Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scream 4

Options
  • 13-01-2009 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭

Source Digital Spy
    The Weinstein Company has confirmed that it is making the fourth instalment in the Scream franchise.
    The last film in the Wes Craven horror trilogy was released in 2000.
    It is not confirmed whether Craven will be returning or if writer Kevin Williamson is on board the project.
    The press release described the fourth movie as "re-starting the Scream franchise", hinting that a new cast and further movies may also be in the pipeline.
    Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox Arquette and David Arquette are reportedly considering reprising their roles in the forthcoming Scream 4.
    According to Bloody Disgusting, the original Scream stars have been approached with financial offers to make a cameo appearance in the horror sequel.
    Campbell starred as protagonist Sidney Prescott in the original trilogy, while Cox Arquette played ambitious reporter Gale Weathers and Arquette starred as police officer Dewey Riley.
    Scream and Scream 2 writer Kevin Williamson has reportedly begun writing a draft screenplay, while Craven is still in negotiations to return as director.
    Last year, Jamie Kennedy, who played movie buff Randy Meeks, hinted to iFMagazine that he could reprise his role for the fourth instalment.

3 films were even too much for this series
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Eughh. Seriously are Hollywood really this devoid of ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

This is a worrying development and further proof of the lack of ambition shown by some hollywood studios.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,800 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dimension Films has confirmed that Scream 4 will go under the camera this spring, with Wes Craven back in the director’s chair.
    The new film, which reunites Neve Campbell, David Arquette and Courteney Cox Arquette against a new slasher-movie-loving psycho, has been given a release date of 12 April, 2011.
    Which means it’ll be hitting cinemas almost bang on 11 years after the series shrieked its last with Scream 3 in February 2000, which supposedly rounded out the Scream Trilogy.
    Writer Kevin Williamson (who scribbled the first two, and exec produced the third) has been secretly squirreling away at the script, which he has proposed as a brand new trilogy, with treatments for Screams 5 and 6 also filed in a drawer marked ‘open and die’ (probably).
    Wes Craven, who was holding out on signing onto the fourquel until he read the script, evidently is happy with what Williamson has dreamed up to resurrect the franchise.
    In a confirmation of what we already knew, Dimension revealed that their 2011 slate is playing it safe by continuing its roster of successful franchises – Scream being their figurehead for dead cert hits. God bless the recession.
    "Scream has been such an integral part of Dimension's history, and I look forward to continuing the franchise."
    As well as reuniting the original triumvirate of Scream survivors, this new flick will introduce a cast of new, younger characters. Expect a few faces from Williamson’s CW show The Vampire Diaries to make an appearance, then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

flogging-a-dead-horse-300.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

oh no

• Advertisement

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/06/18/lauren-graham-scream-4/
    The beloved Gilmore Girls star Lauren Graham is thisclose to joining the cast of the next installment in the Scream saga, according to a source close to the production. The actress better known to millions of rabid TV fans as Lorelai is the latest high-profile name attached to the self-referential slasher franchise. The series’ original writer and director, Kevin Williamson and Wes Craven, are on board, as are the original trilogy’s stars Neve Campbell, Courteney Cox, and David Arquette. Graham would join Scream newcomers Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere, Rory Culkin, Lake Bell, Nico Tortorella, Anthony Anderson, and Marielle Jaffe. The film will start shooting in Ann Arbor, Mich., at the end of this month and is scheduled to hit theaters on April 15, 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

flogging-a-dead-horse-300.jpg

wth i dont recall them beating on a dead horse in office space :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16,517 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

nix wrote: »
    wth i dont recall them beating on a dead horse in office space :P

It was in the last film of the Office Space quadrilogy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Emma Roberts, Hayden Panettiere and a Gilmore Girl. Defo a suspense film for the Tween era, but I suppose so were all the Screams.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

What shocks me is that Kevin Williamson wrote the scripts?....i thought he was more high-brow.

• Advertisement

What shocks me is that Kevin Williamson wrote the scripts?....i thought he was more high-brow.

Who would believe that the writer of Dawson's Creek and the Vampire Diaries would lower himself to material such as the Scream films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭TheManWho

The original Scream just worked. The cast, the style and the sound all sort of came together to make a half decent film.

And now we're getting Scream: the new class, with the cheerleader from heroes and a Bring It On movie. I'm not very excited, for some reason I just dont feel like this face goes with this song.

hayden-panettiere-with-dog-400a0619.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

This,will,suck.

The franchise died with part 2,its corpse was violated with part 3 so God only knows what kind of an abomination this will be.

Wes,Im so disappointed but ultimately not surprised with you.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

TheManWho wrote: »
    hayden-panettiere-with-dog-400a0619.jpg

Dog: "HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

they were all rubbish so who cares that this will obviously suck as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

indough wrote: »
    they were all rubbish so who cares that this will obviously suck as well

Disagree with you there.The first one was a tremendous spin on a very tired genre.Part of its appeal was that it poked fun at the cliches and trappings of the genre.

Its sequels were just cash ins.

The new one will likely be something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

nedtheshed wrote: »
    Disagree with you there.The first one was a tremendous spin on a very tired genre.Part of its appeal was that it poked fun at the cliches and trappings of the genre.

Its sequels were just cash ins.

The new one will likely be something similar.

Agreed. The sequels ironically became the very thing the original film was lampooning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

i still think the first one was crap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

I saw Scream 2 on Comedy Central a few weeks ago, that says it all about these films. ;)

Who would believe that the writer of Dawson's Creek and the Vampire Diaries would lower himself to material such as the Scream films.

Exactly!...two quality tv shows :confused:

• Advertisement

Exactly!...two quality tv shows :confused:

Quality shows if you're a 12 year old girl.

^ you're supposed to say 13....keep the continuity Darko!

ps. - are you ready to flip out when the third Twilight movie hits?...your rants at all the Twilight girlies were most enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

Anyway :o Anyone know if there actually is going to be a Scream 4?

lol actually got excited when i saw this thread :o:D

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Anyway :o Anyone know if there actually is going to be a Scream 4?

lol actually got excited when i saw this thread :o:D

Has all the news posted in the thread not confirmed that there is in fact a Scream 4 in production, perhaps the most unnecessary sequel in years.

Has all the news posted in the thread not confirmed that there is in fact a Scream 4 in production, perhaps the most unnecessary sequel in years.

She's a Gleek...leave her be!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

lol
    :D
    yeah I am, as you can see from the nightmare on elm street thread lol, i like my "crappy horrors" :):rolleyes::o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

She's a Gleek...leave her be!
    lol.

Im more of a lurker than a poster in this forum, in fact i dont think I have actually posted here before. However that is the most epic retort I have seen in a while!

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭mrblondecutsear

I loved Scream, thought scream 2 was average and hated scream 3 but when I rewatched the third one recently I absolutely loved it. Maybe I'll give this one a chance

*snip*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

JP Liz V1 banned from films for a week for constantly plagarising other people's articles. Please provide links to any articles in the future.

Advertisement