Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Vet?

Options
  • 14-01-2009 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

hi

can anyone recommend a vet in the Dublin 15 area please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

Phenix wrote: »
    hi

can anyone recommend a vet in the Dublin 15 area please?

I know an amazing vet in Palmerstown if that is any good to you?

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 oreilly21

im from d 15 and i use a really good one in phisboro.

just at the shops there on the old cabra road.

there is also one up in clonsilla. near the spar and Molloys offo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Sydney Nagle - Cara Veterinary Hospital
    Unit 233, Blanchardstown corporate Pk, Ballycoolin Dublin 15
    H: W: 8853253/ 8388338 ....nice guy!

Hillcrest Veterinary Hospital
    Coolmine, Clonsilla, Dublin 15
    H: W: 018213189 /8213868 ...ask for Marina and not Sandra.

Tanis Turley - anicare veterinary group
    2 the mews, blanchardstown village, dublin 15
    H: W: 6409010 ...very professional and friendly!

Personally id recommend the Anicare Vet Group :)...but if you are willing to travel
    Dennis Shannon
    Bull Wall Vet Surgery
    24 Conquer Hill Rd Clontarf
    853 1260 would be top of the list!

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

anniehoo wrote: »
    Personally id recommend the Anicare Vet Group :)

totally agree (except I don't like Michael the head guy but he is a top vet just unfriendly and cold) the rest of the gang there are fab!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Pandora 007

I know two good vets Dublin 12. Any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭Linguo

Hi all,

My first post on boards, was looking for some advice and saw the thread which is very handy cause that's my dogs local vets.

My dog elvis is a great chap but getting on in years and now he needs his bits chopped off cause there's a growth there. He's an old dog although you'd never know it and I just wanted to know had anyone out there had dogs over the age of 10 who had had this operation and been ok?

Thanks

I just signed up too, yes have had dogs all my life, he will be fine, you will not belive how good he will be after op .

That's good to know, I'm very worried about it!

I'm also worried about him being knocked out, and the actual stress for him. He's terrified of the vets and starts to cower if he even walks near their front door!

I hate putting him under stress but I know it's for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Phenix

thanks for all the responces :D. Pandora by any chance is the vets you are talking about in walkinstown area? There is a really good vet there that my family have always brought our dogs to. Maybe i should just stick to who i know :P

Yes they are All care vet, walkinstown roundabout, Pat and Michael, there the best have been with them for years.:)

• Advertisement

yea! Mr Finnegan looks after all our dogs they are great clinic;)

:)If you have a good vet he can give you a tablet for him so he will be calm going into the vets and maybe you can stay with him until he is ready to do the op. Most op. done early in morning so you will pick him up later on that day. Hope all goes well let us know after.

Yes I would use them Pat or Michael, they are great, I got my dog from them she was six weeks old, she passed away 6months ago, old aged. lost without her.

oh no, im so sorry to hear that :(. Its so hard looking a pet. there is a sticky thread here for departed pets if you think it might help?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Gordon Gekko

anniehoo wrote: »
    Tanis Turley - anicare veterinary group
    2 the mews, blanchardstown village, dublin 15
    H: W: 6409010 ...very professional and friendly!

Personally id recommend the Anicare Vet Group :)...

+1 for Tanis and the whole Anicare gang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 odeacl

Anicare are the best IMO in the Dublin 15 area. All the vets there are amazing, I have seen all the vets at this stage and can speak highly of them all, personal fav is Fintan, he is usually located in Blanchardstown, he can never help enough.

Just in reponse to the person who said Micheal was unfriendly and cold, I cant disagree more, you must have caught him on a bad day. When my dog was very ill he used to open up the practice at all hours of the day and night for me to see him and he was extremely kind and caring all the time.....not to mention that he saved my dog!

That's brill to hear my dog will be going there for his op so glad to know everyone there is nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

didnt think you were allowed to give the names of the Vets out.

I know they are not allowed to advertise.

Anyway Its Susan Barry right beside the Aldi in Palmerstown. Modern practice, excellent equipment and an expert in small animals.

Winner of numerous awards too.

Emmo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bquinn39

I've been going to Sydney Nagle in Cara Vet Hospital (used to be the Animal Clinic on the River Road beside the Ashtown Pound) for 10 years or so. I can't speak highly enough of them. Over the years I've dealt with all the vets there. They've been out to my house in the middle of night, and given my 3 dogs such care and love.

Jenny and Rose are exceptionally good, as are all the staff and vets at Cara. I will be going there as long as I have pets. From the time you enter the vets to the time you leave, the attention they give you and your pets is superb. I have recommended many of my friends to Cara Vets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jnolan2

hey i go to cara vet group and Syd is vets name , they are really lovely and helpful, i only moved to area last year and was recommended by my neighbour, went to puppy party to see what it was like and then continued to use them, when you ring ask for jenny the nurse and she will help you with anything you need ...so friendly! lovely crew altogether

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dunne41

Phenix wrote: »
    hi

can anyone recommend a vet in the Dublin 15 are
    Anicare veterinary group are excellant, there`s one in Blanchardstown village, the have other practices around the city so if you can`t get a appointment at this one you can go to another one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Anna88

Has anyone heard of Dr. John Sharpe in the NSPCA clinic in Drumcondra opposite the skylon hotel?? Have heard good things about him but would like more opinions before I take my cat there to be spayed

Thanks x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dunne41

Never used him myself but my friend use to go there with her boxers and she was very happy with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 mrgiggles73

Have to partially disagree with the fans of Anicare vets in Blanch village - the guy "Fintan" is an absolute money grabber and I will charge you through the roof, - the vet nurses are very nice though - currently looking to move my two dogs to another vet in blanchardstown - hopefully they will be more concerned with the animals and less with making money ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Hate to tell you that the other vets in Blanch are even worse money grabbers....and don't have the services to back up their extorionate rates!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

The lady vet in Anicare Blanch is very nice. Can't remember her name at all. I found that place quite good.

went to Anicare a few times but i now go to Cara Veterinary in Ballycoolin Indust estate both vets i saw there are excellent...receptionist Rosie is lovely also :D
    cant recommend them highly enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Lizard Queen

syd in cara is great but there charge a hell of a lot more than other clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Allgäuerin

Ripped off at the vets... :(
    I felt ripped off at the vet in Palmerstown. We went there last week in order to get our 13yr old dog checked out for his arthritis and incontinence problem. Beforehand we were aware of an allergic rash and a cough he had, for which he is being treated at our local vet. The vet in Palmerstown charged €42 just to tell us he had a cough and rash, but did not further engage with the reasons we had come to see her. In total we paid €100 to get told to come back this week to get his lungs checked. We went there again this week, where she checked his breathing and cough in a consultation that didn’t even last 5 minutes! Again we were charged €90 (again €42 for the consultation) and yet again told to return next week. The reasons we went to see her were completely ignored, althought we mentioned to her several times that the dog is in treatment for the cough and rash. This was the last time we went there. Does anyone else have similar experiences?mad.gif

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055657075

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭DS333

Yes I would use them Pat or Michael, they are great, I got my dog from them she was six weeks old, she passed away 6months ago, old aged. lost without her.

It might sound callous but when my dog dies I cannot bear it and I always get a puppy as soon as possible. He takes my life over so I can't keep dwelling on the last guy. I don't get the pup till he's gone, thinking it unfair to introduce a new dog in an old dog's patch

Advertisement