Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lost 5x01 - "Because You Left" [** Spoilers **]

Options
  • 22-01-2009 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

Airdates:
    21st January (US)
    25th January (RTÉ2)
    25th January (Sky One)

If you are watching this on RTÉ2 or Sky One on Sunday, or you are watching it sooner than that, but haven't watched yet, then hit the back button NOW.... Spoilers ahead - you have been warned.

Sorry guys, couldn't resist. Can't wait for this to start.

Synopsis From TV.com:
    Several of the Oceanic Six survivors come to grips with their need to return to the island... on their own terms.

Rating for 5x01 133 votes

0%
    14%
    jhegartyV9ChongFaithAntiRipStephen PSnake PliskenNeo#BawpshereplostirishgirlthomasjadDouble CRiddler83mailrewopAlso Starring LeVar BurtonKane-N-Nitedaisy123Jimmy1bobRoscoBosco93 19 votes
    24%
    Sir Digby Chicken CaesarAnimakaimeraGoodshapeMr EJTManPsychedelicHal1dead airUnpossibleyom 1DVD-LotsRon DMCHungryJoeyleggosinkMadPatrickSuper SidiousThe GnomeNarcissus 33 votes
    27%
    Das KittyJBoyle4evaBasqDeroSherifuMr.Nice GuyqzSad Professorme-skywalker[Deleted User]Newaglishjohnny_ultimateRavage1616anotherlostieCharliefrinkTragamin2k2bikkiPrufrockMellor 36 votes
    18%
    s8nE@gle.jor elHugh_CPullMyFinger!fjonEKRIUQmonkeyfudgeMatthewVIIdoonothingJ-blktvnutzMick ShrimptonolerasDavei141fobstrishw78Brianb8802ArmaniJeanssNUTZZ 24 votes
    6%
    jArgHAVolvagiaspeedfreakUser45701littlejpRyallerScissorPaperRockCartoon lover 8 votes
    2%
    bazwaldoBaby4DermoMIO 3 votes
    3%
    micksrgillerB0Xgranturismowannabepr 5 votes
    3%
    LinkumuppetkillerTristramphantom_lord 4 votes
    0%
    Duff Man Jr. 1 vote

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that was great. I gave it a 9, it might have deserved a ten but it's 3am and I'm so tired that I can't really remember what happened.

umm.. no, i can't remember a thing. great episode though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,270 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm just going to have to imagine this episode as it seems to be Lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭Talisman

The other half is freaking out that it's not available. All I've been listening to for the last month is "How long until Obama is inaugerated because Lost is back the night after." :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

i can only dl s5e02 no sign of s5eoo or 01 off the major sources, strange, eztv is deadtis up now, would like to get episode 00 before watching tho !

• Registered Users Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭Basq

** averts eyes while moving down the thread to reply **

Cheers for posting the discussion thread Mr E.

I don't know why I thought it was on this evening.

JAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYSUUSSS.. I'm really looking forward to watching this!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Yeah this was a cracker alright, lots of info right from the beginning. Seems Faraday is one of the more important characters. Really enjoyed the shifting through time and seeing the different people. Jin's name was in the credits but no sign (that i remember).

9/10 for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Nice episode alright. Jam-packed when you consider how stale some of them have been with regards to revelations! In saying that there was no real chance to explore things in any great depth (bar Locke's position with regards to time travelling). Nice little cameo from Ethan!

If all the episodes are as filled and demanding as this, it'll make for a pretty challenging season with regards to viewing.

8/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Wreck

As usual, excellent opening episode. Really enjoyed it, lots going on and lots of info being drip fed. Faraday was great again, fantastic character. Can't wait to get home from work to watch episode two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Jimmy1bob

Fantastic episode 10/10..

Loved the insight into the dharma Doctor at the beginning.

Great start to the new season!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Absolutely loved this episode. Gave it 10 because I got so excited about it about 10 minutes in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Narcissus

Really good episode, so great to have Lost back! :)

I liked the record skipping metaphor, and the record at the start skipping was a nice connection.

Interesting to see that Pierre Chang/Marvin Candle/etc has a baby and also passes by a pregnant woman at the barracks. So the complications with pregnant women on the island probably started after that time.

Also, how does Richard know that Jack, Kate and all are back safe? I wonder why John moves to a different place to him and the rest of the others.

Does Kate call Aaron Cooper? Wonder what that's about.

On to the next one now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

who puts knives into a dishwasher like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

First thing I thought when I watched it. Stupid way to end that scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Apapaia wrote: »
    Does Kate call Aaron Cooper? Wonder what that's about.

She's affectionately calling him "Goober".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Well, I was decidedly underwhelmed by that. Not a bad episode, and quite good in fact, but not fantastic.

The opening bits, with the doc filming the introduction video was interesting. Daniel being way back in time with the Dharma crew, also him knocking on Desmond's door, all good stuff.

What causes Sayid to go against Ben, I wonder.

Moving on to episode 2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I didn't like the real time stuff at all, except for Sun's meeting with Widmore. Everytime they left the island I wanted them to go back pronto! It was physicsorama, but still very interesting, and great to see Dharma mid construction at the start (along of course with Daniel's WTF cameo).

Something must be up with Charlotte, presumably linked to her moving in time on an island where she used to live (based on what Myles said to her last year). But I wonder why Richard Alpert doesn't suffer in this way (and interesting to see Nestor Carbonnell still a guest role, I thought he might have moved up this year).

Final observation was that Jin was still in the title credits, with only Harold Perrineau (edit: and Emilie De Ravin) dropping off. Hmmm!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Wow, a lot of people seem to be very impressed with the episode. I was quite underwhelmed, although it was 10am when I watched it and I hadn't slept much. I was in a foul mood for the whole day as well, which didn't help.
    I'll watch it again before voting and hopefully it'll be better this time around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭oshead

This is classic stuff... LOL

Richard Alpert: Next time we see each other, I'm not gonna recognise you, Alright. You give me this.... Alright!
    John Locke: What is it?
    Richard Alpert: It's a compass.
    John Locke: What does it do?
    Richard Alpert: It points north John.....

Man I'm glad Lost is back..... :D

Dave OS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭Talisman

A paranoid hitman obviously. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Just watched it there, gave it a 9... loving the whole idea of Faraday being in the middle of all of this, he's a good character... Ben is still as evil and deceptive as ever!

#2 is 60% cant wait haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,169 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I gave this an 8, and really thought I should of went lower.
    Most people who are giving it 10 are doing so because "Lost is back".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

maybe you should eat more comfort food and you wouldn't need to kill so many people /hurley to sayid

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Very good..

But they're over doing it on the "ZOMG who could it be!?!" moments... they get really tiresome after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Brianb8802

Thats funny, cos my girlfriend always puts the knifes in the dishwasher facing up like that and i always give out to her. Oh we laughed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

/me sighs

patience is a finite thing

3/10

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Brianb8802 wrote: »
    Thats funny, cos my girlfriend always puts the knifes in the dishwasher facing up like that and i always give out to her. Oh we laughed:rolleyes:

If you ever plan on breaking up with her, do it away from the dishwasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

sawyer to charlotte: "shut up ginger or you're gettin one too"

made me laugh and laugh

so happy lost is back!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Watched the episode again. Clearly I was too tired this morning to watch it properly, because it was awesome this time around.
    We got a good few answers and a good few questions, which always seems to work as a good combination for classic telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,049 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Ugh major time travel, I knew it was headed this way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Classic Lost mindf**k but I'm not that impressed by it - it's getting really annoying to keep track of "when" they are at this stage and really, can't see any real answers coming by the very end with next season.

I also don't get why Jack is so eager to go back to the island because Locke told him everyone there would die if he didn't... So? From Jack's perspective, he only spent a few months with these people and the only one he really cares about anyway (Kate) got off the island too... I just don't see the motivation to go back, since all they ever wanted up to now was to get the hell off the island.

As for answers in this episode, what answers? We are still drip-fed stuff: oh look, the Dharma guys could have babies, WTF Farraday moments, etc, but what do we know now - really - that we didn't know last season?

Advertisement