Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK firm offers "Chav Free" holidays, could it happen here?

Options
  • 27-01-2009 10:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭

http://www.theherald.co.uk/news/news/display.var.2484692.0.travel_firm_defends_chavfree_holidays.php

I smell a PR stunt
    Directors of a travel company that sent customers an email promising chav-free holidays have defended the move.

The email, sent out by Activities Abroad, included a list of names travellers were likely to encounter on one of their holidays and another list they would be less likely to meet.

Among the unlikely names were Britney, Kylie-Lianne, Dazza and Shannon.

The likely names included John, Sarah, James and Alice.

The email, headed "Chav Free Activity Holidays", was signed off "Nuff said, innit? The Activities Abroad Team".

So would you pay extra to stay away from Irish knackers? (and I dont mean travelers).
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

"Nuff said, innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

Where do I sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

They must be joking. If its real, its pretty dumb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Everybody want to have a memorable holiday without it being spoilt by '' chave knackers'' or whatever type of slang word you wish to use but the guy who set up that article on the site is probably one of those obnoixious stuck up people you would'nt want to be stuck around on holiday with either .

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just go somewhere expensive. That is pretty much guaranteed to be scumbag free. A skiing holiday in France or Switzerland is a good start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Citizen

The only way to have a scum free holiday is to pack a baseball bat along with your sunscreen and swimming trunks. The scum won't take long in shutting up shop and leaving the resort once they realise you will be using their heads for baseball practice. I know this from experience.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Just dont go on a package holiday if you dont want to go with the great unwashed.

The only way to have a scum free holiday is to pack a baseball bat along with your sunscreen and swimming trunks. The scum won't take long in shutting up shop and leaving the resort once they realise you will be using their heads for baseball practice. I know this from experience.

That's a criminal offence and you just described yourself as one of the people , other people go away on holiday to avoid .

Were customs afraid to take the baseball bat away from you?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Just don't go to them islands off the coast of North West Africa or the Balearics and you'll be grand.

The Canary Islands. I knew it would come to me.

• Advertisement

Banned for advocating violence against others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

The only way to have a scum free holiday is to pack a baseball bat along with your sunscreen and swimming trunks.

Kinky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Chavs or scumbags are everywhere. Anywhere in the world you can spot a ****ty mullet.

Chavs or scumbags are everywhere. Anywhere in the world you can spot a ****ty mullet.
    But mostly Galway.

julep wrote: »
    Just don't go to them islands off the coast of North West Africa or the Balearics and you'll be grand.

The Canary Islands. I knew it would come to me.
    Pray tell ?

I had a memoribale holiday in Ibiza in 03 .It was on a family resort away form the '' wild rave scene '' side of the island which is what a lot of people associate Ibiza with .

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

It's not a bad idea!

There are people I wouldn't want to go on holiday with...like knackers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Would pay extra for it

that post makes you sound like a tosser.

He can't answer you.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If there is a travel organisation that can offer me chav/scum free holidays with child free flights and i will sign up for life.

• Advertisement

inforfun wrote: »
    If there is a travel organisation that can offer me chav/scum free holidays with child free flights and i will sign up for life.
    Take it you dont intend to have children ?

Shh, he was happy there for 2 minuets.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

latchyco wrote: »
    Everybody want to have a memorable holiday without it being spoilt by '' chave knackers'' or whatever type of slang word you wish to use but the guy who set up that article on the site is probably one of those obnoixious stuck up people you would'nt want to be stuck around on holiday with either .

But more likely to feel humiliated and back off if he decides to get drunk and rowdy on the plane/activity

Best idea ever, about f***ing time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Think this came out of some cruise company that sold a lot of their holidays at half-price last minute. The boat was full of families of "low-class people" (for want of a better phrase) who started fights and apparently set fire to a Christmas tree. The people who'd paid full whack were intimidated and looking for money back after it.

Maybe one's social class should be on one's passport, it would make everything a lot more pleasant...:rolleyes:

deemark wrote: »
    Think this came out of some cruise company that sold a lot of their holidays at half-price last minute. The boat was full of families of "low-class people" (for want of a better phrase) who started fights and apparently set fire to a Christmas tree. The people who'd paid full whack were intimidated and looking for money back after it.

Maybe one's social class should be on one's passport, it would make everything a lot more pleasant...:rolleyes:

I particularly like their innovative approach to profiling - simple name filtering!

efla wrote: »
    But more likely to feel humiliated and back off if he decides to get drunk and rowdy on the plane/activity
    Who ? .....the chav guy ?

Not always the chav guy / gal who gets drunk and rowdy on planes ,all sorts have being known to loose the plot and attack other passengers / staff , even celebs have being known to be drunk, obnoixious and rowdy .But I do take your point .
    deemark wrote: »
    Hitler had a plan like that to .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Take it you dont intend to have children ?

You got that right.

Who ? .....the chav guy ?

Not always the chav guy / gal who gets drunk and rowdy on planes ,all sorts have being known to loose the plot and attack other passengers / staff , even celebs have being known to be drunk, obnoixious and rowdy .But I do take your point .

At the very least he could be easier to overpower. Given the target price range, I doubt either of the higher end possibilites would be a concern

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

that post makes you sound like a tosser.

Banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

There's always been chav free holidays tbh, they're usually the more expensive ones. I think it's just a stunt to attract people with the crazy hatred of scumbags, so half of boards to start with.

Advertisement