Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone going to GMIT?

Options
  • 25-01-2009 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭

anyone going to GMIT in september?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

I'm considering going but have been trying to get some information from them and it just seems impossible!
    It's starting to remind me of the last college I went to :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭laura!

what course are you considering???? i feel like i'm the only person going!!!!!

yeah i cant get any information from them either

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

Cool, so it's not just me..

I'm considering doing Outdoor Rec in the Castlebar campus.
    Was going to go last year but a few things got in the way..

What are you planning to do?

event management and PR in galway. i'm dreading butcan't wait at the same time. i'm just moving over from monaghan on my own not knowing a soul and just hoping all goes ok !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Ah don't worry! I moved up here from Waterford pretty much not knowing anyone either. (4 years ago now!!) Galway is a great, friendly place and GMIT is a very sociable college, lots done to accommodate newcomers in getting settled in and meeting new people. You'll have a blast!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnny.b

hey Laura, im going to do the same course hopefully.

johnny.b wrote: »
    hey Laura, im going to do the same course hopefully.

really? well now i am shocked!:P do you have any idea what the points are because i can't find it anywhere?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 johnny.b

i remember seeing them sumwhere months ago,for some reason i have the figure 300 in my head but that could be way off. ill see can i find it for you!

great. thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Gaillimh1990

its a veri sociable colage!! dont wori ull b grand!!! nearly ever1 was n da same boat!!:pac::pac::D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Taurus1987

If all goes well. I'm applying for the Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Software Development 1 year add-on. :-) Hopefully it will be interesting and somewhat of a challenge. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 cesarbart

the add on is interesting, the project is the trickiest. goodluck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭galwayguy22

its a veri sociable colage!! dont wori ull b grand!!! nearly ever1 was n da same boat!!:pac::pac::D

Good Lord.

From the sounds of it you're at least currently in 1st year of colage(college), 1990 is in your name so I'm assuming you're now 19, and yet you still can't manage to use half decent English?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Good Lord.

From the sounds of it you're at least currently in 1st year of colage(college), 1990 is in your name so I'm assuming you're now 19, and yet you still can't manage to use half decent English?

Probably straight from a 'Eye Telephone' these youngsters seem to love! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Good Lord.

From the sounds of it you're at least currently in nth year of colage(college), 22 is in your name so I'm assuming you're now 22, and yet you still can't manage to get laid?

:(

Anima wrote: »
    Good Lord.

From the sounds of it you're at least currently in nth year of colage(college), 22 is in your name so I'm assuming you're now 22, and yet you still can't manage to get laid?

:(

Well I'm actually 23 now. No I can't get laid but what has that to do with anything? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Spent three years in GMIT in Galway. Really first class place (college, facilities, lecturers, city etc.) I went there knowing no one and settled in really well. Made some really great friends, as lot of whom Im still in contact with years later....

Engineering all the way :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭hopeful_girl

hopefully im getting in there next year for art xD

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Am studying in GMIT now, it id defo a great college, k some things need to be fixed and some facilities leave alot to be desired but you are a person to the lecturers and they actually care!!! It’s the best place to do anything like engineering, art or anything practical like that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

im hopefully doing energy engineering!
    any1 else doing it?

• Advertisement

No one is doing energy engineering yet as it is only starting in september!! I am in 3rd year of mechanical engineering and energy eng is based on mech eng!! In first year you will have

Engineering Science - basically physics and chemistry
    Manufacturing Engineering - i think
    Control engineering - sensors etc
    Computers
    Maths
    then you will have some energy type subjects!!! Any questions ask as I know the head prob wont answer, she is busy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭mink_man

i meant did any1 else put it down on their cao! but anywho!

Excuse my helpfulness...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 michaelpeyton

hopefully im getting in there next year for art xD
    Oh God! Not another one of those...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Hey enough of that now! I happen to know a lot of people in the art campus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 KeepOnPimpin'

mink_man wrote: »
    im hopefully doing energy engineering!
    any1 else doing it?
    I'm hopefully doin this aswell...
    wonder about how many points it will be?!?!?!?

Keep On Pimpin'..... Your Mom

Oh God! Not another one of those...
    what is that supposed to mean?

what is that supposed to mean?

A smelly hippie I'd guess.

A smelly hippie I'd guess.

im the furtherest thing from a hippy.

idiot.

• Advertisement