Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 stores of Zavvi bought by HMV

Options
2»

Comments

Not looking good for Sligo,I thought that Sligo would be a good spot for HMV but Zavvi here wasnt taken over.I read that HMV were in negotiations to buy more Zavvi stores but they are UK based shops!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Even Golden Discs are better than Zavvi. The one in Dundrum only stocked mainly new movies on DVD - nothing out of the ordinary. Their CD section was abysmal - the same big names clogging up the shelves. Never bought anything there that couldn't be got from the other stores. Bring back Our Price :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Zavvi? Never heard of it but then I'm not very savvy - badum tisch :D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭stevek21

Nolanger wrote: »
    Bring back Our Price :p.

You know that Virgin megastores owned Our Price, right? Same way HMV now owns Fopp in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

Got some deaaaadly deals in Zavvi dundrum. They were basically handing stock out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

In fairness Zavvi just turned the shops green and hired the prices...but still used Virgin bags!!:rolleyes:well the one in the Crescent did anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Firefox10

In fairness Zavvi just turned the shops green and hired the prices...but still used Virgin bags!!:rolleyes:well the one in the Crescent did anyway!!

To be honest, im never buying anything in these stores anymore anyway...anything i want i buy i get it off the web from now on.

Advertisement