Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone Repair in Dublin

Options
  • 29-01-2009 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi,

does anyone know of a place i could bring my iphone to be repaired?

Currently, the home button does not respond as it once did and the volume coming from the earpiece is very low. it was dropped recently and i think it may be damaged as these problems have only arisen since then.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

It may or may not be of interest and I don't really know of any iPhone repair places in Dublin, although there may be some, but it sounds like almost the same symptoms that I had with my iPhone last year. I was also getting a 'this accessory is not compatible with iPhone' and connecting the iPhone to my Mac also knocked out the USB socket. Thought it was a gonner, but decided eventually to attack it. Took it apart and found that one of the main tiny multipin connectors to the logic board had come disconnected. Re-connected, put it back together and all was back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

was taking it apart and repairing it yourself much work? I'm not an electronic engineer by any stretch of the imagination so i would be a complete novice attempting this.

Did you follow an online tutorial or anything? If you could point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

The only " authorised " ?? Mac repair place is Mactivate in Blanch. Im not sure if they can repair the iPhone but they are excellent with any other Mac repair. They might point you in the right direction anyway. Good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭jenzz

Sorry forgot to add - Try the o2 stores. If they the only ones supposed to sell them they use Brightpoint/CTC for their other repairs - I know they get farmed out to the likes of Sigma, MPRC etc but they might be able to tell you where the reapirs go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

Hi,

does anyone know of a place i could bring my iphone to be repaired?

Currently, the home button does not respond as it once did and the volume coming from the earpiece is very low. it was dropped recently and i think it may be damaged as these problems have only arisen since then.

Thanks.

Your point of call for phone repairs is the shop/retailer that you purchased it from; either Carphone Warehouse or O2 or 3G.

If the iPhone is one that you purchased on eBay and is unlocked or if it is out of warranty, you can try www.****.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i have my old iphone in for repair with electro repair centre. they're good blokes and the engineer knows his stuff, i've used them before for a few things. they are on south great georges street, dublin. beside hogans pub

• Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭sxt

Hamndegger wrote: »
    Your point of call for phone repairs is the shop/retailer that you purchased it from; either Carphone Warehouse or O2 or 3G.

If the iPhone is one that you purchased on eBay and is unlocked or if it is out of warranty, you can try www.****.ie

You should avoid ****.ie at all costs!!.You can read about the owner of ****.ie, alan donohoe ,hereSUNDAY MIRROR: INVESTIGATES Stolen phone? Give me a call.He bricked my ipod last year when I sent it in for a minor repair and didn't give a toss or except any responsiblilities:(I used their site **** by the way,hes a street smart thug who will fleece you at any opportunity:mad:.Google any of his other sites for more info:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

sxt wrote: »
    You should avoid ****.ie at all costs!!.You can read about the owner of ****.ie, alan donohoe ,hereSUNDAY MIRROR: INVESTIGATES Stolen phone? Give me a call.He bricked my ipod last year when I sent it in for a minor repair and didn't give a toss or except any responsiblilities:(I used their site **** by the way,hes a street smart thug who will fleece you at any opportunity:mad:.Google any of his other sites for more info:o

Oooops :o

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

was taking it apart and repairing it yourself much work?

Well the hardest bit I reckon without doing any damage is getting the back parts off. After that it's just a methodical removal off tiny screws etc, althought it was a little fiddly to actually get that small multi connector clicked back into place without having to take every component and ribbon cable out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

As far as I know Dectek do iPhone repairs and they are an authorised agent. Im not sure if they deal with Joe soap consumer but no harm in asking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Suttv

I have repaired several iphones, Glass/ Digitizer/LCD/Battery/ Case, 2G/ 3G, back to good as new, contact if anybody interested, Vin. Dublin 16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Borneo Fnctn

If you're bringing it in for a warranty repair don't admit to dropping it. Deny it to the ground if need be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

None of the authorised apple repair centres do iPhone repairs, as its outside of the AASP agreement and it is not possible to order parts much like the iPod where apple only replace them under warranty. The iPhone if its legitimate must be returned through O2 here in Ireland or The authorised agent from where you purchased it e.g Carphone Warehouse, so neither Typetec, Dectek, Mactivate, Galmac Etc can repair them. Your only option for a jailbroken/unlocked iphone is one of the phone unlock / repair shops, but as above treat ****.ie like the plague. As above the electro centre on georges street aint bad. www.equinoxireland.ie may do iphone repairs although im not sure but they do OOW iPod repairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Suttv

iphone repair, Glass/LCD/ Ete, i can fix it for you, back good as new, 2G/ 3G, contact if anybody interested, I am in Dublin 16. Hope its of help, dont pay big bucks, Vin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donoughf

I have a jailbreaked & unlock (3g 8Gb iphone) to Vodafone using yellowsn0w. I always had good signal (5 bars).
    Last week I dropped now my phone about 2 feet to the ground. Now it says "no service". When I go to Reset Network settings, I get 5 bars and then they drop off one by one to zero and then no service. Where the 3g symbol is I have a circle and I keep loosing the signal. When I go to network selection sometimes Vodafone is not there but Meteor and O2 is.

Currently I am on Version 2.2 (5G77) & Modem Firemware 2.28.00.

I have 2 questions

1) Did the drop cause the loss of signal, all other functions (ipod, internet work).
    2) Is there some where in the Dublin area to get checked out.

Regards

Donough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭coopersgreen

I dropped mine a few times and in the end I was having all kinds of signal problems. Network dropping, Wifi poor etc.

In the end I had to send it back to Apple as it was in warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 donoughf

I bought the phone on ebay so I have no warranty. When you said you sent back to apple, it there an apple facility in Ireland that does iphone maintenance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gx620

I know Compuworld in Dun Laoghaire does screen repalcements I collected mine there today and its good as new thankgod!you miss it when your back to an old shoddy phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 niamher

I dropped my iPhone and cracked the glass screen, the phone worked perfectly. After checking boards and ringing around I left it in to compuworld in Dun Laoghaire and they quoted me 75euro and said it would be done in around an hour. A day later I'm still waiting to get it back. After they replaced the screen the home button didn't work and there was dirt trapped under the glass. I did not take it and am STILL waiting to hear from them. I am not happy and I feel the staff have not made the repair a priority or been in any way apologetic for the service.

I would NOT recommend Compuworld in Dun Laoghaire for any repairs!! Pay a bit more and get a decent job done. I wish I had!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mr_Overlord

niamher wrote: »
    I dropped my iPhone and cracked the glass screen, the phone worked perfectly. After checking boards and ringing around I left it in to compuworld in Dun Laoghaire and they quoted me 75euro and said it would be done in around an hour. A day later I'm still waiting to get it back. After they replaced the screen the home button didn't work and there was dirt trapped under the glass. I did not take it and am STILL waiting to hear from them. I am not happy and I feel the staff have not made the repair a priority or been in any way apologetic for the service.

I would NOT recommend Compuworld in Dun Laoghaire for any repairs!! Pay a bit more and get a decent job done. I wish I had!

I couldnt disagree more Niamher!! Both myself, my Girlfriend and a few people I know have all had their iphones fixed in Compuworld Dun Laoghaire.

All same day fix and In one case (My Girlfriends Phone) where there also ended up being a problem with the home key and it was fixed the next day (not the end of the world!) He also explained to me that there is a small chance of this happening after the screen gets done so maybe that was also the case here??

I also found the staff to be extremely helpful :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Did they sort this out in the end? A day seems pretty quick for an iPhone repair - How much did its cost? Sorry - just saw €75 -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Mr_Overlord

spyderski wrote: »
    Did they sort this out in the end? A day seems pretty quick for an iPhone repair - How much did its cost? Sorry - just saw €75 -

My phone was done there in 45mins. went for lunch... came back... good as new!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭sashasdad

Left mine in around 11:30 this morning and collected it at 1pm. Very friendly and helpful staff, perfect repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭spyderski

Broke my f**king screen AGAIN! Compuworld are now only charging €75 for a new screen and they gave me another tenner off 'cos its my second time in for a screen! Said I'd give them a mention on boards since they were good to deal with again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Hi all,
    Just found this thread.
    My wife just dropped her iPhone 3GS and the home button is totally knackered.
    Any idea how much Compustore would charge for this to be repaired (probably only a loose connection...) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gx620

I got a new button fitted for 30quid there about a month ago.The lads sorted me out very quickly and have done a cracked screen before for me too

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭thewintermute

Hi, I have two of these to repair, was looking for somewhere to buy the parts to do it.

need two screens (including digitisers) and a home button, also need an lcd for the 3G, anyone know where I can buy the bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭spoonface

sxt wrote: »
    You should avoid ************.ie at all costs!!.You can read about the owner of ************.ie, alan donohoe ,hereSUNDAY MIRROR: INVESTIGATES Stolen phone? Give me a call.He bricked my ipod last year when I sent it in for a minor repair and didn't give a toss or except any responsiblilities:(I used their site ************* by the way,hes a street smart thug who will fleece you at any opportunity:mad:.Google any of his other sites for more info:o

I'd have to disagree. To begin with, that article by the highly respected (not) Sunday World takes a very negative view. I bought an iphone on ebay myself, bricked it by mistake and paid Alan what was a fair price to get it working again, so he provides a useful service to plenty people. Why blame him for people stealing phones any more than blaming mechanics for people stealing cars? Maybe you should hold the operators to blame instead for not doing a better job of catching people who re-use a stolen phone. I think Alan provides a useful service that helps you and me break the hold the operators place on you by locking phones to their network.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 indublin30

Compustore just fixed my iphone screen yesterday ... 75 euro and the phone is like brand new ... nothing bad to say about them ... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,734 ✭✭✭sxt

spoonface wrote: »
    I'd have to disagree. To begin with, that article by the highly respected (not) Sunday World takes a very negative view. I bought an iphone on ebay myself, bricked it by mistake and paid Alan what was a fair price to get it working again, so he provides a useful service to plenty people. Why blame him for people stealing phones any more than blaming mechanics for people stealing cars? Maybe you should hold the operators to blame instead for not doing a better job of catching people who re-use a stolen phone. I think Alan provides a useful service that helps you and me break the hold the operators place on you by locking phones to their network.

Why blame him for people stealing phones ? if phone muggers know that some equally dodgy person/premises will happily buy all the stolen phones that they rob off people in that area....

"We do indeed buy mobile phones. We don't ask any questions - a phone is a phone. It's nicked? No bother at all, no bother."

If I had known before about this Dodgy character,I would have gone elsewhere and it definitely would of saved me a alot of expense ,and months of despicable lies and tricks. Horrible

I mean look at this boards thread about Gsm solutions and their console repairs operation, this guy will go to any length to get money and swindle other people

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055688248

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement