Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WAR between scientists!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Biologists will win for sure after making an alliance with the chemists.

After deploying all of their missiles the physicists would soon realise that all they managed to accomplish was the extinction of all geologists who were out in the stupidly out in the field at the time! All of the worthwhile biologists and chemists were in their underground labs at the time. Having no nuclear missiles or radioactive ores left (that was the geologists job) they are left extremely vulnerable.

The Bio-Chem alliance then send out their first wave of giant genetically modified cockroaches equiped with bullet/laser proof uniforms and chemical brain altering helmets(to ensure obedience)..thankyou chemists.

Before the nuclear launch all computer scientists were taken out by an elite team of part time physicists/Judo yellow belts who were subsequently eliminated by the physicist secret police.

Not too far fetched in my opinion at all:p

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭legologic

Physicists clearly

Nukes, lasers, etc.

They wouldn't need computer scientists as computational physics covers that. They wouldn't need chemists as well... it's a branch of particle physics that deals with the electron. I think Pauli solved chemisty once :P . As for biologists... sure you can create bio toxins etc but try build a bomb to deploy em!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Trance wrote: »
    I believe it's the physicists. We would control all heavy weapons and machinery. We have nukes at our disposal and satellites to spy on our enemies.

Dos attack the **** outta your nukes and send them flying back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Bajingo

Why do physicists get all the nukes? Engineers are the guys who build them and are a lot tougher than physicists and would take them.

Bajingo wrote: »
    Why do physicists get all the nukes? Engineers are the guys who build them and are a lot tougher than physicists and would take them.

An engineer is just an applied physicist, who in turn is just an applied mathematician.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Computer scientists will be the most sought after, most of the high tech labs will have computer security ........
    Computer scientists to form an uneasy alliance with maths/phy you then have a deadly combo of wmds whilst a denial of the best labs to the opposition.
    This should really be made into a game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Ah no, you're forgetting about the best 'scientists' of all....
    Geographers!;)

-> Okay, I'm getting my coat!

Personally, I think Physicists and Mathematicians would still win just for the sheer brilliance of this. So you can keep you VX, Sarin, Botox, Small Pox to yourselves, this thing would obliterate them!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

dfx- wrote: »
    Chemists. One big vat of HF poured over physicists and their pesky instruments & the biologists and computer engineers would see sense and run:cool:

HF rulez :pac:
    HF ruins :pac:

Liquid Fluorine is so much more fun.

But once Iron has a coating for Fluoride it doesn't get attacked further so it's not the universal solvent you'd think it was. I had some universal solvent at home but the bottle leaked :(

War hasn't yet killed off as many as Smallpox Or Malaria, or possibly even Flu.
    and because the agents are self replicating logistics is not a problem.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000596.htm
    Certain forms of the plague can be spread from human to human. When someone with pneumonic plague coughs, microscopic droplets carrying the infection move through the air. Anyone who breathes in these particles may catch the disease.
    Almost all people with pneumonic plague die if not treated. Treatment reduces the death rate to 50%.
    A vaccination is available for high-risk workers, but its effectiveness is not clearly established.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

my money is on the engineers tbh..

*edit
    except civil engineers, those guys only ever build targets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

"Computer scientists"
    Theres an oxymoron if ever I heard one.
    And the physicists would kick ass all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭clartharlear

An engineer is just an applied physicist, who in turn is just an applied mathematician.:pac:
    purity.png

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

The economists/accountants/financial guys would win.

The scavengers and parasites always survive to feed upon the rest!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I wanna change my vote. I originally said Biologists cause they could engineer a virus, but after reviewing all 3 terminator movies, the computer scientists would clearly have the upper hand...

downside being, after the war was over, the artificial intelligence would simply take over and the obese immobile warcraft addicted computer scientists would be helpless against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

math dudes, they have default mastery over physics and computer science if the whim takes them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

History has shown that nothing quite wipes out an entire population like a good germ.

Biologists win.

Advertisement