Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freakishly skiny girl in new coke ad wtf.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Bony chest.

A couple of pints of coke every day will soon sort that out though.
    Crisis averted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

longshanks wrote: »
    ah you're just splittting hairs now. its ok to be fat if you're famous??
    Where the hell did I say that? No, it's not ok to be fat. At all. I was making the point that, where a model/actor's image is important to the selling of the product, a fat person will not be used.
    For Iceland (food for unhealthy people anyway) sexy people aren't needed to sell it, instead a well-known, popular personality - like Kerry Katona and that one from the Nolans.
    It's not splitting hairs, it's taking context into consideration, which is important in advertising.
    True though, I should have said, when sex appeal is needed to sell a product, a fat person will not be used.
    brim4brim wrote: »
    Don't think she is too skinny.

She's just normal. Now put down that pork and pick up an apple! :P
    Of course she's skinny (and not a "normal" size - what nonsense). You can see bones sticking out of her chest and arms. In another thread guys would be complaining about her lack of tits. And finding her skinny is not the sole preserve of overweight people.
    This woman for instance is "fatter" than her, yet slim: http://getdesi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/katrina.jpg
    I'd consider her very healthy looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ah stupid audio diasbling....

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ffs now i want a coke after watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

As I said, Freakishly skiny girl in new coke ad wtf? seriously :eek::confused::eek::confused::eek::confused:.

No more coke for me.

What is wrong with you people eh?
    For starters she is thin but she's not 'freakishly skinny'. She is on the thin side and so are a lot of people in this world, like a lot of people are on the chubby side and a lot of people are what we consider to be normal. Why are we saying that people from one of these groups cannot be used for commercials? This is pc-ness gone wrong, only a lot of people wouldn't recognize it for what it is, stupid pc-ness gone wrong.

Is it maybe that Irish people are so over-excited about skinny people stuff because the chubby element is so prevalent in this country?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Dudess wrote: »

And it's as bad as using an extremely overweight person to sell a product (never gonna happen though).

It does happen, Ann French in the Terry's chocolate orange adds. She's fat, it works, it's a great add.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Dudess wrote: »
    Of course she's skinny (and not a "normal" size - what nonsense). You can see bones sticking out of her chest and arms. In another thread guys would be complaining about her lack of tits. And finding her skinny is not the sole preserve of overweight people.
    This woman for instance is "fatter" than her, yet slim: http://getdesi.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/katrina.jpg
    I'd consider her very healthy looking.

I meant she was skinny but not too skinny.

Normal for her body type not normal as in average.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the way she looks. No need to give the girl a complex. It would only be bad if she was starving herself to look like that instead of just eating right. Know a lot of girls that look like her that aren't killing themselves to look like that.

I can see my bones in my arms and chest. I make no attempt to lose weight. Its just the way I am, get slagged about it all the time. Can't gain weight either. Some people are just the way they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

No need to give the girl a complex.
    She's not going to be reading this I would wager...
    It would only be bad if she was starving herself to look like that instead of just eating right. Know a lot of girls that look like her that aren't killing themselves to look like that.

I can see my bones in my arms and chest. I make no attempt to lose weight. Its just the way I am, get slagged about it all the time. Can't gain weight either. Some people are just the way they are.
    I agree. And I said all that earlier.
    realcam wrote: »
    What is wrong with you people eh?
    For starters she is thin but she's not 'freakishly skinny'. She is on the thin side and so are a lot of people in this world, like a lot of people are on the chubby side and a lot of people are what we consider to be normal.
    Well there's opinion to take into consideration too - in my opinion she's horribly thin and I think women look best when slim. Michelle Pfeiffer's the best-looking woman (face and body-wise) ever imo.
    I agree, the girl in the Coke ad isn't "freakishly" skinny though.

Dudess, I'm singling you out for this one as you seem to acquire a bee in your bonnet every time something like this arises.

How do you feel about the following?

How do you think the average fat ****er like me feels when I see pictures like this?
    No, not turned on.
    I have to live up to those standards if I want a girlfriend because that's what women expect in a man. After all, that's sexy, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

They should be kept skinny and undernourished lest they rise up against us and gain the vote!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭deleriumtremens

Coke my friends is the "rizzle-pizzle" ie. its fuppin gorgeous!
    She should drink a few bottles a day, put a bit of meat on her!

Oh yeah

/would

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

She's thin, but she looks healthy.

Storm > teacup.

This is freakishly skinny, and quite tame compared to some google image results.

Storm > teacup.

This is freakishly skinny, and quite tame compared to some google image results.
    If I was at that fashion show, I would have got up on the cat walk and handed her a big mac.

Storm > teacup.

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little :eek:

Actually did feel queezy in my stomach TBH. Scary pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

What a load of rubbish over nothing.

Girl is quite normal imho.

Bloke looks like a right bit of a gimp if I may say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

The guy in the ad is also a bit on the thin side, but doesn't really seem to be an issue. Its only that you can she her shoulders and upper arms that she looks a bit boney, but don't think she looks an unhealthy weight

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

julep wrote: »
    How do you think the average fat ****er like me feels when I see pictures like this?
    No, not turned on.
    I have to live up to those standards if I want a girlfriend because that's what women expect in a man. After all, that's sexy, right?

Not all women , I prefere the John Wayne type.
    Its nice to have a big girth to put your arms around.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Not all women , I prefere the John Wayne type.
    Its nice to have a big girth to put your arms around.

That's what you lot mean when you say girth?!! :eek: I thought.... and to think of all the money I wasted on pumps, pills and patches. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

girl's hot TBH. far from too skinny.

javaboy wrote: »
    That's what you lot mean when you say girth?!! :eek: I thought.... and to think of all the money I wasted on pumps, pills and patches. :mad:

Plenty of food and drink, and enjoy your life.:)
    Thats what he did , until the big C got him.:(
    I like my men to be like a big comfy sofa.:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Plenty of food and drink, and enjoy your life.:)
    Thats what he did , until the big C got him.:(
    I like my men to be like a big comfy sofa.:o

Fecking feeder!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

She's fairly slim alright but hardly overly skinny.

You're all missing the real problem here though.

That guy with that girl NEVER gonna happen. Gawky looking git get a haircut you greasy hippy.

Actually that ad makes me think of a pair of heroine addicts giving each other a hit. Think about it lifting the arms up flexing there hands getting the veins up then holding there arms out and fluid flowin in.

DanGerMus wrote: »
    She's fairly slim alright but hardly overly skinny.

You're all missing the real problem here though.

That guy with that girl NEVER gonna happen. Gawky looking git get a haircut you greasy hippy.

Actually that ad makes me think of a pair of heroine addicts giving each other a hit. Think about it lifting the arms up flexing there hands getting the veins up then holding there arms out and fluid flowin in.

^^If we spread this, it might go round far enough that coke will pull this piece of sh*t ad and give us something clever or funny instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

^^If we spread this, it might go round far enough that coke will pull this piece of sh*t ad and give us something clever or funny instead.
    yeah! Lets get a campaign going, this is a disgrace, there should be something brought up by cowen about it, but once again the so-called "leaders" of the country are nowhere to be found, not even a statement released.
    :rolleyes:

javaboy wrote: »
    Fecking feeder!

"What you talkin bout javaboy?":(

/ Am Not.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,527 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Video needs to be better quality, but it kinda looks like her clothes are making her look skinny. They look purposefully baggy and are just hanging off her, so that could explain it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Hold on a minute!!!!!..........

Sharpshooter's a chick?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

People give out when fat people are on TV(TV3) and they give out when there is skinny girls on TV:rolleyes:

You can never win......

zuroph wrote: »
    yeah! Lets get a campaign going, this is a disgrace, there should be something brought up by cowen about it, but once again the so-called "leaders" of the country are nowhere to be found, not even a statement released.
    :rolleyes:

With all the free time people are going to have, there will be plenty of time for this and having a go at politicians about the situation we are in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭Ardscoil Ris

I don't see all the fuss. I would totally dick her!

Advertisement