Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football anyone?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

ya i'll play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Kevin will probably play also, but if there are not enough players signed up to play this week by 1pm, I wont be playing, as I have other arrangements that I'm putting on hold to play soccer, so please come and play, it could be the last game of the semester.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

I'm not too optimistic myself, as most people seem to prioritize everything else ahead of football which is a shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭finnezzia

out again this weeksadly. hope you get numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Won't be able to go, sorry. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

NO GAME THIS WEEK

Due to a serious lack of numbers for the second week running, there will be NO game this week. I cannot wait around any longer to see if we can get another 3-4 players to commit.

I understand that it is coming to the business end of the semester where college work piles up, and at the end of the day, you are in UL to get a good degree first and foremost, so good luck to you all!

I dont have the time slot booked anymore, it was booked for 6 weeks, and this was supposedly gameweek 6, therefore, this was the last chance of a game this semester.

I'd like to say thanks to all who came in the weeks when we did have games, they were very entertaining, and I thoroughly enjoyed them. It was also nice to put faces to names, and please god I'll see ye out sometime over the next few weeks.

I hope that ye continue to play soccer next semester, however I wont be here to participate, so I wish you all the best with organising it.

/David

Thanks Dave for all your efforts over the semester and good luck in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Will there be soccer running next semester? Will be back from co-op in January and wouldn't mind a kickabout.

I will post next semester looking for interested people and if there are enough replies I'll set it up but I wouldn't be optimistic as numbers are very hard to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

i'll be up for playing next semester i am back from co-op by then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

I'd be up for playing next semester if the time suites. Didn't this semester

I'll be in Ennis two days a week so I might only be able to play on Fridays (or weekends) or in the evening (too early I know, but I prefer to play in the evenings, and on astro over indoor).

OK here we are again, start of a semester and I'm looking for 9 committed people who want to play indoor football once a week @ €3 per person (Off peak pricing aka during the daytime. Nighttime would cost more, €6 pp afaik).

First I want people to post a message if they want to play and who trusts themselves to be able to plan ahead and set aside an hour every week (I know how difficult that sounds but believe me its achievable :pac:).

If we get enough replies to make up the numbers, then we can start discussing the most appropriate time.

And finally if all 10 of us can agree a day and time, I will go book a court in the arena (Hopefully the time we want will be free).

The sooner we sort this, the more chance we have of getting our most suitable time so the ball is in your court people (No pun intended :D).

• Registered Users Posts: 39 galwayu

I would be up for it provided the time suites because unfortunately I had a lecture last semester during the assigned slot.

i'ed be up for playing any time on wensday afternoon as most people will not have other arangments at that time

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Pablo_

after 3 on wed would be good....

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

I'm around but not available to play until after 6 :( Also I can't do tuesdays or thursdays either !!

As an aside:- Anyone up for a kickaround at the weekend?

ya any time after one would suite me :) only got 3 hours on a wensday

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

Wednesday is good for me! :)

could do most wednesdays after 3 I think.

• Advertisement

OK so,

A week since I posted and we've got a total of 7 (including myself) and 1 of those 7 can only play after 6pm...

Thats pretty shocking as this is only week 2. There is no point discussing the most appropriate time slot as we simply don't have the numbers.

So I will not be pursuing this any further as its a fact that if you struggle for numbers at the start of a semester then the numbers will only deteriorate the further into the semester you go.

If someone feels the urge to takeover this situation, then you are free to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

I'd love to jump in guys, might also be able to get one or two more. I'll keep you posted.

thanks slug's

on a separate note for a time and day why not say 6 pm on a Wednesday on the astroturf everyone should be able to play at that time. I'll see if I can get a mate or 2 to come along as well for that time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

I'd probably be able to make it most Wednesdays. :)

I'd much prefer to play on astroturf in the evenin, and I'd almost sure of bringing a friend too. Wednesday at 6 could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Hey guys, is tomorrow still going ahead seeing as how the weather is meant to be completely ****?

Slugs wrote: »
    Hey guys, is tomorrow still going ahead seeing as how the weather is meant to be completely ****?

i say we'll give 2moro a miss as we don't have the number's we will have a look at starting next wensday at 6 on the astroturf any one who can be there post here

So starting next week then. It'll be me +1 anyway.

And in future... suck it up... it's only weather:p

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

WOOOO HOOOOOO

Old Timer gets his way !!!

So for next wednesday 16th @ 6pm, on the Astroturf we have:-

1) DJCR
    2) Finnezzia
    3) Finnezzia +1
    4) ...... please feel free to add to the list!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Niall09

I'l goooooo! :)

Advertisement