Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moon Landing Hoax

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

he raises some fair points Humanji

However I will raise another point
    BACKSEATMODDIN

theres no need to cluter up FeedBack when a simple PM to Me or Bonkey or Miju is all that is required.

as for Aye Mateys validly raised points, I will be looking into them in more detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭WhaLofShi

Regarding Solar Winds.

This is from Wikipedia

The solar wind is a stream of charged particles—a plasma—ejected from the upper atmosphere of the sun. It consists mostly of electrons and protons with energies of about 1 keV. These particles are able to escape the sun's gravity, in part because of the high temperature of the corona, but also because of hi(copied and pasted)gh kinetic energy that particles gain through a process that is not well-understood at this time.

and later (bold is mine)

The Sun's corona, or extended outer layer, is a region of plasma that is heated to over a million Celsius. As a result of thermal collisions, the particles within the inner corona have a range and distribution of speeds described by a Maxwellian distribution. The mean velocity of these particles is about 145 km/s, which is well below the solar escape velocity of 618 km/s. However, a few of the particles will achieve energies sufficient to reach the terminal velocity of 400 km/s, allowing them to feed the solar wind.

I think if a solar wind blew across the moon then we wouldn't be talking about whether or not the flag moved, we'd be talking about would it be possible to get those men, that buggy, the lander, the golf clubs and ball - and the flag, back to earth, given that they'd be somewhere near Alpha Centauri now.

Disclaimer: As light travels at about 300,000 km/s (about 1,000,000,000 km/h)and Aplha Centauri is about 4.5 light years away, (about 40,000,000,000,000 km away) I can't be arsed to figure out if the answer to the problem I entered into the caluclator is days, weeks, months or years, so please assume that the distance they may have travelled has not been verified, and I don't know if they would actually be anywhere near Alpha Centauri now. In fact, I don't even know if they would have been blown in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

WhaLofShi wrote: »
    I think if a solar wind blew across the moon then we wouldn't be talking about whether or not the flag moved, we'd be talking about would it be possible to get those men, that buggy, the lander, the golf clubs and ball - and the flag, back to earth, given that they'd be somewhere near Alpha Centauri now.

The solars winds don't have enough mass to blow you to Alpha Centauri. Its made up of ultra light particles and radiation. There are talks of solar sails, which are huge sails that can capture the energy and turn it into motion. They have a huge area and low weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Aye Matey!

BACKSEATMODDIN

Duly noted. Going foward I'll rely on PM. Thanks for taking the items on board though.

The solars winds don't have enough mass to blow you to Alpha Centauri. Its made up of ultra light particles and radiation. There are talks of solar sails, which are huge sails that can capture the energy and turn it into motion. They have a huge area and low weight.

Good point. Maybe if the one of the boys had stood on each side of the flag and held on they could have reached .... oh I dunno, Jupiter? ;)

• Advertisement

WhaLofShi wrote: »
    Good point. Maybe if the one of the boys had stood on each side of the flag and held on they could have reached .... oh I dunno, Jupiter? ;)

Yep, Jupiter

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Does the fact that the flag moves just before he passes it mean anything? My logic says that it would move after it, but is it possible for displaced air to move the flag as he's passing it (I haven't a clue about physics, so I've no idea if that makes sense or not. Sorry!).

And I still don't get the first video. What the narrator and the text are saying seems to be unconnected to what's shown and the guy seems to keep talking in circles. What is being implied by it? Is it that the whole thing is on a set and they were rehersing it? It just looks to me like they were rehersing, not in a sinister Capricorn One way, but more like when they broadcast to the public they want it too look right.

This CT was put to bed years ago. And here's one word that pretty much proves it.

MIRRORS

lrcubed1_med.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

If they were smart they'd of spray painted "Neil + Buzz BEST BUDS 4 EVR" on a rock as proof and also to rub it in even more for poor Michael Collins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

google indian moon survey and you will see that the Indians have a satellite in orbit around the moon and are currently imaging the moon surface and guess what ? they have sites of the moon landings with someone was there

why bother faking the journey/landing?

if you don't belive in the moon landings what else don't you belive in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,388 ✭✭✭Kernel

amen wrote: »
    google indian moon survey and you will see that the Indians have a satellite in orbit around the moon and are currently imaging the moon surface and guess what ? they have sites of the moon landings with someone was there

I did as you suggested, but didn't find this. Can you link direct please?

You don't see a reason to bother faking it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

HOLYSH1T!!!! Check out this video, its secret NASA footage, you won't believe what took place during the moon landings. I fear for my safety now. This info will change the world forever

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=_ecBbSIdBKI

if you don't belive in the moon landings what else don't you belive in?

While I don't believe it was a hoax, the Indian probe hasn't imaged any previous landing sites. They sent an Indian flag onto the surface and have started their scans to map the surface, but I haven't seen any Apollo sites. I wouldnt read too much into that either, the size of the sites compared to the surface of the Moon is tiny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭espinolman

I think they did go to the moon , and that extraterrsestrial technology was utilised in getting through the van allen belts , or else they went in an extraterrestrial spacecraft and the reason for the cover up is because this extraterrestrial technology is something to do with free energy .

espinolman wrote: »
    I think they did go to the moon , and that extraterrsestrial technology was utilised in getting through the van allen belts , or else they went in an extraterrestrial spacecraft and the reason for the cover up is because this extraterrestrial technology is something to do with free energy .

or they went in the ship that they built at NASA.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Sure they had to fake it cause the germans have been up there for fifty years, apparently.....http://think-aboutit.com/Moon/half_a_century_of_the_german_moo.htm
    :rolleyes:

to be honest what advantage would there really be of faking the landings?

Sure they had to fake it cause the germans have been up there for fifty years, apparently.....http://think-aboutit.com/Moon/half_a_century_of_the_german_moo.htm

Id vote for best screenplay.

to be honest what advantage would there really be of faking the landings?

You're the second person to ask this in this thread. Don't you understand the space race?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Kernel wrote: »
    You're the second person to ask this in this thread. Don't you understand the space race?

The Russians weren't interested in going to the moon. They had no plans to go to the moon. There was no race.

or they went in the ship that they built at NASA.
    Yes ,that is what i mean , the extraterrestrial technology may have been built into the apollo spacecraft .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Apologies, must have missed the first one when reading through the thread...
    and yes I've a fair understanding of the "space race" - was just pondering would have it been disastrous if the Americans didn't make it?

bonkey wrote: »
    The Russians weren't interested in going to the moon. They had no plans to go to the moon. There was no race.

Really? Then somebody should inform the history book writers, and the authors of those books on the Space Race, and the gemini/apollo missions....
    and yes I've a fair understanding of the "space race" - was just pondering would have it been disastrous if the Americans didn't make it?

It would have been disastrous politically, since the USSR put the first man into orbit, among other milestones. Then JFK committed the US to putting a man on the moon before the end of the 1960's, and pumped cash into the project. Also, 3 astronauts died testing apollo 1, which would not have looked too good if the yanks failed the mission. The US had to prove the superiority of it's capitalist ways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

T'was them Alien bastards.

Is this the real moon landing footage in 1969 !
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWkGTJEK0Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

first, steadicam, this is impossible considering that they had hand held cams
    second, the surface looks rather like grass
    third, the footage is deliberately fooked up to hide any clues
    fourth, the astronauts space suits do not match those of the lunar landing
    fifth, the buildings have no remnants of airlocks
    sixth, the astronauts appear to be walking, considering that walking on the moon is very difficult and that they prefer to jump this showcases how the video is a fake.

I have spent a few hours watching videos about the apolla moon landings on utube and this is the most interesting i have seen yet:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dUIW-HugKI

google : operation moon blink

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Really? Then somebody should inform the history book writers, and the authors of those books on the Space Race, and the gemini/apollo missions....

They'd the same people who insist the Americans went to the moon, right?

So, on one hand, we're supposed to believe that all of this recounting of history is a lie, because the Americans faked their side. On the other hand, the very same people tell us that the Russians also had a moon program and we're supposed to believe them that this is true.

How do we get to this pick-and-choose version of history?

My suggestion hinted that the "lie" in history is that both sides tried getting there at all - that the notion that the Russians were also trying is a fabrication, and that the Americans created this fabrication in order to justify their own program.

This suggestion (correctly) invites immediate dismissal and scorn. After all, why would the Russians play along with such a lie? There is also evidence that they had a program.

On the other hand, suggesting that the Americans faked it apparently shouldn't invite dismissal and scorn, despite the fact that it requires the same retellers of history to be lying, it requires the Russians to play along with the lie, there is evidence that the Americans went to the moon and it requires a whole slew more players to also be lying rather than telling the truth.

T'was them Alien bastards.

they suck your brain out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Did any of you actually watch the flag video I posted? It was completely still until the astronaut went past it. Nobody was touching it. It then moved exactly as you'd expect had his air caused it.

How do you know that the astronaut did not brush against it, since he is bewtween the flag and the camera, you would not see it.

Also if one was spending all this money to fake the landing, would they not check the footage for obvious things like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

bonkey wrote: »

They have, but gave up once the american beat them to it..

Advertisement