Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For those about to chat...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Absolutely :). A good a time as any :D

Tis quiet in here today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

'Tis. How are you, Rei? I'm making a Chilli Con Carne. Man, it's hot. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hey Reiketsu, Passenger ;)

Bleh, I was supposed to be studying today, but just haven't had the concentration :( slurping a big mug of coffee now before heading for class, hoping I stay alert.

Also been flabberghasted to see that someone's threatened to shoot up a school if Anita Sarkeesian was allowed to speak. ****ing hell

Passenger wrote: »
    'Tis. How are you, Rei? I'm making a Chilli Con Carne. Man, it's hot. :D

Not too bad thanks :D. I just had chicken with a blue cheese and chili sauce...could have done with more chilies :P.

Aw Links, I blame the shorter days for how tired I am but its still my favourite time of year :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

This is the longest week ever. Dreaming of the weekend, and the pints that await.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

I have no money for pints :(. It'll be a boring weekend at home on my lonesome for me!

This is the longest week ever. Dreaming of the weekend, and the pints that await.

What kind of pints are you dreaming of?

What kind of pints are you dreaming of?

Crafty ones! Will probably head Against the Grain and see what they have on tap.

Crafty ones! Will probably head Against the Grain and see what they have on tap.

Aye, good man yourself. Must drop in there myself. Had Cutthroat Porter on tap and Buried At Sea on Cask last time I was there.

• Advertisement

local should have some pumpkin ale in soon, I'm kinda looking forward to that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Dying for the weekend!

I may head to the RDS for Damnation lark, but one thing I do know is there will be vodka involved!!

I'm working on a French book and it's the one language that just annoys me >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

I need to try more craft beer, was in JW Sweetman's the other day and they had a good few on tap, felt tempted, but went with a plain old pint of Heineken instead :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The radio station my flatmate listens to just went from The Beegees and Staying Alive to Metallica and Nothing Else Matters.

Maye83 wrote: »
    I need to try more craft beer, was in JW Sweetman's the other day and they had a good few on tap, felt tempted, but went with a plain old pint of Heineken instead :rolleyes:.

Just jump in I say, I started off by picking the ones with the coolest labels :pac:

Free weekend on Payday 2: http://store.steampowered.com/agecheck/app/218620/

If any of you guys fancy playing :D

Just jump in I say, I started off by picking the ones with the coolest labels :pac:

Good advice, I'll probably adopt that approach :D.

A lot of craft brews have some catchy names as well so that might also be a way to go too. ;) Just go in and ask the barman for the most ridiculous sounding beer available. He'll probably suggest Dogfish Head Snowblower Ale or something. :D Yes it's actually a beer.

A lot of craft brews have some catchy names as well so that might also be a way to go too. ;) Just go in and ask the barman for the most ridiculous sounding beer available. He'll probably suggest Dogfish Head Snowblower Ale or something. :D Yes it's actually a beer.

Tactical Nuclear Penguin ;)

54571.jpg

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

^ Rocket fuel, I think I'll be sticking to my Punk IPA :)

*suddenly has a hankering for pints at Brewdog Camden*

• Advertisement

Ah the Brewdog in Camden, sweet place if you can grab one of the little couches downstairs :D Upstairs is usually too packed.

Maye83! Honestly, when going for craft beer for the first time, don't try and go for something mad. Ease into it. If you're used to drinking lager like Carlsberg or Heineken, maybe try something like a Fischers or other German lager?

Yep Links, your typical type of lagers is my usual, Miller, Stella, Carlsberg, Heineken, Tuborg, Carling and the like, and then sometimes I'd have a pint of Guinness. I want to branch out though, had a couple of Hoegaardens in The Gypsy Rose recently and thought it was very nice.

The only German lagers I've had were during time in Berlin, but I'll have a look into what's available here. I'll try a Fischers if I see it :D.

Ah Hoegaarden was my gateway drink way back when :pac:

Tell you what, if you like Guinness, then you could always try some of the Porterhouse's brews, like the Plain Porter, Wrastlers Stout, Oyster Stout or my personal favourite, their Chocolate Truffle Stout :D They're the same consistency as Guinness.

Porterhouse Plain is lovely, good old fashioned stout.

I adore the chocolate truffle stout, it's one of the only chocolate flavoured beers that I can honestly say tastes properly like chocolate, it's lush

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Aye Porterhouse's chocolate stout is the nectar of the gods. Now that I have a job again I should be able to afford a few pints of it :D

I cought up on some study at last :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Wrassler's is great. But the Chocolate Stout is simply superb. The bastards charged more for it in Cork than they did in Dublin though.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Maye83 wrote: »
    Yep Links, your typical type of lagers is my usual, Miller, Stella, Carlsberg, Heineken, Tuborg, Carling and the like, and then sometimes I'd have a pint of Guinness. I want to branch out though, had a couple of Hoegaardens in The Gypsy Rose recently and thought it was very nice.

If you like Hoegaarden, try other Belgian wits, possibly try Blue Moon, and definitely try German weissbiers. Erdinger is the easy/predictable one, nice if you can get the proper glasses for it too. My OH is a huge fan of the Franciscan Well Friar Weisse.

Much more of an IPA girl myself, beers like Sierra Nevada and Metalman were the gateway drug there. Actually had quite a nice one (Devil's Backbone) last night as part of the Wetherspoons "craft beer" festival too. :)

• Advertisement

It's brewed in Dublin though, no?

Advertisement