Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Fire Poker - Jmans new site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Flipz4Rollz

Ste05 wrote: »
    And Samo as well...

Hmmm, I can't keep up all my subscriptions, I think i'm gonna drop CR, keep Leggo, DC and Savvy (just for Ansky - I reallllllly wish he'd go to another site).

Is savvy any good?
    That's the site Mike Matusow coaches on right?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Is savvy any good?
    That's the site Mike Matusow coaches on right?
    Matusow is rubbish, and thankfully hasn't done a video in a good while!!! The only reason I'm with Savvy is for Ansky, who IMO is the best instructor through all the sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Headspace

Jman is the best plo video instructer I have ever seen. Really easy to pay attention to probably cause he is so knowledgeable .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 biophase

In addition to Jman, Samoleus is making videos. You should check them out. BTW, a few short clips are on youtube.

www.youtube.com/bluefirepoker

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭tm2204

Best mid stakes NLH and STT/MTT instructors on DC please. Gonna sign up and just want to go straight to the best instructors.

Tks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

Anyone know whether cardrunners videos downloaded to your harddrive will still work if you have cancelled your subscription ? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

No they won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭k101

thanks zuutroy. going to leave cardrunners as a lot of their new videos dont interest me, was going to download a few before i left but guess there is no point doing that then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭robinlacey

i recently signed or re-signed up to a few sites to try and get my game back up to speed after falling into a rut of not really playing well or thinking about the game much. i find it good to watch videos on pretty much any site even if they're not that good since at least they make you think about the game and i find they also motivate me to do obvious stuff like paying attention and thinking things through which is something i often need a reminder of.

i've only watched a few videos from each site,although i've been a member of several of them before,but so far the bluefire ones are by far and away the best video's i've ever seen.

the videos by samo and jman seem to be on a whole other level compared to what i have seen in the past,everything is discussed in such a precise,detailed and clear way,they are just way better than the other video makers i've seen at explaining how you should think about the game rather than just saying what they would do in a spot and why.

with videos by people like raptor,who is obviously a very successful and presumably excellent player,i feel like either they don't quite understand why they do the things they do,or are unable or unwilling to articulate their reasons well. they often seem to do things and say stuff like "i dunno,i didn't really know what he could have here,so,like,i just decided to ship it in,i dunno,whatever..."

jman and samo,however,really explain exactly why they do everything. obviously samo mightn't be quite as successful as some of the nosebleed guys,but as a teacher he is streets ahead of them.

having said all that,there are only a few videos up at the moment,and i only watched the mid/high stakes nl six max ones. i've no idea what the smaller stakes videos are like,but i know that jman stressed that he chose instructors based on how good they are at explaining stuff rather than how good they are at poker so i would imagine the other videos are really good too.

i didn't look at the prices of any of the sites but i think someone in this thread said this one is much more expensive than the others and if that's the case and you are only playing smaller stakes then maybe this site wouldn't be good value yet,until they build up a library,but there does seem to be quite a lot of smaller stakes stuff and if its as good as the higher stuff then i'd say it'd be well worth it.

the jman and samo stuff is reasonably advanced compared to other stuff on the market so you might not get that much out of them if you don't already know the basics of winning mid-stakes play,but if you do i would highly recommend them,i feel like i'm thinking about poker much better than i have been in years since i started watching them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Just signed up a few days back and just backing up what Robin said. Jman and Samos videos are fantastic. They explain every move they make with an clarity and depth which I have not heard from any other instructor.
    Totally worth whatever it costs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

Wow this site sounds the real deal. When I first heard about it I was a bit cynical about it and thought that it was just another new site that was using one big name to plug it with a few video contributions. It is obviously not though and I am impressed to hear that Phil Galfond selects the pros.

After watching the short youtube clips, I really want to get a subscription. CR has been a bit poor recently and a lot of the lower stakes vids seem to be random grinders who do not really express their thought process very well. Some excellent content in their library but not very consistent. Damn, if only you could hand select vids from all the sites instead of having to open new subscriptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Samo's 1knl series are as close as you'll get to coaching in a video. Unreal detail in the explanations and every question that occurs to you while watching he answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Wait guys. There is a new rival out.
    Looks incredible lol
    http://www.deepstacks.com/team_deepstacks.php

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

lol tj cloutier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

cooker3 wrote: »
    Wait guys. There is a new rival out.
    Looks incredible lol
    http://www.deepstacks.com/team_deepstacks.php

lol lol. I really hope this takes off and is a huge success. Would be great for poker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

iamlegendcookier.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

TJ Cookier will never not be genius

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

They do have Beth Shak in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭DeadMoney

iamlegendcookier.png

ROFL.........This is fcuking hilarious!

Pkr have a deal at the moment where if you open an account you get a months free subscription to Bluefire.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

mdwexford wrote: »
    Pkr have a deal at the moment where if you open an account you get a months free subscription to Bluefire.

Fantastic, thanks md, never opened an account with pkr..

If anyone knows of any affiliates also offering this with rb and the BFP promo, please pm me.

Thanks

mdwexford wrote: »
    Is this finished?? Anyone have a link to it??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Ste05 wrote: »
    Is this finished?? Anyone have a link to it??

Thanks MD and Ste for the bump. Had a look on PKR and looks to be still on, just put bluefire in the search engine on the front page of PKR.

Edit Link - http://www.pkr.com/en/wsop-live/bluefire/ more here http://www.pkr.com/en/wsop-live/bluefiretcs/

Other promotions are funny in comparison. You can choose from the bluefire promotion or wait for it .... a poker magazine or poker chip set lol

Opr

Still going, use the code "BLUEFIRE" when signing up to pkr.

Link

edit - Ha too slow, no worries.

thanks chaps, that's pretty bloody good. Deposit $25 and get the BFP reg fee paid for and a free month??

Yep plus no DRM so download to your hearts content and watch whenever you feel like it.

Takes a couple of days for pkr to email you your code.

Cool, I was onto them and they said to contact Bluefire about it, so I've emailed them. So is it that PKR, email you a code in a few days, and then you send that to BFP??

I knew I shoulda just asked in here instead of asking their On-line Help... :rolleyes:

Is there any point requirement to get it, cos I can't see me lasting long on Pkr??

Yeah pkr give you a code that you enter on your account page on Blue Fire.

I lodged the $25 on pkr and havent played a hand on it, been watching vids for the past 5 days.

LOL, that was my plan... try a spin up after I get my code and then be done with it...

I presume you then just subscribe to BFP without paying the sign-up fee??

Also, Pkr is taking an age to DL, how big is the fcuking thing???

• Advertisement

Exactly.

No idea tbh.

Massive, took me forever as well, like downloading a film or somethin.

Advertisement