Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C&H sex discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

Jhcx wrote: »
    I dont think its overrated. ive developed stronger relationships from being intimate. ive been connected . we've shared eachother. To some sex is in and boring as fck. others like to make it more personal by trying different things messing with eachother, pushing eachothers boundaries.

You sir, are spot on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

HugsiePie wrote: »
    If sex is about feeling a deeper connection (giggity) why have a fwb/f.buddy relationship? Heck why even have 1 night stands?

Because you learn. Remember when you were a Virgin and you were scared as fck. First time pain, what would it feel like. It's like that in relationships. You want to be prepared. Trying something with an fwb you'll be able to show of on your bf/gf. Everyone is different but you learn a lot about yourself. How deep you can go how slow fast to go. What position suits you best how does your body cope. How long can you last. There's always something in sex. Whether it be to make a relationship connection or to experiment, learn and have fun. I think sex is needed as part of a healthy lifestyle. Releases so much not to mention all the exercise out of it.

If sex is about feeling a deeper connection (giggity) why have a fwb/f.buddy relationship? Heck why even have 1 night stands?

Not my field of expertise. :pac:

Not something I've ever had or even really wanted. But that's just me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I don't know that it always is really; about a deeper connection I mean.
    Relationships ask an awful lot of you emotionally and they make you pretty vulnerable.
    For the emotionally underdeveloped among us (I.e me) this can seem a pretty daunting prospect. But even those who aren't able for an emotional commitment need the ride now and then. Casual sex, one night stands, Fwbs, it's fun, really really fun. You talk you laugh you banter and there's no real deeper goal or meaning other than dopamine release.
    While there is a certain amount of intimacy Involved( your spend hours conjoined at the hip, how could it not be intimate) I don't think it's an emotional intimacy.

As for what jhcx said about practice. If your in a relationship your going to be getting plenty of practice as is surely? Even if one partner isn't very good you adapt to and learn each others desires as the relationship progresses. Surely any sex your having before entering a relationship should be viewed with a "fcuk yeah I'm having sex!" Attitude rather than as a learning experience". Theres no one right way of doing it that your going to master,everyone's different just enjoy it and take it as it comes

As for what jhcx said about practice. If your in a relationship your going to be getting plenty of practice as is surely? Even if one partner isn't very good you adapt to and learn each others desires as the relationship progresses. Surely any sex your having before entering a relationship should be viewed with a "fcuk yeah I'm having sex!" Attitude rather than as a learning experience". Theres no one right way of doing it that your going to master,everyone's different just enjoy it and take it as it comes

Ya I agree just having sex is awesome. But my instances I'm pretty scared I don't want to seem like I don't know what I'm doing that's just a mental thing. For example I have been outta action for 5 months, till recently got asked and I wasn't prepared wanted to meet up on the Saturday. Then one night was out on Friday and got offered so I jumped in was back on top. Then the Saturday was able to give the person who too had been outta action for almost a year great fun because I had learned new positions night before. So ya while I had fun I also got rid of feeling like a Virgin and learned new techniques.

• Advertisement

Ya I agree just having sex is awesome. But my instances I'm pretty scared I don't want to seem like I don't know what I'm doing that's just a mental thing. For example I have been outta action for 5 months, till recently got asked and I wasn't prepared wanted to meet up on the Saturday. Then one night was out on Friday and got offered so I jumped in was back on top. Then the Saturday was able to give the person who too had been outta action for almost a year great fun because I had learned new positions night before. So ya while I had fun I also got rid of feeling like a Virgin and learned new techniques.
    in my experience it's not so much how many positions you know more so how much of the workload your willing to take on. Or maybe my luck has just been bad all year. They never want to go on top. :/

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Yea but the sweatiness is ewwwy
    /thread

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yea but the sweatiness is ewwwy
    /thread

That just means you're doing it right..

pajor wrote: »
    That just means you're doing it right..

Iconic.
    When I just change my boards signature to "Does sex right"

Ahh Im too immature to be in this thread..

deise_girl wrote: »
    Iconic.
    When I just change my boards signature to "Does sex right"

I just realised how creepy I sounded. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Have sex in a shower.

That will surely negate the sweat-factor somewhat?

pajor wrote: »
    I just realised how creepy I sounded. :pac:

Just a tad lol
    wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Have sex in a shower.

That will surely negate the sweat-factor somewhat?

Heh, probably...

Dont have sex

Thats how you get Ebola :pac:

There are much more frightening diseases floating round D'Icon on a Thursday. Ebola is the least of our worries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

There are much more frightening diseases floating round D'Icon on a Thursday. Ebola is the least of our worries.

Cooties?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Have sex in a shower.

Best. Mod instruction. EVER.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

You crazy kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Sex = Good

/thread, surely! :P

Ah, tis a complex activity alright. I myself am a fan but it sure does have the ability to break a person...emotionally of course! :cool:

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I guess part of my thing about sex is my last relationship. But I dunno...I reckon I fall somewhere on the asexual spectrum. If I could find a partner who just wanted spooning life would be fantastic.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I guess part of my thing about sex is my last relationship. But I dunno...I reckon I fall somewhere on the asexual spectrum. If I could find a partner who just wanted spooning life would be fantastic.
    spooning is great and all. That is until you start to suffocate on a faceful of hair and your arm goes numb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

spooning is great and all. That is until you start to suffocate on a faceful of hair and your arm goes numb.

Truer words were never spoken.

• Advertisement

Just putting it out there spooing naked is the best leads to more causes of sex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Truer words were never spoken.

I think much truer words have been spoken, tbh. :pac:

Do you guys ask your other half or fwb do they trim or shave. An ex of mine asked me what way I like it and a friend also asked. Personally as a modern lad I trim keep things tidy, Kinda expected. but it never really phased me. Is your appearance even with an fwb important?

Do you guys ask your other half or fwb do they trim or shave. An ex of mine asked me what way I like it and a friend also asked. Personally as a modern lad I trim keep things tidy, Kinda expected. but it never really phased me. Is your appearance even with an fwb important?
    is it expected.? Tried the shaving thing once and the itch that followed put me off ever trying it again. Been with girls who have and girls who havent. Didn't really make a difference to me.

is it expected.? Tried the shaving thing once and the itch that followed put me off ever trying it again. Been with girls who have and girls who havent. Didn't really make a difference to me.

Well I think so maybe not shave but trim. I know few lads who would do it for their other half most go bare because someone of someone said it was the better way. As you said it is fair itchy don't think it's worth it. would of thought would made bit of a difference on friction no skin to skin contact. I've never done it so I wouldn't know but do know skin can feel like rubber when hot

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

Had a discussion with my housemates Tuesday and all three of them are "meh" towards sex and thought I was crazy for actually wishing I had someone to do it with :P

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭LoveLamps

i like sex

only had ons' tho

You know how a baby might have a toy in it's cot and it might only barely play with it. But the second you take that toy it's all they want.

I went for drinks with my ex fwb and her new boyfriend tonight. Can totally relate to those infants now.

Need another fwb. You'll forgot the old toy

• Advertisement

Need another fwb. You'll forgot the old toy
    I dunno really. Maybe after 18 months they're was more emotional involvement than I realised.

Sh1t be confusing.

Advertisement