If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Panasonic and Samsung TV Availability

Options
  • 24-01-2009 9:11pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭

Dear Boardies,

In response to 100's of emails about Sony, Samsung and Panasonic availability I thought I would give boardies a heads up on what the latest news is on stock and pricing due to many manufacturers increasing costs - so here goes!

Panasonic:

TX26LXD80 - Now a finished line

TX32LXD80 - Now a finished line - Alternative - Pioneer KRL32V now reduced to £679.95 (£20 cheaper than the UK price) http://www.richersounds.com/productlist.php?cda=productlist&sort=price&search=pioneer+32&feature=&manufacturer=

TH37PX80 - Now a finished line - Alternatives - Sharp LC37D44 £499.95 http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SHAR-LC37D44EBK
    Or
    Pioneer KRL37V £899.95 http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PION-KRL37V

TX37LZD81 - More stock due in february - but the price is increasing (new price not confirmed)

TX32LZD81 - Same as the 37" above

TX37LZD800 - Finished line

TH42PZ80/85 - Small delivery due in February - again I'm afraid the price is to increase - Alternative Samsung LE40A686 now (finally) available ex stock at just £749.95.

TH42PX80 - Finished line - Alternative - Samsung LE40A686 £749.95

TH50PZ80 -Small delivery due in February - again I'm afraid the price is to increase

SONY

Finished Lines:

KDL32W4000
    KDL46W4500
    KDL26L4000
    KDL26V4000

All other Sony stock is heavily back-ordered and to try to give decent service we are not taking further orders until we clear our back orders - but here is an update anyway!

KDL32V4000 - Price increasing - Stock available in February
    KDL40V4000 - Price increasing - Tiny amount of stock available in February
    KDL40W4000 - no information at present
    KDL40W4500 - no information at present

Again I would really recommend the excellent Pioneer range as alternatives to the Sonys - have a look at our pricing compared to the main competitors in Dublin in the South or even to any UK pricing!

Pioneer KRL32V - £679.95 (£20 cheaper than UK price - Boardies special)- http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PION-KRL32V
    Pioneer KRL37V - £899.95 http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PION-KRL37V
    Pioneer KRL46V - £1399.95 (£100 cheaper than UK price - boardies special) http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=PION-KRL46V

SAMSUNG

LE40A686 - £749.95 - Back in stock at last - YIPPIE!
    LE46A686 - Finished line - Boooooo
    SM932 15" - Back in stock! http://www.richersounds.com/showproduct.php?cda=showproduct&pid=SAMS-SM932MW

Just as an aside the Samsung BDP1500 Blu-Ray is also back in stock at just £149.95

The Onkyo 606 (£329.95) and the Denon 1909 (£299.95) are also back in stock at last - but mainly silver.

Sorry for being so long winded - but I thought many of you would appreciate the info - as ever please drop me an email if I can assist to johnmc@richersounds.ie and I'll do my best to respond.

Thanks again,

JohnMc

Please note: to be fair to other retailers - if we list a line as a 'finished line' this does not necessarily mean that the Manufacturer has discontinued it in all markets - just that RS do not range it any more.

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭jpfahy

I'll take a LE40A686, sending PM

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

Hi John
    Thanks for the update.
    I'm interested in the pz80. How much will it increase to?
    Otherwise I'll go with the 40a686.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I've made a "Sticky" of this thread, given that it addresses the many stock enquiries that regularly come up here.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭BoycieIRL

Guys, any updates on the 40W4000 - i see Pixmania are now quoting they have stock. Any sign of Richersounds getting a delivery.

All, spoke to Matthew in RS today and he checked their chase list. 40w4000 are due in mid Feb - advised me to ring next Tues to confirm and see if there was a delivery date available. Johnmc, you might post here as soon as the word comes through.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Boycie,
    Thanks for the post - maybe I'm too damn old now but I'm unconvinced - we are expecting a small shipment in Feb - however I really am not sure that there will be any free stock after meeting our existing Customer back-orders.

On the positive side Sammy 686's should free up again in February and the Pioneer 37 is now available from stock at just £899.95 and the 46" Sharp is also finally in stock at £799 and the Sammy 686 is due next Tuesday at £999

Thanks again for the post and drop me a line to johnmc@richersounds.ie if I can assist,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭zaphodbeeb

...Just a bit confused - looking to be certain !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 razorkai

Hello

I am confused by the TX37LZD800 being listed as a finished line. I emailed Panasonic to ask them about this set as I was having problems locating one in stock. They told me that it is not discontinued just in short supply at present. Can someone clarify whether this tv will become available again in the future, or should I look at another model. Any suggestions for a similar model?

Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

razorkai wrote: »
    Hello
    I am confused by the TX37LZD800 being listed as a finished line. I emailed Panasonic to ask them about this set as I was having problems locating one in stock. They told me that it is not discontinued just in short supply at present. Can someone clarify whether this tv will become available again in the future, or should I look at another model. Any suggestions for a similar model?

Thanks

From the end of JohnMc's post:
    johnmc wrote: »
    Please note: to be fair to other retailers - if we list a line as a 'finished line' this does not necessarily mean that the Manufacturer has discontinued it in all markets - just that RS do not range it any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 razorkai

Oops, I missed that so thanks for pointing it out. However, my question about an equivalent model still stands so any takers?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 roscopolo

SAMSUNG

LE40A686 - £749.95 - Back in stock at last - YIPPIE!
    ...On the positive side Sammy 686's should free up again in February and the Pioneer 37 is now available from stock at just £899.95 and the 46" Sharp is also finally in stock at £799 and the Sammy 686 is due next Tuesday at £999
    hi john,
    just want to check actual price on le40a686, presume it's the 40" you give price for above as you say the 46" is finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭podge3

...46" Sharp is also finally in stock at £799 ....
    I can highly recommend this TV - the picture is absolutely brilliant.

Rew thanks for the clarification!

Razorkai - exactly - Panasonic have not actually discontinued any of the 37/ 8 series models as far as I know but they are a finished line for RS and I understand that stocks are critically short for all retailers at the moment. So apologies for that.

The best alternatives that we do are probably the excellent Samsung LE40A686 at £749.95 or the really serious Pioneer KRL37V which have just been slaughtered in price down to £899.95 (it is over €1800 in DID and over €1700 pretty much everywhere down south!!!) and it really is a stunning piece of kit!

Thanks again and apologies for the delay in my reply - drop me an email if I can assist - I'm a little slow answering at the moment as I'm out of the office a bit at the moment but I WILL get to all the mails by the ned of this week latest (thats Sunday Midnight BTW just to cover myself! :D)

ATB,

John mc
    razorkai wrote: »
    Hello

Thanks

By the way the Sammy 46LE686 is actually back from the dead - Yippie - at £999.95 - in stock now and still as damn sexy as ever!

ATB,

John Mc
    roscopolo wrote: »

hi john,
    just want to check actual price on le40a686, presume it's the 40" you give price for above as you say the 46" is finished?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 bird-man

zaphodbeeb wrote: »
    ...Just a bit confused - looking to be certain !

John,
    I'm interested to know the answer to this question too i.e. for TV's with an integrated digital tuner supplied by Richer Sounds to the south, will they always have an MPEG4 tuner?

I'm waiting for a 40W4000 so when you get some spare stock, pls let us know. While Sony are a trusted brand and this tv gets great reviews, I have heard that Sony tuner's are only average which is my one worry. What's your experience? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

Big thanks to John McDonald and all the crew at Richersounds. Received my Pani 42PZ81B, great TV would recommend to all!!!!! :)

Great service from Richersounds, again would recommend to all!!!!! :)

John, just to follow up on bird-man's post.. any sign of the 40W4000 hitting these shores.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭mikew1985

GadgetGeek wrote: »
    Big thanks to John McDonald and all the crew at Richersounds. Received my Pani 42PZ81B, great TV would recommend to all!!!!! :)

Great service from Richersounds, again would recommend to all!!!!! :)

Oooh, I'm very interested in this TV. Gadget, how much was it I can't seem to find it on either RS website?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pahadia

Hi John,
    I would like to buy these two
    Samsung LE40A686
    Samsung BDP1500

I am based in Dublin. So could you quote me the price and availability date please.

Regrds

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭GadgetGeek

mikew1985 wrote: »
    Oooh, I'm very interested in this TV. Gadget, how much was it I can't seem to find it on either RS website?

Cheers
    980 stg delivered just give them a call (John or Ursula) I'm sure they can sort you out.

• Advertisement

Guys,just checkin to see if thereare any further updates. The richersounds.com site now states
    "best info from our man at Sony is week commencing 23/02 before Sony get we see some stock coming through"
    lookin to see if any of these are headin your way.

Apologies Guys, Latest update on richersounds.com site now reads

"We have big orders in on this, but Sony can only deliver a miserly 125 pieces this week (week commencing 23/02), then after that who knows...only the Sony boys and they're not telling. Still, expect the 125 to hit stores soon, get your orders in! "

Can you confirm if any of these are destined for the store and when you think they'll be docking.

Still waiting patiently, Boycie

• Registered Users Posts: 12 mcqsusan

Do you stock the samsung LE786 40 or 46 inch? These are the best I've seen around (in my uneducated opinion), But I've never seen a Pioneer LCD in the flesh. Are they just as good? Or maybe better than the samsung?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Razorkai.

Dave here from Richer Sounds. Can I also add a comment that we have had problems with this particular TV with back light bleeding and large areas of white appearing through the panel. There are lots of people talking about it on other sites and we had to return a few to Panasonic with the same issue.

It may be one you want to look into before you shed the cash.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 21 patryan2

Some shops are telling me that the Sony RDR-HXD890 DVD/HDD is out of stock but that they will have it in a few weeks. Others are telling me that it has been discontinued and that a new model will be launched in a few weeks. Can anyone tell me which of them are correct? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Mark#1

John / Dave,

Will you be getting stock again of the Samsung PS50A457? Very interested in this TV.

I know you have a similarly-priced LG equivalent, but I'd prefer this Sammy if you can get me one.

Thanks,

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smartbodydublin

Hello guys,

I use a Panny ax100 pj for dvds myself, but girl friend has a fantastic Samsung 42' lcd series 5 tv with a very vibrant and 3D like image.

I'm really interested in the Panasonic Plasma TH-50PZ, which I understand from another memeber here is the same as the Irish version TH-50PY in that both have analouge tuners for there countries of sale, but otherwise are identical.

Anyway advice on the image quality as compared to the set I mentioned? I know this Panny is one of latest plasma panels in it's band, and is ment to be very good, but I can't see it set up anywhere to assess it.

I'd be watching from about 4 meters away and playing the odd game for maybe 2 to 4 hours.

Any advice well. Richer Sounds has best deal, and although I do get what little AV I now purchase from the UK or further afield, I am not inclined to pull a big TV accross the water so would look to upnorth. I was unaware of RS prices untill I stumbled apon a satisfied customer of theirs on another thread.

I had bought several items from them when they had a shop in Dublin many moons ago.

Don't I know you? ;)

For reviews on the 50PZ80, I tried looking for reviews of the 46" & 42" versions as well - I'm sure they're at least relevant, if not applicable.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2008/06/18/Panasonic-Viera-TH-46PZ80-46in-Plasma-TV/p1

http://www.trustedreviews.com/tvs/review/2008/07/28/Panasonic-Viera-TH-42PZ80-42in-Plasma-TV/p1

http://www.avforums.com/reviews/Panasonic-TH-46PZ80-Plasma-TV-Review.html

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/panasonic-th42pz80b-review-20080514109.htm

For my own part, I've only had my 50PZ80 a month or so, and I'm delighted with it. Standard def pic from my SilverCrest SL65 free satellite tuner is crud, but then it is connected to the TV by SCART for now.

DVDs on my Pioneer DV-410 1080p upscaling DVD player look much better. Sound from the TV isn't great on its own, but I'm using a Pioneer VSX-818 AVR with Yamaha NSP-110 5.1 speaker set and I'm quite happy.

I'm currently watching from 7 metres away and I have no problem at all with that distance. Enthusiasts will scoff, but in the real world (or at least, in my real world), sitting 7m from a 50" TV is more than adequate.

Haven't played around much with it the TV, but first impressions are promising. I haven't played any games on it yet, despite buying a new XBox 360 Elite along with Dead Space, Halo 3 & Mass Effect last week - I don't want to tempt the IR gremilns into action till the TV's had a good bit of varied use.

This is not an RS plug - I mean this honestly - I have OCD and am utterly anal when I take an interest in anything. When I started looking at AV stuff back in June 2008, I knew SFA. I registered on avforums.com (great AV forum) and started asking questions, as well as on boards.ie. I went from comparing UK prices to Irish prices, to deciding to buy from various UK sellers, shortlisting a few UK sellers that would ship to Dublin, but arrived at buying all my stuff from RS, with the exception of my cables, which I got from tvcables.co.uk & Mainscourt Electrical in Swords.

So far, I don't think RS can be beat.

Welcome to boards.ie,

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smartbodydublin

Hiya Mark, yep it's me.

Good to hear it's you. I joined AVforums, and the USA version AVSforums before gettinng a Panny AX100, found both forums very helpful and great to read.

Glad to hear your happy with new set. The placement of any new 50inch would be in present spot above a logged up fireplace. Viewing distance is about 4.5 meters! Current set is a Samsung LCD series 5 I think, and it does have an excellend SD performance especially on really good dvd SD feeds from well transferred films.

I look at a 106' screen from about 7meters, the pj up converts to 720 and it's a superb picture usually depending on source quality of course.

Sent John Mc an email on cost to deliver a Panny to me.

Am thinking may need a wall bracket as gf isnt 100% sure if current one for 42' is speced for the weight of this 38kg (i think) set.

Also it would need to be slightly angled down because of nearer viewing angle maybe, so will have to decide if downward swivel action is required...oh my...ha ha.

Thanks again pal for reorientating me to the lesss mercenary retailers on our little island.

I would have moved on a local Panny th50py80 but the 5 year guarantee from panny was pulled in january according to a call I got today from Alliance shop. Nice people who know their stuff. I wouldn't touch any of these tvs without easy recourse to a fix over at least 5 years. I simply wouldn't have the money to fix it or replace it. Labour and board can easily run to a few ton or much more.

I would have went for powercity dearl, e200 only gets you 2 years bringing it a max of 3. In fairness this is mirrored in most major UK retailers as well, except for RS, who have a great 5 year extension as 10% of cost of tv.

GF went to look at SD on this set in some local shops her way. She choose her own set, and it does have superb pic, so she what she thinks of this. I told her to stand back as far as she sits at home, as she'l be viewing just SD feeds and not seeing the panal at it's optimum. It will get mostly SD feeds, so does have to perform in that area quite well.

Anyways, see what RS has to say to me.

ta..

pat

• Advertisement

Hiya Mark, yep it's me.

Good to hear it's you. I joined AVforums, and the USA version AVSforums before gettinng a Panny AX100, found both forums very helpful and great to read.

Glad to hear your happy with new set. The placement of any new 50inch would be in present spot above a logged up fireplace. Viewing distance is about 4.5 meters! Current set is a Samsung LCD series 5 I think, and it does have an excellend SD performance especially on really good dvd SD feeds from well transferred films.

I look at a 106' screen from about 7meters, the pj up converts to 720 and it's a superb picture usually depending on source quality of course.

Sent John Mc an email on cost to deliver a Panny to me.

Am thinking may need a wall bracket as gf isnt 100% sure if current one for 42' is speced for the weight of this 38kg (i think) set.

Also it would need to be slightly angled down because of nearer viewing angle maybe, so will have to decide if downward swivel action is required...oh my...ha ha.

Thanks again pal for reorientating me to the lesss mercenary retailers on our little island.

I would have moved on a local Panny th50py80 but the 5 year guarantee from panny was pulled in january according to a call I got today from Alliance shop. Nice people who know their stuff. I wouldn't touch any of these tvs without easy recourse to a fix over at least 5 years. I simply wouldn't have the money to fix it or replace it. Labour and board can easily run to a few ton or much more.

I would have went for powercity dearl, e200 only gets you 2 years bringing it a max of 3. In fairness this is mirrored in most major UK retailers as well, except for RS, who have a great 5 year extension as 10% of cost of tv.

GF went to look at SD on this set in some local shops her way. She choose her own set, and it does have superb pic, so she what she thinks of this. I told her to stand back as far as she sits at home, as she'l be viewing just SD feeds and not seeing the panal at it's optimum. It will get mostly SD feeds, so does have to perform in that area quite well.

Anyways, see what RS has to say to me.

ta..

pat

The guys in RS will put you right on a bracket. Mine was €65 and supposedly for 37" TVs, but can hold over 60kgs.

Mark

This discussion has been closed.