Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 09 - Pre Season Two practice league

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

ah ffs, this sh!t again, I was playing Bennycon, I think it was 3-1 in a very hard fought match and boom, I go from winning to an auto loss.

Sick of this. Magnet are rubbish. Their customer service asked me to ring between 9-6 Monday-Friday to troubleshoot the problem, after originally telling me there was no problem! I work from 9-6, who the fcuk am I supposed to ring ye then? Dozy shower of pr!cks if there ever was one.

Have to wait until next Monday when my g/f is back in the house and get her to ring them.

It already cost me two games last season. One in the practice league, hopefully they will sort it out next Monday. Think I best not play a Season 2 game until its sorted. Bloody hell. You'd think they'd send out a proper router rather than this Telsey ****e thats completely locked down. If anybody has got any ideas....feel free to let me know! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    ah ffs, this sh!t again, I was playing Bennycon, I think it was 3-1 in a very hard fought match and boom, I go from winning to an auto loss.

Sick of this. Magnet are rubbish. Their customer service asked me to ring between 9-6 Monday-Friday to troubleshoot the problem, after originally telling me there was no problem! I work from 9-6, who the fcuk am I supposed to ring ye then? Dozy shower of pr!cks if there ever was one.

Have to wait until next Monday when my g/f is back in the house and get her to ring them.

It already cost me two games last season. One in the practice league, hopefully they will sort it out next Monday. Think I best not play a Season 2 game until its sorted. Bloody hell. You'd think they'd send out a proper router rather than this Telsey ****e thats completely locked down. If anybody has got any ideas....feel free to let me know! lol

Richie I have Magnet too, but Im not convinced its the connection. I was playing kromula on Friday, and completely pwning him, and dropped. But I was on Xbox chat with him, dedicated channel, not in game chat, and I could still chat to him, it just signed me out of the EA Servers.

Did this happen to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

completely pwning him, /QUOTE]

Please tell me that you are joking using that phrase.......please???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Just joined this so I'll be on during the week for some games :)

Richie I have Magnet too, but Im not convinced its the connection. I was playing kromula on Friday, and completely pwning him, and dropped. But I was on Xbox chat with him, dedicated channel, not in game chat, and I could still chat to him, it just signed me out of the EA Servers.

Did this happen to you?

I originally thought it was the EA Servers, because it only seemed to happen during FIFA.... but I've noticed that everything drops for about ten seconds, msn signs out, google chat signs out, can't load a webpage... so I'd say its def the connection. MSN was telling my DNS was offline, and Xbox live tells me that the MTU isn't 1364, so it can't connect.

Pain in the anus anyways. It will be another week before I can get someone in the house to ring customer service and try sort it out.

Incase it is just the EA servers, I'm just going to run a ping to google to try keep the connection alive. I've heard that BT seem to randomly reassign ip addresses once every 24 hours (you'd think an ISP would give fixed IPs?) which can disconnect you randomly too. So I'm going to try plugging out the router in the morning to see if that can trigger it. It does seem random though. Happened once last Tuesday, and once Sunday night now. It does seem fairly random...

Always when I'm playing Fifa, and never had a problem when I had Digiweb.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Did this happen to you?

Richie you went straight to the Areana according to XBox Live and not offline so I would say if you were in a party you would not have lost the chat. It might be worth taking it up with the BB crowd in case they just need to leave ports open so something.

Yeah I went to the Arena but then I couldn't do anything, lost connection on the pc, couldn't accept your invite to chat, went back then to test the xbox live connection and it said that it was down....signed out of google chat and msn.... Xbox live was telling me that the MTU rated was less than 1364. Some pain in the rectum...

Couple of second later everything was back up and running....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Did this happen to you?

Pwning lol :D

Granted you had me under "severe pressure" but i was hanging on and who knows what could have happend? But i did feel iwoulda lost.

And bloody The Dunne, two games Leeds Vs Werder Breman.

I should have won both of them, that bloody striker up there alongside beckford, dachhio or bechio or something. Hes muck couldnt finish his dinner.

Does anyone know how you leave a league as I want to rejoin as Liverpool

bennyc wrote: »
    Does anyone know how you leave a league as I want to rejoin as Liverpool

I think its the bumpers to scroll to the next tab. Its on the last tab I think. There is an option to leave the league.

Sorry for not accepting your invite last night, the United highlights were coming on sky!

• Advertisement

I think its the bumpers to scroll to the next tab. Its on the last tab I think. There is an option to leave the league.

Sorry for not accepting your invite last night, the United highlights were coming on sky!

No probs. Cheers for that

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

can anyone join up to this? I might do so this evening if so :) And sorry to say, im a Villa fan so I will be playing with Villa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Hey just started playing xbox live lately as im using the free trial xbox gave me after they fixed my rrod and absolutely love playing fifa online. Im planning on purchasing the full 13 months thing off zavvi in the next few days.

Im not too bad either though Liverpool are the only team Ive ever picked bar maybe once or twice with inter or Barca.

Whats the story about joining this as id be really interested?

Gamertag is "Kirk the dog" by the way

Well if you want to join I've got no objections, althought its really only for guys who will be playing if Season 2 of our FIFA league.

But if you want to, by all means, fire ahead and join in the pre-season. Its just a bit of a laugh and a sanbox for people to try out new tactics and stuff with no-5 star teams.

Althought people are using Arsenal who are practically 5-star....Oh well...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

For new players, I will be running new qualifying league in about 2 weeks. Suitable players may be included in Season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

you said no 5 star teams. Not no 5 star teams and Arsenal!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

FutureGuy wrote: »
    For new players, I will be running new qualifying league in about 2 weeks. Suitable players may be included in Season 3

for players who are in the current qualifying league or new, new players?

Well if you want to join I've got no objections, althought its really only for guys who will be playing if Season 2 of our FIFA league.

But if you want to, by all means, fire ahead and join in the pre-season. Its just a bit of a laugh and a sanbox for people to try out new tactics and stuff with no-5 star teams.

Might br no harm to open this up but keep out the main 5 star teams, ie Barca and Man U . it is always good to have a bit of decent competition even during game weeks.
    Is there any problem with me rejoining as Liverpool ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

for players who are in the current qualifying league or new, new players?

new new players...all players in the curent qualifying league are eligable to join Serie A/B

bennyc wrote: »
    Is there any problem with me rejoining as Liverpool ?

Go for it.

I got about 5 invites last night from different lads in this league, but every time I was in the first half of our online clubs games or picking my squad for the game I had just accepted. I wasn't ignoring the invites incase anybody was wondering....

I never quit a game, unless your man is being a total twat, so if you invite me to one, I'll usually invite you back when I'm good to go.

• Advertisement

Axwell is the only lad I know who could get a disc read error while playing FIFA from the hard drive :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'm gonna rejoin as Bayern if nobody has any objections. Need to get some practice in with them!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Axwell is the only lad I know who could get a disc read error while playing FIFA from the hard drive :D

Honestly that was the most random thing ever, but i think it was related to the over heating i was saying to ya. I may sort that out later too!

mika27 wrote: »
    I'm gonna rejoin as Bayern if nobody has any objections. Need to get some practice in with them!

Go on sure, you might aswell mate. Results don't matter so you can come and rape me with them! lol

Bayern are 5 star, but have less players rated 82+ than Arsenal (4 and a half for them? wtf?). No way they are in the same bracket as Villarreal, Bremen, Everton. Bit crazy IMO.

Then again, Porto are only four star, but I'd fancy them as a Champions League side to beat Everton who are 4 and a half. Probably shouldn't pay much attention to the stars thing. I didn't realise it was this badly done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Online now for a few games lads if anyone's interested? My GT is Besty69

Besty, you just invited me there while I was in a match. I'll invite ya back there in a few mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

I'll give yee lads a game too in a few mins!?

Besty, you just invited me there while I was in a match. I'll invite ya back there in a few mins.

Agh, that's so irritating. The network cable came out of my laptop there so the connection was lost, sorry man. Good game up until then though. Rematch?

besty wrote: »
    Agh, that's so irritating. The network cable came out of my laptop there so the connection was lost, sorry man. Good game up until then though. Rematch?

No worries. I thought it was my connection. I'm always skeptical when the connection quits, because I've lost so many games because of it.

I'm not sure how you got your first goal though. My defender had the ball, and next thing I seen, it was in the net! lol Played all games tonight without a problem with my connection, but I know now, the first league match I play it will go.

• Advertisement

No worries. I thought it was my connection. I'm always skeptical when the connection quits, because I've lost so many games because of it.

I'm not sure how you got your first goal though. My defender had the ball, and next thing I seen, it was in the net! lol Played all games tonight without a problem with my connection, but I know now, the first league match I play it will go.
    My attack was just so blistering you missed me rounding your defence! :P

I'm sure we'll get a rematch in over the weekend at some stage.

Advertisement