Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help setting prop bet

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

hotspur wrote: »
    How is the other guy doing? If you are both going to put yourselves through bodily abuse to get to your goals then surely you can call it a draw, which it will be the majority of the time anyway.

It doesn't sound like a great idea if you are going to be playing the IO. I always thought the real goals of these types of prop bets were to motivate the people to lose weight and get healthy. If I were you I would definitely talk to your opponent about where you both stand and what you want to put yourselves through this week.

I dont think 3kgs is going to be that hard to lose in a few days. If i can get close dehydration will get me there. Apparently ricky hatton was 8kgs heavier the sat of his fight than the night before when he weighed in.

It doesnt look like he'll get in, so by me making it i should win the bet.
    Training twice a day between now and then and i should get pretty close anyways.

It doesnt look like im playing the IO. If i was, its definetly something id bear in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

For whats its worth i made the weight.

I was 86.7kgs on thursday evening after a gym session. I had planned not eating that evening, and then gym and sauna if needed that morning before the 10 o clock weigh in, but thankfully i didnt need to. Also the guy i had the bet with was happy for me to weigh in on thurs evening, so a 3 course meal (which i ate very little of!!) and beers ensued.

I went from 90/91kgs to below 87 kgs in 8 days without anything too extreme. I had minimum of one cardio excercise every day over this period. My diet consisted of cereal, soup for lunch and meat for dinner (whether chicken or bolognese sauce (no pasta)). At no stage was i uncomfortably hungry, and by cutting out all sweets/soft drinks chocolate etc this was very do-able over the time period.

If i had of followed any sort of strict diet and fitness regime over the 2 months i would have got over the line alot easier and more comfortable but regardless delighted i got there. If anyone wants to pm me to discuss this further or with any Q's about best ways of doing it, please feel free to, as with a little obedience its very do-able.

Also, fwiw the other guy didnt make the weight, so i won the $$$'s.

Thanks anyone who added anything to the thread!

Advertisement