Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Do i Make My Own Website

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

What affilliate sites would get the best traffic. like what products

You get the traffic, you then send some of that traffic to products / services you are an affiliate for.

You are the marketer for the products or services thats why they pay you per click / sale.

If you have a site that says in flashing neon "This only exists in order to shill" you are going the wrong way about it from the beginning.

If you are going down the blog route, pick something you are actually interested in, write passionately and plenty about it, post on forums giving help / advice / information about your area of interest with a link to your blog in your sig.

If you are truely interested in golf for example, write honestly about your experiences and opinion so that you build up trust and a rapore with your readership. Then you can direct them toward products that you actually use / recommend; books on amazon, clubs, accessories etc.

If you think you can set up a blog, and just pimp product after random product you are way off the mark.

There are professsional affiliate marketers out there that roll out sites to match affiliate programs but they buy aged domains and the pay copy writers, advertise etc.

All in all, it is hard work, your competition is everywhere any can find you in a second.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭the lil man

alright thx alot:D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 IdentityCrisiz

Webmonkey wrote: »
    You could always pull a stunt like http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ ;)

Here you go, this domain name is available:
    paddysmilliondollarhomepage.com :D

...remember me when you make your first 99.99!!

chakotha wrote: »
    If you've no design skills but want to get going quickly you could have a look at something like DevHub.

I only came across it this morning (and saw the word affiliates) so can't vouch for it.

It is probably best to build your own.

this is a very good website. im building a webpage on it free of charge. when its finisshed il show yous.
    how do you get traffic to your website

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

And do bear in mind what laugh said about content:
    If you have a site that says in flashing neon "This only exists in order to shill" you are going the wrong way about it from the beginning.

If you are going down the blog route, pick something you are actually interested in, write passionately and plenty about it, post on forums giving help / advice / information about your area of interest with a link to your blog in your sig.

If you are truely interested in golf for example, write honestly about your experiences and opinion so that you build up trust and a rapore with your readership. Then you can direct them toward products that you actually use / recommend; books on amazon, clubs, accessories etc.

Use as much of your own original material as possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

how do you get traffic to your website
    Have content on it that people want to read.

Honestly, though, you're asking fundamentally unanswerable questions. It's a bit like asking. "I'm opening a shop, how do I make it a success." There's no step by step guide. You've got to learn about business, marketing, you customers & audience and experiment, make mistakes, fail and figure it out along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭sbhatia

alright thx
    do you know any free domain name sites

Try Godaddy.com.
    it's not free but very cheap and comes with free hosting and web site tonight account for 5 pages website and super easy to make website.
    i did mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 yvonne25

Hi

You could try getting some web design software like adobe or expression web - there are plenty of support tutorials in google books. You could also try some free lance web designers for some advice, there is a guy in Galway who is a free lance web designer you can check here web design

p wrote: »
    Have content on it that people want to read.

Honestly, though, you're asking fundamentally unanswerable questions. It's a bit like asking. "I'm opening a shop, how do I make it a success." There's no step by step guide. You've got to learn about business, marketing, you customers & audience and experiment, make mistakes, fail and figure it out along the way.

ok just seeing if anyone knows any good ways

Advertisement