Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Vet?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 girfunky

I have to say we didn't find that at all. We usually attend Anicare in Blanchardstown but have recently moved and have just been for our first visit today to their vets in Palmerstown. We had a lovely lady vet called Susan and she couldn't have been more helpful!! She absolutley doted over our little Jack Russel and we found her advise very helpful. We had to bring her in to have a rash on her belly checked.
    The consultation fee was €42 & we paid € 18 for her priscription but we were told if we needed to come back it would be a reduced consultation fee.
    Ripped off at the vets... :(
    I felt ripped off at the vet in Palmerstown. We went there last week in order to get our 13yr old dog checked out for his arthritis and incontinence problem. Beforehand we were aware of an allergic rash and a cough he had, for which he is being treated at our local vet. The vet in Palmerstown charged €42 just to tell us he had a cough and rash, but did not further engage with the reasons we had come to see her. In total we paid €100 to get told to come back this week to get his lungs checked. We went there again this week, where she checked his breathing and cough in a consultation that didn’t even last 5 minutes! Again we were charged €90 (again €42 for the consultation) and yet again told to return next week. The reasons we went to see her were completely ignored, althought we mentioned to her several times that the dog is in treatment for the cough and rash. This was the last time we went there. Does anyone else have similar experiences?mad.gif

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055657075

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

anniehoo wrote: »
    Sydney Nagle - Cara Veterinary Hospital
    Unit 233, Blanchardstown corporate Pk, Ballycoolin Dublin 15
    H: W: 8853253/ 8388338 ....nice guy!

Cara Vets in Ballycoolin are fantastic - highly recommend them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Justask

Cara Vets in Ballycoolin are fantastic - highly recommend them!

Great vet if you have that type of money. Very expensive.

Blanchardstown animal Hospital are great, affordable and staff are lovely :)

As for the vet in Palmerstown, they are part of the group annicare and susan was the vet in Blanchardstown untill they opened. She is a fantastic vet and missed in Blanchardstown.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Justask wrote: »
    As for the vet in Palmerstown, they are part of the group annicare and susan was the vet in Blanchardstown untill they opened. She is a fantastic vet and missed in Blanchardstown.

+1
    Susan is a gem!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

odeacl wrote: »
    Anicare are the best IMO in the Dublin 15 area. All the vets there are amazing, I have seen all the vets at this stage and can speak highly of them all, personal fav is Fintan, he is usually located in Blanchardstown, he can never help enough.

Just in reponse to the person who said Micheal was unfriendly and cold, I cant disagree more, you must have caught him on a bad day. When my dog was very ill he used to open up the practice at all hours of the day and night for me to see him and he was extremely kind and caring all the time.....not to mention that he saved my dog!

+1 on this. We go to the botanic surgery and the whole team have been brilliant - especially Mary. I've always found Michael to be really nice - sadly my guy saw him one time he was in pain with his legs and he lifted him up on the table to examine him - that's when he decided Michael wasn't his friend anymore! We usually ask for Mary as he's most comfortable with her but any of the other vets we've seen have been fantastic *. I know of other people who were in the same situation as odeacl and said exactly the same thing about Michael

* I found one of the vets there a bit abrupt/rude but i won't name and shame as I'm not sure if they still work there!

• Advertisement
Advertisement