Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House building costs around the country - Mod warning in first post

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dgs

<SNIP>

Mod edit: Thread to be used for posting prices/estimates only.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,879 ✭✭✭✭muffler

dgs wrote: »
    <SNIP>
    2 weeks ban applied

• Registered Users Posts: 8 February21

This is a great post kyeev, and very helpful to me.
    I am looking to buy a semi-built house and therefore the individual cost breakdown is essential.
    Maybe you could answer a few questions.
    8K electrics - did this cover first and second fixings and extras? seems quite low.
    9.5k plumbing - does this include boiler + radiators? Are you using same boiler for both upstairs (radiators) and downstairs (UFH). Which kind of boiler?
    Plastering - a rough idea of what you spent on plastering? internal/external.
    Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dromardabu

darkstream wrote: »
    Building North Louth, €225,000 inc vat. Dormer 240sqm to A3 BER rating standard. Solid Oak internal doors and staircase, UFH ground floor and radiators 1st floor run with oil. Concrete floors on both levels. Granite window cills, vista therm A rated windows, 6sqm of solar panels. Natural slates, Garage, landscaping to front and rear. Seen builders previous work and is to a very high standard.
    Doesn't include tiling, painting, flooring or kitchen

Can you please PM me the details ...... Sounds promising:)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭kyeev

Yes, that was first and second fix.
    Reason it was good price was he gave me the standard layout for each room and then I started cutting! Saved money by keeping the number of plugs per room to about 2 or 3 doubles, didn't go crazy on two-way or three-way lighting switches. Minimum outdoor lighting etc
    Also, no TV/internet cabling as I got builder to put in plastic piping which let me feed cables in at a later date and/or use wireless.

>> 8K electrics - did this cover first and second fixings and extras? seems quite low.

This included boiler (a c35 firebird ~ eur1700) and rads. Boiler easily runs underfloor, rads and hot water tank. Although I sometimes wish I got the combi boiler which generates hot water on demand. Costs about eur2700 though.

>> 9.5k plumbing - does this include boiler + radiators? Are you using same boiler for both upstairs (radiators) and downstairs (UFH). Which kind of boiler?

Unfortunately, don't know breakdown for plastering as was included in builders price.
    All I know was there was 3 lads and one labourer and it was all completed in 3.5 days. Unbelievably quick and excellent quality.

>> Plastering - a rough idea of what you spent on plastering? internal/external.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 February21

Thanks a millione kyeev. in process of planning and all info is helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bmguinness

very good. can you pm me builders details please. Are you happy with it now?

Advertisement