Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rambler 30 day dublin bus tickets

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

esel wrote: »
    Any number of journies in a day.

Brilliant. That's a great offer so. Works out at 2.66 per day wherever you want to go. My ticket to work costs 4 euro return per day so might buy a few of these cause i'd do a bit of travelling at weekend too and it's annoying always looking for change.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

From the wording on BAH's website, it seems to me ramblers should actually be valid on outer suburban routes. Now, *these* are quite expensive normally - so the savings there would be massive.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Thats an excellent deal, cant believe it to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

Bah... was down there at 9.30 and they were sold out of 30 day ramblers and the person before me got the last travel 90.

It's one ticket per purchase by the way, and claims to be running till Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭babyhack

Got one of these yesterday
    thanks OP

BH

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

beecee wrote: »
    Bah... was down there at 9.30 and they were sold out of 30 day ramblers and the person before me got the last travel 90.

It's one ticket per purchase by the way, and claims to be running till Saturday.
    They're lying. I was there at 11.40 and I got a 30 day rambler. I asked if they had any more and they told me "probably some more downstairs".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

snappieT wrote: »
    They're lying. I was there at 11.40 and I got a 30 day rambler. I asked if they had any more and they told me "probably some more downstairs".

Definitely believe you. Probably part of the emerging epidemic of retail outlets not wanting to take in money from the public.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

The simple explanation would be that they got more from their downstairs storage between 9:30 and 11:40. At 9:30, they did not want to block a till during morning rush while searching for tickets in their storage. Makes sense to me.

undo wrote: »
    The simple explanation would be that they got more from their downstairs storage between 9:30 and 11:40. At 9:30, they did not want to block a till during morning rush while searching for tickets in their storage. Makes sense to me.

Gonna head down there in 30mins and see what the sceal is

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Drakar

Said all the 30 day ones were gone when I checked going home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 very miffed dub

Thanks OP.

I was there at lunchtime today. There's a sign up which says 'one ticket per customer per day'. So I bought a Travel 90 one for €14.40 then asked the guy if I could buy more. He said 'yeah, no problem', so I bought 4 more!!

I might try again tomorrow.

Same story, all gone, will be in first thing tomorrow morning (this was at 17:40 or so)

Think its just the 30 day ones that are gone

Drakar wrote: »
    Think its just the 30 day ones that are gone

Sorry yep thats what I meant

• Registered Users Posts: 43 atmmusa

eeh, why I'm always too late :((

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

My mother bought me a 30 day one on Thursday at around half 3 and got one no problem. I tried earlier today at about 6 but no luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

They don't seem to be doing it anymore. I was in today and they charged me e100. Decided to get it anyway as it will save me money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

been to 5 or 6 different places, none have them, are they being done away with because it's too good a deal???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

been to 5 or 6 different places, none have them, are they being done away with because it's too good a deal???
    It was only ever a temporary deal in SuperValu to get it for €80, the normal price is €100, and these should be available everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

snappieT wrote: »
    It was only ever a temporary deal in SuperValu to get it for €80, the normal price is €100, and these should be available everywhere.

any place i've been to has been sold out, even at €100

• Advertisement

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/venue/198301?brand=ie_bus

They sell tickets for dublin bus (including the monthly 30 day rambler) and dont have added charges for delivery etc. (Note site didnt work for me in Firefox only IE).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

daveyjoe wrote: »
    They don't seem to be doing it anymore. I was in today and they charged me e100. Decided to get it anyway as it will save me money.

It was only last week until Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 c03035913

Hi All,
    I have bought 8 monthly unlimited bus and luas tickets in advance for the college year but i dropped out. Looking to sell as no use for them, also half price rambler smartcards.
    Contact 085 2720316
    Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

c03035913 wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have bought 8 monthly unlimited bus and luas tickets in advance for the college year but i dropped out. Looking to sell as no use for them, also half price rambler smartcards.
    Contact 085 2720316
    Thanks

Use www.adverts.ie please

Advertisement