Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

A nice bit of classic style metal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Thought you might enjoy them ;)

How goes it lately, folks? Haven't really been active here lately, was over on other forums here talking about gaming stuff and the Steam sale. I am a damned happy bunny after that sale, got some awesome games :D

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Returning to normality after wedding and honeymoon! Busy enough in work and getting back into training because I've got an Olympic distance tri in six and a half weeks time :eek:

Just got my Apocalyptica tickets too :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Awesome to hear RK! When/where are Apocalyptica playing?

London in November, Shepherd's Bush Empire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I'm heading up to Dublin for the Mastodon gig on Friday and just wondering could the good people of this forum recommend any good craft beer bars around the Olympia to check out? I know there seems to be a lot of them around there, but I'm just wondering which are the best to check out.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

I'm heading up to Dublin for the Mastodon gig on Friday and just wondering could the good people of this forum recommend any good craft beer bars around the Olympia to check out? I know there seems to be a lot of them around there, but I'm just wondering which are the best to check out.
    Bull and castle is right next door and a fine bar, few different taps on rotation

Against the Grain or Black Sheep have a better selection but a bit more of a walk away.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,144 ✭✭✭Passenger

Might have a few crafty brews before Diamond Head in Fibbers tomorrow. Anybody else stalling along?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Will be checking out Diamond Head in Fibbers tomorrow night, even though Am I Evil is their only song i know..

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Completely off topic here :pac:

Found this video today and couldn't help but notice the bass line at the start :eek: Slash was off his t!ts as per but it's like he's just programmed to play (maybe luck). The bass line was madly out of time and key, pure cringe moment haha Starts about 2:04!

Anyhow, If that happened live today - you would be absolutely ridiculed!

I'm not sure if any of that made sense, could be a dougal moment :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sounds in time & key to me, everyone in GN'R at that time were out of their heads on either drugs or booze, Axl being the exception.

Psyched for the Mastodon gig tonight. Also have tickets to see them again tomorrow night. Good times ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Looking forward to Mastodon this evening; has been a tough week in work >_<;;

How is everyone getting on?? Feels like I've not popped in here in an age :o

Looking forward to the weekend! Quiet one this weekend, we have a busy July ahead. Summer is about to hit hard here too - supposed to hit 30 next week :eek:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

LSummer is about to hit hard here too - supposed to hit 30 next week :eek:

Wet and mild here =/

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Will it be 30 with sunshine or 30 with cloudy, humid sticky icky?? >.<

30 in London is always sticky icky no matter how sunny it is!

We're off to Paris on the 4th for an athletics meeting and it's even hotter there next week (36c on Wednesday) :eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Enjoy Mastodon tonight everyone who's goin seeing them Sunday myself...AC/DC on Wednesday happy days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Fairly feckin excited for Mastodon tomorrow now myself. I imagine Fred's will be doing mad business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,349 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Will be checking out Diamond Head in Fibbers tomorrow night, even though Am I Evil is their only song i know..

Helpless? It's Electric? Enjoy I'm sure it's well underway now :D

• Advertisement

Really enjoyed Mastodon last night. Great to hear the Czar and Emerald at the end. Must try and get self in some sort of decent shape for tonight's gig now.

BTW if anyone is heading to the Cork gig tonight and looking for something a bit different to do before hand, there is a homebrew expo in the Fransican Well from 2 - 6pm. There'll be loads of free samples.

It was fucccking unreal, right?

Best atmosphere at a gig in a long time. Security men in the pit :D:D

It was fucccking unreal, right?

Best atmosphere at a gig in a long time. Security men in the pit :D:D

Brilliant gig. Great atmosphere in there and and a great venue. Shame it isn't used for gigs like that more often.

Band seemed well up for the gig as well. Definitely a better gig than the Dublin one the night before.

Brilliant gig. Great atmosphere in there and and a great venue. Shame it isn't used for gigs like that more often.

Band seemed well up for the gig as well. Definitely a better gig than the Dublin one the night before.

Sure Brent said at one point, "Dublin better step up their game".

I didn't see anyone acting the maggot either, everyone was just excited.

Diamond Head were fantastic in Fibbers. Support bands were superb too.

Has anybody heard anything about this new Metal venue in Dublin, On The Rox?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

No I haven't. Where's it supposed to be do you know?

It's upstairs in The Voodoo Lounge. Opening night is next Sat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Cool, I may give it a gander some time when I'm up in Dubbyland.

The Carcass/Obituary/Napalm Death show announced recently, I saw Relapse Records talking about it on facebook but they don't have ND listed for the Dublin show. To be honest, if ND aren't playing, I'm not going cause 43 euro is a bit much for me when the only band I'd really want to see would be Carcass then.

Angron wrote: »
    The Carcass/Obituary/Napalm Death show announced recently, I saw Relapse Records talking about it on facebook but they don't have ND listed for the Dublin show. To be honest, if ND aren't playing, I'm not going cause 43 euro is a bit much for me when the only band I'd really want to see would be Carcass then.

Plus it's on a Monday night and it's in The Olympia. But €43 is decent for the high profile lineup tbh. The only band I really want to see from that lineup that I haven't yet seen is Voivod.

• Advertisement

Yeah, 43 would be fine if ND are there. If they aren't, it's just not really worth it for me. I like Obituary well enough, but I wouldn't be a massive fan, and I don't listen to the other two really, so this is very much down to whether or not ND are there.

I've asked on the DME event page anyway, so I guess I'll have to wait and see.

Advertisement