Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to fix The Recession

Options
  • 25-01-2009 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭

Put a big hoover in the Dáil and suck up all their money.

Obviously this wouldn't exactly be legal since the TDs wouldn't agree to it, so we'd get Batman to do it. He's on honest guy, he'd use the money to buy all the banks and sort them out. Then he'd commission a giant statue in his honour and construction jobs would be created.

No need to thank me folks.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

phasers wrote: »

Obviously this wouldn't exactly be legal since the TDs wouldn't agree to it, so we'd get Batman to do it. He's on honest guy, he'd use the money to buy all the banks and sort them out. Then he'd commission a giant statue in his honour and construction jobs would be created.

How not to fix a recession

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

It can't be fixed, we just gotta get away from it.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

I can see this plan working, if by money you mean breakfast rolls, and if by hoover you mean Mary Harney.

I can see this plan working, if by money you mean breakfast rolls, and if by hoover you mean Mary Harney.

You could hide a lot of money up her crack, :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Stage one: Make becoming a politician a non-waged/perked volunteer occupation/vocation.
    See how many of the money grabbing wasters will stick around then!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

Why not a 'destruction industry'? We could pay all the now jobless construction workers to dismantle the hundreds of thousands of houses we didn't need after all. Then with the burgeoning destruction industry in full flight, migrants would return and we'd need to build the houses again in order for them to live in while they dismantled the others, meet in the middle and start all over again. Flawless logic I think you'll agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Unfortunately, very few of those houses are paid for, which is a big part of the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,011 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

freire wrote: »
    Why not a 'destruction industry'? We could pay all the now jobless construction workers to dismantle the hundreds of thousands of houses we didn't need after all. Then with the burgeoning destruction industry in full flight, migrants would return and we'd need to build the houses again in order for them to live in while they dismantled the others, meet in the middle and start all over again. Flawless logic I think you'll agree.

Yep, we could do with a Legoland.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

Put a big hoover in the Dáil and suck up all their money the useless cnuts in there.

Fixed. :D

deadhead13 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, very few of those houses are paid for, which is a big part of the problem.
    Curses.

• Advertisement

Ignore it and it might go away, Bertie did that for 18 months.:rolleyes:
    He probably doesn't think it's happened at all , perched in his ivory tower.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Kickboxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

We could start shutting the fcuk up about it... that would be a start. Talking about it doesn't seem to be working.

We could start writing Irish scam letters, seems to work ok for the Nigerians.:D
    Hello friend, I am attorney for the late Irish Goverment official...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Get rid of the 'nice people' with fantastic communication skills working in Dept Finance and hire some sh*t hot economists.
    That's the reason we're in this mess.

We could start shutting the fcuk up about it... that would be a start. Talking about it doesn't seem to be working.

You must have it in for boards.ie Ltd - if we did that, traffic in AH would drop by about 50% :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

spend, spend, spend and stop living the fear of the recession.

tech2 wrote: »
    spend, spend, spend and stop living the fear of the recession.

Dunno about others but about all I got to spend is time, hence posting inane comments on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Nolanger wrote: »
    Get rid of the 'nice people' with fantastic communication skills working in Dept Finance and hire some sh*t hot economists.
    That's the reason we're in this mess.

Bertie Ahern? Brian Cowen? Brian Lenihan?

A Stutterer, 2 fat lads and 3 idiots, excellent communications skills there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Lads the construction industry will be booming soon with all them new dole offices bieng built --economy fixed:D

• Advertisement

Lads the construction industry will be booming soon with all them new dole offices bieng built --economy fixed:D

We should do what Obama plans to do - build new roads and railways and generally improve our infrastructure, whilst employing people rather than having them be on the dole. Then when the economy does bounce back, eventually, we have a first-class public transport system waiting for it.

The only problem is funding it, but that can be put on the long finger in times of crisis, or substituted from less important things. That or let private companies operate the things, as has been done very successfully with the LUAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

But Batman is already a billionaire....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

You fix it by spending money you don't have.

Simple right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

ClioV6 wrote: »
    You fix it by spending money you don't have.

Simple right?

Didn't work out the best for zimbabwe.
    Personally I think a showtrial is in order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

but I want one trillion euros

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

A one trillion euro note would be rather cool. I endorse your sound economic policies as does Eddie Hobbs who is tied up in my cellar.

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

If it was 2006, it could have been done wih a roundhouse kick.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Print more euros! \o/

Advertisement