Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA 09 - Pre Season Two practice league

Options
  • 08-01-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭

Alright lads, I've set up the pre-season friendlies leagues for FutureGuy. So we're basically going to have a couple of friendly games with non-5 star sides. If you've got a headset lob it on.

Its going to be a week or so before season 2 actually gets going, so if you want to try out some mental tactics where nobody cares if you win or lose, this is the place to do it. Results don't matter here, its just for the laugh while we are waiting for the actual league to be setup. The new players are playing in that qualifying league so this is mostly for the season 1 players, but whoever wants a few games...hop in.

Everyone can play each other 11 times....14 mins per game like the real thing.

League name: boards pre season
    Password: boards
    Abbrev: bps

Not unique teams. No 5 star sides please. Nobody is going to judge your playing ability here if you get humped. Just for the laugh to kill some time until the real stuff gets going.

Richie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Joined earlier as Villa, had 2 good games against Richie and Livelyjojo...

Savage close game against Livelyjojo, 3 - 2 to me in the end, and Richie gave me a thrashing, no suprise there:D...

Tis a bit of craic too with the mics, never used them in the last league.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'll add myself up, more practice for me the better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭Y2J_MUFC

Bit of craic with the mic's alright, I had two good games against yourself and Livelyjojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Yeah good practice alright. A lot of Villa fans out there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

Just coming on to the Villa bandwagon myself.. they're unbelievable! I can beat almost anyone with them!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Nice one setting this up Richie, ill be back on at the wkend am away at the minute but will be on at the wkend. I owe you a few friendlies anyways seen as i didnt get to play you in season 1, same goes for a few others. Should be a bit of craic anyways

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Nice one!! Who have you's all picked? Or are you all Villa :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tks for taking care of this for me Richie...good game last night :)

No worries lads.

I'm Sevilla, there are two Aston Villa's and livelyjojo is Celtic, thats all so far....or up to 1am last night anyways. Good game FG, sorry if it was laggy on your side, it wasn't that bad for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I'll join up with ye tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Carroller16

I'll join up tonight

Regards,
    Dublin CRUCIFIER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Cheers Richie I will join this evening.

Good games last night FutureGuy I think Lyon are going to be my new team for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

I'll be there, I might take Athletico if no one minds? Save there being 3 Villas in the league :D

Is the qualifying league over FG? I havent caught up on all the threads, so apologies if this has been asked, whats happening?

I'll be there, I might take Athletico if no one minds?

Fire ahead, nobody minds who picks what teams as this is just for a laugh, just avoid 5 star teams because every game played on Xbox Live is (usually) 5 star team vs 5 start team. Gives it a bit of a twist to sound out a new team when your not getting rode and ruining your record against the likes of United, Barca, Inter....

Forlan is a demon for them btw. Beat some lad yesterday who was playing as Liverpool in the 90th min with Forlan scoring in the last min. Memories of "he came from Uruguay, he made the scousers cry" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

bennyc wrote: »
    I think Lyon are going to be my new team for a while.

I've been practicing with them for a week now, benzema misses nothing, great player.
    They got a decent defence too

They seem to be pretty good, although I never used them. Played some lad, he had me penned back in my own half for pretty much 88 mins. I'd say possession was 90%-10% in his favour, and he was using Lyon. I dont think I touched the ball other than a goal kick for the first 25 game mins so they can't be half bad!!!

I managed to pox the game 1-0 somehow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Y2J_MUFC wrote: »
    They seem to be pretty good, although I never used them. Played some lad, he had me penned back in my own half for pretty much 88 mins. I'd say possession was 90%-10% in his favour, and he was using Lyon. I dont think I touched the ball other than a goal kick for the first 25 game mins so they can't be half bad!!!

I managed to pox the game 1-0 somehow :D

Played a game yesterday with Lyon, the other guy was Real. I had 26 shots on goal, 16 on target, lost 3-2 in extra time (he had 3 shots on goal). It was unreal, hit the post at least 5 times, Casillas was unbelievable. And that was a 5 minute a side game!

So maybe Lyon are cursed, nobody pick them ;)

This will be fun, it'll kinda be like what the new league is going to be like!! Cause no one in the top league is getting a 5 or 4/5 star team!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

just signed up using Newcastle for the laugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Just signed up there - Besty69
    Didn't realise Villa were so popular!

• Advertisement

I'm going to pick leeds, for the lolz

LOL :D it was nice knowing you!! At least pick a 4 star team!!!

I wouldn't pick Leeds for two reasons. First they are scum, lol. Secondly, even though results don't matter you don't want to get humped in every game

I was gonna pick Sheffield Wednesday but decided against it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

my wins keep vanishing! :(

I wouldn't pick Leeds for two reasons. First they are scum, lol. Secondly, even though results don't matter you don't want to get humped in every game

I was gonna pick Sheffield Wednesday but decided against it!

We all hate Leeds scum :D

Mr Moon wrote: »
    We all hate Leeds scum :D

Everyone sings this :)

Everyone sings this :)

It's a great tune ;)

Well.

I really do not see myself getting humpd with Leeds at all. They have blistering pace throughout the team and their defence is solid.

Beckford up front is a solid finisher however dachio is poor.

I believe the guy I played yesterday, who I drew with 2-2 found this out. I should have easily won, only for I had beckford sent off early in the second half, and Dachio missed a load of easy opportunities.

Don't diss my Leeds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭sparky360

twas me you played yesterday! Great game! You were very unlucky. I played you again this morning and it was close again! I was guilty of a terrible challenge in the last couple of moments. I took down the last man:(

It was incredibly badly timed challenge and very unlike me. I felt so bad that when you didnt score from the resulting free kick, I made the keeper drop the ball and walked it into my net.

Genuinely really sorry about that mate. You have it hard enough playing as leeds without that sh*te going on. I honestly did not intentionally do it. I think/hope the rest of the lads from last season can back me up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Mr 8rightside

i'm in the league now waiting to get a game if anyone wants a match, i'm playing as villareal

Advertisement