Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIP: Shopping online and can't get delivery to Ireland???

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SteoTheGreat

Thanks should be very useful !

Cheers Sudo911

• Registered Users Posts: 756 ✭✭✭Laneyh

Hi

I'm moving back to Ireland in the near future, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for International Removals / shipping companies

I'm not moving anything big, just clothes, books and the like so probably a large box / crate.

Its stuff I want to keep but I don't need urgently so I'd be happy to go with the most economical option

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 460 ✭✭twanda

Hi all,
    Is that service posted by OP just for delivery from UK- Ireland? I took it from their website that it is for all over Europe. I wanted to get some goods collected in France and delivered to me here in Denmark, but I got this (confusing?)reply from them that they don't move ''in between countries'' -- Is that not what they do with UK - Ireland delivery? :

Mail from me:

I am looking for a method of having some items from France delivered to me in Denmark.
    Can you please tell me if it would be possible to use your service for collection of parcel from a retailer in France and delivery to my private address here in Denmark?

Reply:

Hi,

We couldn't move in between countries unfortunately.

Kind Regards

Transglobal Express Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

This may be an old thread but its a useful one none the less!

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone used this in the end to get a tv delivered from the UK?

Gettin good value down South is near impossible so was just wondering if anyone has an idea of how to get a tv delivered down South. Most of the main UK online retailers wont send tvs over here and those who do always charge a load. Was thinkin of getting a 40" tv off amazon...

Before someone mentions Richersounds, 99% sure they wont deliver the particular model down south due to stock shortages:(

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Didnt use this service but I bought a 37" LCD from directtvs.co.uk last February. I ordered over the phone as they also had an Irish number listed on their website and, even though carraige was about €50, I saved a few hundred euro on similiar TVs on sale in Cork. It arrived by courier about two days later and has worked fine since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

Just had a look at directtvs.co.uk there. They're seemingly the same company as LaptopsDirect.co.uk, who an awful reputation on boards.ie.

Basically, if everything goes ok with your order and your product then you're fine, but if you have a problem theyre impossible to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Zonda999 wrote: »
    This may be an old thread but its a useful one none the less!

Anyway, i was wondering if anyone used this in the end to get a tv delivered from the UK?

Gettin good value down South is near impossible so was just wondering if anyone has an idea of how to get a tv delivered down South. Most of the main UK online retailers wont send tvs over here and those who do always charge a load. Was thinkin of getting a 40" tv off amazon...

Before someone mentions Richersounds, 99% sure they wont deliver the particular model down south due to stock shortages:(

See if they'll let you collect it, if they do organize your own courier to collect it for you. Thats what I used to do

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

I was after a 50" plasma TV and had a hell of a time finding anyone who would ship one from the uk to Ireland due to the fragility problems and the need to ship them upright.

I eventually found a store selling on eBay and they were just brilliant. They put it on a pallet strapped upright and then wrapped the whole thing in a mass of clingy black plastic so it was very firmly secured and waterproof. It arrived in perfect nick. The shipping was reasonable. Their website has been in progress for the last 11 months :rolleyes:

This is their ebay shop so you can be covered by paypal for peace of mind. The shipping included insurance: http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Entertainment-Xclusive__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Another good trick when buying large items from the UK:

Many UK mainland online retailers offer free delivery to any address in the UK on top of an excellent price to start with.

I wanted a particular AEG dishwasher that was unavailable here, so I ordered it from http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk/ and had them deliver it to http://transbridgefreight.co.uk/

They then on shipped it to me here in a rural location.

You obviously have to T things up with Transbridge so they can expect the delivery and know where to send it and with the supplier to ensure they deliver during business hours, but the results are worth it.

As well as the dishwasher I have had a wood-burning stove and major kitchen items delivered this way.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

WHL wrote: »
    Didnt use this service but I bought a 37" LCD from directtvs.co.uk last February. I ordered over the phone as they also had an Irish number listed on their website and, even though carraige was about €50, I saved a few hundred euro on similiar TVs on sale in Cork. It arrived by courier about two days later and has worked fine since.
    Just had a look at directtvs.co.uk there. They're seemingly the same company as LaptopsDirect.co.uk, who an awful reputation on boards.ie.

Basically, if everything goes ok with your order and your product then you're fine, but if you have a problem theyre impossible to deal with.

Aye, a load of boardsies have had problems with this lot, including myself. WHL, i hope you dont have any trouble with your telly because dealing with them is...dificult...
    unklerosco wrote: »
    See if they'll let you collect it, if they do organize your own courier to collect it for you. Thats what I used to do

Doubt Richersounds would allow that would they, surely they'd just see that as you gettin the tv shipped, just not by themselves.

Have you done this with Richersounds before?
    cnocbui wrote: »
    I was after a 50" plasma TV and had a hell of a time finding anyone who would ship one from the uk to Ireland due to the fragility problems and the need to ship them upright.

I eventually found a store selling on eBay and they were just brilliant. They put it on a pallet strapped upright and then wrapped the whole thing in a mass of clingy black plastic so it was very firmly secured and waterproof. It arrived in perfect nick. The shipping was reasonable. Their website has been in progress for the last 11 months :rolleyes:

This is their ebay shop so you can be covered by paypal for peace of mind. The shipping included insurance: http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/Entertainment-Xclusive__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Another good trick when buying large items from the UK:

Many UK mainland online retailers offer free delivery to any address in the UK on top of an excellent price to start with.

I wanted a particular AEG dishwasher that was unavailable here, so I ordered it from http://www.redhillappliances.co.uk/ and had them deliver it to http://transbridgefreight.co.uk/

They then on shipped it to me here in a rural location.

You obviously have to T things up with Transbridge so they can expect the delivery and know where to send it and with the supplier to ensure they deliver during business hours, but the results are worth it.

As well as the dishwasher I have had a wood-burning stove and major kitchen items delivered this way.

Thanks for that, it would be enough hassle i guess but that company seem to have a depot in Cork which would make things handier. Does the delivery with transbridge work out fairly expensive though?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,006 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The shipping for the dishwasher was £95 in 2007, that was to out in the sticks in the midwest.

Still saved a packet compared to an equivalent class of item ordered locally.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Very useful thread.

If anyone is getting something heavy from the UK, it might be an idea to get it sent to one of the courier pick-up points in Northern Ireland. DHL have a pickup point in Omagh and i have had a few things sent there, for example, a set of 4 alloy wheels sent from the UK to Northern Ireland was £35, i think DHL wanted over £100 to be sent to the ROI.
    Very handy if you live close to the boarder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Go to Uship. There are people who bid on your shipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Aye, a load of boardsies have had problems with this lot, including myself. WHL, i hope you dont have any trouble with your telly because dealing with them is...dificult

Fortunately the TV transaction went well, the set arrived very quickly and all is working well 10 months later. I didn't know that they were connected to laptopsdirect.co.uk!! Looks like I was lucky

Advertisement