Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK firm offers "Chav Free" holidays, could it happen here?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I thought the topic said "UK firm offers "Chavs Free" holidays, could it happen here?", which would be something entirely different.

Great, I thought. Send them somewhere and never let them back :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

efla wrote: »
    At the very least he could be easier to overpower. Given the target price range, I doubt either of the higher end possibilites would be a concern
    Indeed .Quite a few people have being severely fined and banned for life from flying with some airlines after drunk and disordly behavior on board a plane .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

latchyco wrote: »
    Indeed .Quite a few people have being severely fined and banned for life from flying with some airlines after drunk and disordly behavior on board a plane .

Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind something similar on Irish Rail Intercity...

julep wrote: »
    But mostly Galway.

Since when? If anything Galway has less scumbags than other places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

efla wrote: »
    Come to think of it, I wouldn't mind something similar on Irish Rail Intercity...
    I would ban any steeming drunks from boarding a plane - full stop .I was stuck beside one once on a flight from UK to Dublin .

Like by all means, have a drink or two if you wish and enjoy but dont become a fcufwit once on board the plane .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

lets all go to west meath, sure theirs nothing there... but thats the point...

no people = no posers/scumbags...

just pitch and tent and crack open a tin of ultra cheap larger and your away.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭lisbon_lions

S.I.R wrote: »
    lets all go to west meath...

Er, the whole point is to get away from chav's, and you want to go pitch a tent in the captial? Make sure to bring the golf clubs and hurley bat for your 'activities break'.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just don't go to Courtown.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

If they threw in "Ginger Free" as an optional extra I would be very interested.

Hmmmm ..

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

deemark wrote: »
    Think this came out of some cruise company that sold a lot of their holidays at half-price last minute. The boat was full of families of "low-class people" (for want of a better phrase) who started fights and apparently set fire to a Christmas tree. The people who'd paid full whack were intimidated and looking for money back after it.

Maybe one's social class should be on one's passport, it would make everything a lot more pleasant...:rolleyes:

Something along the lines of "tick box if you are a chav" ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

5starpool wrote: »
    Just go somewhere expensive. That is pretty much guaranteed to be scumbag free. A skiing holiday in France or Switzerland is a good start.
    Definitely. To avoid scumbags go on a skiing holiday.
    Scumbags can't ski, hate activities and loathe cold.

Or maybe even "Jock Free" - spent one holiday in the Islands near Africa...next doors balcony was occupied by a Jock family.

Mother had a voice that would saw wood !

Had two little kids - one apparently named Kyle - their method of child minding was to sit on their first floor balcony with ample supplies of beer..send the kids - aged about 6 / 7 down to the kids pool directly below them and spend the day bellowing

KY-OLL ! STAAA-CY !!

Felt like comitting GBH with my flagon o Bulmers.....not nice !!!

Oh Canary Islands ! knew it would come to me ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

The only way to have a scum free holiday is to pack a baseball bat along with your sunscreen and swimming trunks. The scum won't take long in shutting up shop and leaving the resort once they realise you will be using their heads for baseball practice. I know this from experience.

:mad:

I smell BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I don't care who I go with, just don't clap when the plane lands! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Go someplace with culture

or

go someplace a package holiday company does not go to.

Im going to Australia and Phuket soon(see my Sig) and dont expect to have a Chavvy flight but if I was flying futura to Crete(or similar) Im sure I would surrounded by a different class of traveller.

If you go someplace and you notice a slot machine acrcade has opened then stop going there because its too late for the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Mingey

It's not hard to avoid knackers on holiday, they all congregate in dirty places with **** music and KFC's. Go to places with nice scenery and/or culture. ie, when in Amsterdam, stay out of the Red Light district. If you are on the Mediterranean, try to find beaches that the locals use, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

The only way to have a scum free holiday is to pack a baseball bat along with your sunscreen and swimming trunks. The scum won't take long in shutting up shop and leaving the resort once they realise you will be using their heads for baseball practice. I know this from experience.

The Citizen strikes again!!:eek::eek:
    who is this masked crusader!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Easiest solution is to get your hands on a Budget travel brochure and make sure you don't book anywhere they fly to.

As for avoiding gingers, just book somewhere with sunlight and temperatures over 20 degrees - I hear they spontaneously combust
    at average temperatures.

DubLass wrote: »
    Something along the lines of "tick box if you are a chav" ?

Or maybe even "Thick Box" heheheheh :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

Since the Citizen was banned, I find this quote sums up his short visit to boards.ie nicely

"Because he's the hero Gotham boards deserves, but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not the hero.He's a silent guardian, watchful protector.The Dark Knight."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,856 ✭✭✭Valmont

I'd echo the just-avoid-package-holidays mentality to avoid the scum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Berty wrote: »
    Go someplace with culture

or

go someplace a package holiday company does not go to.

Im going to Australia and Phuket soon(see my Sig) and dont expect to have a Chavvy flight but if I was flying futura to Crete(or similar) Im sure I would surrounded by a different class of traveller.

If you go someplace and you notice a slot machine acrcade has opened then stop going there because its too late for the place.

You are not going to like Australia then mate.....

Not too late for Trabolgan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭HarryD

julep wrote: »
    Banned for advocating violence against others.

God I love this place. :D

HD - banned for too much love

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Citizen

Valmont wrote: »
    Since the Citizen was banned, I find this quote sums up his short visit to boards.ie nicely

"Because he's the hero Gotham boards deserves, but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not the hero.He's a silent guardian, watchful protector.The Dark Knight."

Short visit? I am back with a vengeance and I will be posting more accounts of my never ending war on the scum later today.

Advertisement