Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TUE JAN 13 19:15 WES2 Boardeaux The full irish

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

No matter the style of football we play or fitness levels, we are leaking goals at the back steadily - 10 in 3 games and from good positions in games too. What Ed was saying last night about too many changes is a very valid point for the first goal, but the other two..

Having said that, we were denied a certain penalty in the last minute against Glenwood and a 2-0 lead last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Hard luck on the loss lads.

Am I right in saying that these two poor results came straight after a bit of a break in fixtures with Christmas and cancellations?

Maybe something needs to be done to keep the team playing together more regularly, it looks to me like the team is very close to being title challengers now, so maybe something like a weekly training session would be enough to get over the line?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

There is something missing with regards to team spirit, familiarity, etc. The only problem is that I'm not sure everyone on the team treats this as a proper team as such. Boards isn't a football club playing in an FAI accredited league and for some people this team is like a 5 a side they play with their mates on a Tuesday. Which is fair enough to be honest. You pay your money and the attitude you take is up to yourself. Some take it more serious than other,etc,. And if we're to train I reckon we'll have trouble getting regular numbers due to the same issue. Opinions anyone? I think I need to go back to weekend football, starting to take this all a bit too seriously :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Someone took those 'not even a real team cause they dont train' comments seriously

Someone took those 'not even a real team cause they dont train' comments seriously

I cried myself to sleep all this week :o:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Right who told him:D:D

Ah no, I think people not taking it that seriously is fine. You pay your money and you're entitled to it. I do take it seriously though. Only sometimes though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I havent seen you play when you dont take it seriously....seriously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭thelepo

Alright lads, sorry I couldn't make this one. Came down with the flu on Monday night and was out for the count all Tuesday. Been out ever since.

Advertisement