biggie.

Cool so! Once we are going to see this league to its finish, I'm up for it. Would be a good alternative to the mammoth Season 2 league!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Another chance to beat richie?

Count me in so, you better not feck this up, we're watching you!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

ok

ive created it

abbrev iel
    pass - boards

im russia

i'll give it a go too.

Are they unique teams?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Im in

Can you pick whatever team you want?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭nige1982

Im in XB id is nigel82 whens it starting???

Shotgun, England. (actually, many an Irish person has probably said that in the past!).

I went to join the league last night but I got distracted by sleep at 2.30

i joined as the Netherlands.

I then went to check them out in team management, and realised they've no real names for the players. Is this a licensing issue? They still look pretty strong, so . . .

Is this a licensing issue?

Yeah, there is always a problem getting licensing for the Dutch national side. I'm not sure what the problem is... all the players are as good as they are for their club though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

can i join this? never played an online league before but defo wont miss matches or anything... just dont know where teh options are to join a league ill be on about 6 this evening..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its unique teams i.e. each team can only be picked once.

skywalker - re:joining dont see why not. Go to the xbox live menu in fifa and look for xbox live mode and theres a league option there, just search for the league addbreviation and eneter the password.

Unique? Damn, Englands already been picked!

Bagsie.... Portugal then!!

Bagsie? You aint in school now kiddo, if they are gone they are gone...hmm think ill pick Portugal..i can see my xbox from here and might just log on :D

cool ill join later my usernam in xbox is Flyin Viper. ill be ireland... come on kilbane!!

Axwell wrote: »
    Bagsie? You aint in school now kiddo, if they are gone they are gone...hmm think ill pick Portugal..i can see my xbox from here and might just log on :D

LOL, OI!!! A bagsie is a bagsie no matter what age you are!!!

Why don't you pick Spain and then we'll have the Spain Portugal rivalry with that!!!

• Advertisement

Mr Moon wrote: »
    LOL, OI!!! A bagsie is a bagsie no matter what age you are!!!

Why don't you pick Spain and then we'll have the Spain Portugal rivalry with that!!!

I already did last night at about 2am :D

I already did last night at about 2am :D

lol, loser!!!! :D

lol, loser!!!! :D

Well i knew you would pick Portugal so i was setting up the grudge match :P

Well i knew you would pick Portugal so i was setting up the grudge match :P

Our best player against your best player!!! It's on, like donkey kong!!!! :D

I heard Donkey Kong got beaten up outside a club last night by a Man City player cos he was wearing an Everton Jersey :D

I heard Donkey Kong got beaten up outside a club last night by a Man City player cos he was wearing an Everton Jersey :D

No that was Lyon player, cause he was wearing a City jersey :p

No that was Lyon player, cause he was wearing a City jersey :p

You suggesting a Lyon player looks like Donkey Kong?

You around tonight or under the thumb?

ok i signed up and logged in... how do we determine who plays who and when? send xbox msgs with date and times?

You suggesting a Lyon player looks like Donkey Kong?

You around tonight or under the thumb?

Emmm I don't know what I was suggesting, maybe you look like a donkey and got your ass handed to you by Lyon!!

I may be around, there's the new club team I want to get used to!!

If I'm on I'm on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Dufflecoatsunri

Hey Im trying to join up here but its saying I need an invite???

Advertisement