If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Panasonic and Samsung TV Availability

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smartbodydublin

I always assumed her 42' Samsung was an LCD with a really great picture...

I got her to find the manual, it's a plasma series 4...ahem.

It's being used for games, but she had made sure it got around 200 hours full screen use at low settings. I have seen no sign of image retention beyond a few minutes or hours. That is not image burn just ghosting effect which is nothing.

Compared to my sisters expensive LCD Panasonic, the picture on this plasma is dam fine.

I emailed the address that was give for RS a few days ago, but got nothing back. I'm now looking at a Samsung 50 from Pixmania, with 5 year warrenty for around e1020. She saw this model in a local store and preferred it to the panny.

I'd prefer to go with R.S. but don't see it there, they do have an excellent LG 50' set that she also checked out down here in same store as Panny. She saw that but still preferred the Samsung. It's her choice as she will be one looking at it mostly. I'll keep an eye on R.S.

TA Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

RS are sometimes pretty slow to respond to queries, to the point where it can be frustrating, specially when a decision you're making hinges on their response.

After buying my 50PZ80 (delivery), a VSX-818, DV-410 & NSP-110 5.1 set (collection), I'm happy enough.

I can only assume that they get so many queries that they can't keep up, or that if products are out of stock, there's little point in wasting time typing, "sorry, but your stuff still isn't in", though personally I'd apreciate that sort of message once a week if I am waiting on something.

Now that the Samsung PS50A457 for £600 is gone and not coming back :( , it looks like I'm going for an LG 50PG3000 from them for £650 - come accross any reviews on that? Anyone got any opinions or review info on that LG TV?

Mark

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

I always assumed her 42' Samsung was an LCD with a really great picture...

I got her to find the manual, it's a plasma series 4...ahem.

It's being used for games, but she had made sure it got around 200 hours full screen use at low settings. I have seen no sign of image retention beyond a few minutes or hours. That is not image burn just ghosting effect which is nothing.

Compared to my sisters expensive LCD Panasonic, the picture on this plasma is dam fine.

I emailed the address that was give for RS a few days ago, but got nothing back. I'm now looking at a Samsung 50 from Pixmania, with 5 year warrenty for around e1020. She saw this model in a local store and preferred it to the panny.

I'd prefer to go with R.S. but don't see it there, they do have an excellent LG 50' set that she also checked out down here in same store as Panny. She saw that but still preferred the Samsung. It's her choice as she will be one looking at it mostly. I'll keep an eye on R.S.

TA Mark

Mark,

apologies for the delay in getting back to you - unfortunately I have been away for a few days over the last 2 weeks and I'm just catching up now.

We do have the Sammy PS50a476 available ex-stock at £779.95 http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAMS-PS50A476 This is a beautiful set and at a cracking price for a decent 50".

Drop me a line or a PM or call the office if you are interested in this and I'll get the guys to look after you pronto.

Apologies again for the dealy in getting back to you (I'm still searching for your email!)

ATB,

John Mc

Mod Comment:

Closing thread, new thread on TV availability coming soon from Richersounds.

Ritz.

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

This discussion has been closed.