Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reebok irun treadmill £244

Options
  • 08-01-2009 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭

Argos uk are selling THIS for £244. Its €499 at argos ireland, in the sale!

They deliver to republic for an extra £20

Reviews here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ash2020

this looks good.. tell me more about how to get i delivered to my local argos extra in the south please

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Didn't know they would deliver to the south. Most things are cheaper on the co.uk site.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

ash2020 wrote: »
    this looks good.. tell me more about how to get i delivered to my local argos extra in the south please

They will deliver to your house/address
    Only snag is you have to physically go into Argos Uk to order and pay.
    2 Argos stores in Newry for example - 1 in The quays S.C and the other on Merchants Quay near the Buttercrane S.C beside TK MAXX.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Argos uk are selling THIS for £244. Its €499 at argos ireland, in the sale!
    Not that it make much of a difference to your bargain but it's €429 in Argos ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭podge3

Bluetonic wrote: »
    it's €429 in Argos ROI.
    Plus €30 delivery - no collection in-store.

I ordered the same treadmill on the 2nd Jan from http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/folding_treadmills/10027_0c.html and it was delivered today. The cost was £250 plus £30 shipping. I think the price has increased now to £300, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

podge3 wrote: »
    The delivery isn't 30 euro for all - it depends on where you live, thankfully we don't all live out in the sticks. It's a non issues anyhow, who in their right mind would shop in Argos ROI for items for high value.
    How much does delivery cost?

Our standard delivery charge is €7.50 for deliveries within County Dublin and €29.50 for the rest of the Republic of Ireland. Deliveries are made Monday to Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Not that it make much of a difference to your bargain but it's €429 in Argos ROI.

Price has dropped so, it was €499 last week, Still expensive compared to Argos UK :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

found argos delivery appalling in the past, courier kept changing dates and times and argos washed their hands of it, until.......... refused delivery and requested refund as per their t&c, they suddenly were a lotmore helpful (furniture)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 JoshThomas

I ordered the same treadmill on the 2nd Jan from http://www.fitness-superstore.co.uk/folding_treadmills/10027_0c.html and it was delivered today. The cost was £250 plus £30 shipping. I think the price has increased now to £300, though.

Was that £30 shipping to southern Ireland?

And also if I wanted to order from Argos UK - do I have to go into a Northern Irish store to get the £20 shipping or can I get a friend to go into a London store for me to do this?

Thanks

Josh

• Advertisement

JoshThomas wrote: »
    Was that £30 shipping to southern Ireland?
    Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,907 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

anyone know what the maximum speed on this machine is?

anyone know what the maximum speed on this machine is?
    14 KPH IRC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Will a store on mainland UK work or does it have to be the North?

Anyone know the lead time on these, South or North?

Any feedback on Fitness Superstore?

Thanks,
    adam

dahamsta wrote: »
    Any feedback on Fitness Superstore?
    They delivered mine in about 3 working days.

In the south podge3? And was that recently?

(Bonus question: did you have to order on the phone, yeah?)

In the south podge3? All the ways to Co. Tipp

And was that recently? Arrived last Thurs (4 working days, actually)

(Bonus question: did you have to order on the phone, yeah?)Nope, sent an email to clarify postage costs and then did my order online. .

I had no problems with them at all - a most efficient company. I really don't know how they shipped it for only £30. The box was blooming huge.

im a little confused It asks to enter name and postcode to start the order online. what did you use to have it delivered to the south :confused:

I realy want one!

im a little confused It asks to enter name and postcode to start the order online. what did you use to have it delivered to the south :confused:

I realy want one!
    Try Eire or n/a - I can't remember which I tried.

Don't forget that I mentioned a few days back that these look to have increased in price by £50. When I purchased mine some of the colours were only £250. I got a black one.

still priced at 244£ but post code must be between 5 - 7 digit long

• Advertisement

still priced at 244£ but post code must be between 5 - 7 digit long

Yeah its £244 on Argos.co.uk but podge ordered from Fitness Superstore.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

My Cross trainer is meant to be shipping today... it was 140 pounds cheaper than Argos UK (not to mention half the price of Argos IE)and they only charged me 20 pounds shipping. Threw in a floor mat and did a good deal on a Heart rate monitor as well.

Give them a ring, they're really helpful. I didn't know what to buy and they gave me great advice.

Only thing I had to do that wasn't as usual was scan my drivers license to prove my address for shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Yeah its £244 on Argos.co.uk but podge ordered from Fitness Superstore.

I asked Fitness Superstore via e-mail if they would price match Argos, and they said:

"Sorry but Argos only sell the Orange unit where as ours is white. They also take 35 days to deliver whereas we will take 5. We cannot match that price."

I than asked them, if colour made a difference in price, and what about their price guarantee on their website which reads:

"At Fitness Superstore we also offer a price guarantee on all our exercise and gym equipment where we will match any other advertised price or, if already purchased, will refund the difference (plus 10% of the difference) within 14 days of your purchase."

But they said:

"Hi, yes Colours do matter. Argos got white and we got Blue and Black. We sold all our £249 stock. The price Guarantee only applies to orders already in the process with us."

So there you go ! :confused: Still some crazy deals though compared to the €.

I spoke to Fitness Superstore who told me that whilst this is cheap - it is too narrow to run on. Was this just an attempt to get me to buy a better model or have other people had bad experiences with this treadmill?

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Garth

eddiem74 wrote: »

"Hi, yes Colours do matter. Argos got white and we got Blue and Black. We sold all our £249 stock. The price Guarantee only applies to orders already in the process with us."

I was looking at that treadmill before I decided on a cross trainer, so this rings a bell:

It appears colours matter to argos too...

I spoke to Fitness Superstore who told me that whilst this is cheap - it is too narrow to run on. Was this just an attempt to get me to buy a better model or have other people had bad experiences with this treadmill?
    I didn't buy it for running but I have jogged a bit on it and I can't see why it isn't suitable. Granted, it isn't as wide as the professional units but its one quarter of the price.

Garth wrote: »
    I was looking at that treadmill before I decided on a cross trainer, so this rings a bell:

It appears colours matter to argos too...
    The whole colour thing is a bit of a joke. The only difference in colours between the units is a coloured disc at the front of the base. The discs on mine are black but the rest is the same as those labeled "orange", "pink" etc etc.

The black one is Argos is completely black but the actual machine looks to be the same.

I had no problems with them at all - a most efficient company. I really don't know how they shipped it for only £30. The box was blooming huge.
    Thanks very much for your answers podge3, most helpful. Just one more :) who did they ship with?

I'm having trouble with my gimp of a DHL driver at the moment so I hope it's not them! Although at that price I'd have my doubts anyway.

who did they ship with?
    Its wasn't DHL. I think the original courier was something like "parcelstoireland.com" but I have no idea who the local delivery was done by. It wasn't DPD, UPS etc

• Advertisement

Perfect. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow, see if I can snag a floormat while I'm at it. :)

Thanks very much for all your help.

adam

Advertisement