Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reebok irun treadmill £244

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 JoshThomas

dahamsta wrote: »
    Perfect. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, see if I can snag a floormat while I'm at it. :)

Thanks very much for all your help.

adam

Did you get the floormat? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭BennytheBall

Interesting, I went to order one of these today from Fitness Superstore and was being quote 60 GBP for delivery... I asked him to Double check and he came back a few minutes later to say it was definitely 60.

I didn't place the order. Having a rethink. Might try again tmw and see if I get someone different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

my concern about buying something this big from a uk store, because if something goes wrong it can be alot of hassle

I'd be more inclined to pay the extra in elvereys (or similar store), free delivery, with in-home assembly for a small fee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭podge3

Interesting, I went to order one of these today from Fitness Superstore and was being quote 60 GBP for delivery... I asked him to Double check and he came back a few minutes later to say it was definitely 60.
    I not surprised really as the box weighs an absolute ton - maybe they made a mistake with me. I contacted them via Livechat for a price and then submitted my order. They contacted me via email a little while later to inform me that delivery to Ireland was £30 and wanted to know if I wished to proceed.

my concern about buying something this big from a uk store, because if something goes wrong it can be alot of hassle

I'd be more inclined to pay the extra in elvereys (or similar store), free delivery, with in-home assembly for a small fee
    Most shops (rightly or wrongly) direct you to the manufacturer nowadays anyway. Most large electrical items have a UK and Ireland warranty and some even a pan European warranty.

Obviously I would still like to buy local but the cheapest treadmill I could get was about €500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭adhoc

double post

• Advertisement

just looking at this in the argos catalogue at €697! googled it to check reviews and found this thread - the wonders of the internet!

Podge - how did you get on, are you happy with it? Is it big/sturdy enough?

adhoc wrote: »
    Podge - how did you get on, are you happy with it? Is it big/sturdy enough?
    I think its great.

Both the Mrs and myself use it every day. I have a TV set up in front of it and I just hop on a do a half hour during the evening. I would certainly recommend it if you can get it for a reasonable price.

I use it mainly for walking but I have jogged on it a few times just to try it out. It feels very sturdy and plenty big.

That's brilliant thanks, we're the same both of us want one. Do you find you're losing weight, toning up?

I'm on to live chat now to see how much they'll quote for delivery at - wish me luck!

adhoc wrote: »
    Do you find you're losing weight, toning up?

I'm on to live chat now to see how much they'll quote for delivery at - wish me luck!
    I,m only doing about 30 mins a day at the moment so I don't see any real weight loss. I do see a big improvment in my general fitness levels, however.

Any news on your Livechat conversation?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

Just to let you guys know I received my cross trainer in good time, with the floor mat... but the heart rate monitor was coming royal mail and has never arrived. It has taken me until this morning to convince them to resend it as they kept telling me it would take longer to arrive to "international destinations".

I ordered it on January 9th.

That said, the cross trainer is awesome, and I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm thrilled with the advice they gave me on the equipment. I do about 30 mins a day at the moment and I'm hoping to up that to 45 minutes.

• Advertisement

Had to give up on live chat as I was waiting for 20 minutes without a response. Going to try again

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nialler1

Let us know how you get on.

Price is £289.49 at the moment in Argos, is that likely to go back down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 barneysmum

just made a big mistake and ordered the i-run treadmill from the fitness store for 349 pounds and at the moment for april in argos ireland the price has gone down to 349euros and 244pounds in the Uk i am going to be having a word with them oh i am soo mad

Advertisement