Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TIP: Shopping online and can't get delivery to Ireland???

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭sudo911

basquille wrote: »
    Fine for now.. but after a day or two, you won't be able to edit that OP.

I'll keep it updated then though.

Cheers! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭nobeastsofierce

Awesome thread all round guys, and a couple of people touched on something I'm very interested in, that being delivery from US sites. can you generally get stuff delivered from sites like newegg to fedex dropoff points, and then onto ireland?

Realising I'd prob get stuck with the customs more often than not, it could still work out well, unless fedex shipping is REALLY out there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Awesome thread all round guys, and a couple of people touched on something I'm very interested in, that being delivery from US sites. can you generally get stuff delivered from sites like newegg to fedex dropoff points, and then onto ireland?

Realising I'd prob get stuck with the customs more often than not, it could still work out well, unless fedex shipping is REALLY out there

As was said earlier, there are people who offer this as a service(google) but the chances are still there it could get stopped by customs.. I usually order stuff from ebay in the US. Everything I've gotten via USPS comes in duty free... Fed Ex, DHL etc all have their own customs checks so ur deffo gonna get charged with them.

What I said earlier about getting stuff sent to Fed Ex points etc only makes sense if ur gonna be in America to collect it, otherwise ud have to get Fed Ex to send it onto you and they're gonna collect the customs charges. Last thing u want as all these companies charge you on top of the customs charge...

What I've started doing recently is getting stuff sent to my cousin. Shipping within the us is usually free from online stores.. He then just sticks it in the post to me... :p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

I have a US PO Box with www.myus.com Really handy for buying stuff on Amazon.com or Ebay and other sites that dont ship to Ireland. Yearly premium membership is $60 and they ship via Fedex/DHL and a 10kg parcel costs around $120 to ship. It really saved my ass in Xmas 2007 when I couldn't find a Nintendo DS anywhere in Ireland, got it on Amazon.com for €100 with free game ;)

DonJose wrote: »
    I have a US PO Box with www.myus.com Really handy for buying stuff on Amazon.com or Ebay and other sites that dont ship to Ireland. Yearly premium membership is $60 and they ship via Fedex/DHL and a 10kg parcel costs around $120 to ship. It really saved my ass in Xmas 2007 when I couldn't find a Nintendo DS anywhere in Ireland, got it on Amazon.com for €100 with free game ;)

Hey, now that's an excellent resource.... dont see shipping options with USPS though... so you would be caught for customs....:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

unklerosco wrote: »
    As was said earlier, there are people who offer this as a service(google) but the chances are still there it could get stopped by customs.. I usually order stuff from ebay in the US. Everything I've gotten via USPS comes in duty free... Fed Ex, DHL etc all have their own customs checks so ur deffo gonna get charged with them.
    Same here, no charge via USPS. I think the woman I heard of gave you the choice of who you want to use. Also I would say she might use some tricks if you wanted. e.g. unpack your goods, stick them all in a box with a personal letter as though you left them there or something.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055204527

• Registered Users Posts: 54,004 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

just wondering could someone give me some advice

i looking to buy some furniture from ikea in belfast

im not driving for 4hrs to belfast, so im wondering could i get a courier
    to go and collect it, if i get ikea belfast to agree
    plus iv no idea how to get there anyway

i rang ikea and was quoted a price of 100 pound to deliver to ireland

so thats out of the questions

any recommendations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

Ikea belfast is beside belfast city airport,
    but remember Ikea in ballymun dublin is supposedly opening it's doors in feburary, so this might be a better option for you

• Registered Users Posts: 54,004 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

signman12 wrote: »
    Ikea belfast is beside belfast city airport,
    but remember Ikea in ballymun dublin is supposedly opening it's doors in feburary, so this might be a better option for you

but i heard it could be late 2009 for dublin ikea?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭signman12

sorry just read ikea's press release

"Company sources said it would be ready to trade feburary 2009. However, its opening date could be held up until January 2010, because of delays completing the upgrade to the M50motorway."

it would be nice to see actual work going on to finish the m50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

Thanks OP. I've been on the look out for a micro hifi with DAB and found my options limited because Pixmania.ie doesn't list DAB sets and Amazon and the sellers on it rarely ship to Ireland. Superfi.co.uk do deliver to Ireland for £30 and comwales.com for £25 (but they don't list any DAB sets). If I get my micro hifi using your approach I'll make sure to post again in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I wonder where the cheapest dell store is in the EU? You might have to find the right combination, a country with cheap post/couriers and cheap goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,129 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

rubadub wrote: »
    I wonder where the cheapest dell store is in the EU? You might have to find the right combination, a country with cheap post/couriers and cheap goods.

you mean goods are cheaper in other EU countries?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭super_freddie

Hi,

Some very useful info on this thread already!!

A specific query in relation to eBay though... a lot of auctions won't let you bid if your eBay registered address is in Ireland e.g. if the auction has UK as the only shipping destination. Any way around this?

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

Hi,

Some very useful info on this thread already!!

A specific query in relation to eBay though... a lot of auctions won't let you bid if your eBay registered address is in Ireland e.g. if the auction has UK as the only shipping destination. Any way around this?

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

Email the seller beforehand and ask them to add u as a bidder or else change ur address to a UK one.. I've a UK, Irish and US address on my account. I can just go in n swap em over when I go to bid...

Thanks for that unklerosco. I've tried emailing the seller a couple of times but invariably they just don't bother modifying the auction especially if they're getting sufficient bids already...

In relation to having a UK / Irish / US address ... I know you can have more than one shipping address, but can you have more than one registration address? I was trying to do that but couldn't figure out how you could do it. Also, does it have to be a valid address in the particular country?

Thanks,
    super_freddie.

Nope for the UK just change ur country to UK and add a UK postcode..

Cheers ... and for the US, just a valid US ZIP code?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 dealhunter

I know of a service similar to this between the Northern Irl and the Republic. Had a monthly shop from Sainsburys delivered for €20 to Dublin saved a packet. Then used the service to get a TV delivered for €40 and saved €250 on the same TV in power city!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭pcolan

dealhunter wrote: »
    I know of a service similar to this between the Northern Irl and the Republic. Had a monthly shop from Sainsburys delivered for €20 to Dublin saved a packet. Then used the service to get a TV delivered for €40 and saved €250 on the same TV in power city!!!

Any links? :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭ukgalwaymcguire

hey dealhunter link that one up.. been in galway since august and do i miss ASDA,, they are so so cheap.. but thats about the only thing i do miss about england lol...

as for ebay just add a uk post code that works, and ikea dublin all the signs were up last week, it looks basically completed..

oh yeah i miss ikea.. lol,, used ikea as a creche when my kids were little lol
    live 5 mins from the croydon one, they loved the creche and its free!!!
    and baby food is free in ikea (jars)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭clint_silver

AFAIK, IKEA in Ballymun cant open until the M50 upgrade has its 3 lanes in place. I would imagine they would need to be completed from Finglas to the M1. Contact M50 people (NRA?) to see what stage thats at and youll get a good idea of when IDEA will open

Stories abound of IKEA contributing for the 3 lanes to finish early but you wouldnt know how true that is.

hey dealhunter link that one up.. been in galway since august and do i miss ASDA,, they are so so cheap.. but thats about the only thing i do miss about england lol...

as for ebay just add a uk post code that works, and ikea dublin all the signs were up last week, it looks basically completed..

oh yeah i miss ikea.. lol,, used ikea as a creche when my kids were little lol
    live 5 mins from the croydon one, they loved the creche and its free!!!
    and baby food is free in ikea (jars)

Only have the flyer as an attachment, mail me and will forward it on that way to you

Hi Guys,

Just by means of an update.....

Received my delivery yesterday, so that was good going... they picked up on Friday and arrived Tuesday. No extra charges etc.

One tip though... in order to track the parcel, the pickup driver leaves the tracking/shipment number with the person he picks up the package from. I managed to get it through customer service in TransGlobalExpress fairly quickly as they rang DHL directly on my behalf and came back within the hour by email. (you get a reference number under your accound when you log into the website, but it is not the tracking no)

So, 1st time using this, and I will DEFFO use this service in future!

ps. Kudos to TransGlobalExpress - they honestly couldnt be any nicer, very quick to respond, and offer a fantastic service.

Dealhunter > can you pass on the details of that crowd servicing NI?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

just wondering could someone give me some advice

i looking to buy some furniture from ikea in belfast

im not driving for 4hrs to belfast, so im wondering could i get a courier
    to go and collect it, if i get ikea belfast to agree
    plus iv no idea how to get there anyway

i rang ikea and was quoted a price of 100 pound to deliver to ireland

so thats out of the questions

any recommendations

Ikea Edinburgh will take orders over the phone and deliver and they are very little dearer for delivery then Belfast and they only ship once everything is in stock.

Belfast delivery is based on weight, two large wardrobes were 200 pounds not 100 pounds. We were quoted 100 pounds on the phone for 2 pallets and no mention that it could be more.

TBH, I would have ordered from Edinburgh had I known it was going to be 200 pounds delivery.

(Apologies for typos, sick baby in my arms as I type)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Why didn't you just say that it was your own business that offered the service?

Hidden self promotion like this is a pain in a ass.

Bluetonic - It was nothing untoward I am still getting to get grips the etiquette of the various forums and just do not wish to be barred. A degree of self promotion that maybe of benefit/interest to other posters is surely a good thing..?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Bluetonic - It was nothing untoward I am still getting to get grips the etiquette of the various forums and just do not wish to be barred. A degree of self promotion that maybe of benefit/interest to other posters is surely a good thing..?

Promoting yourself by pretending to be a satisfied customer is being deceptive. That's not the kind of promotion any business needs nor that any customer appreciates.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Anybody know the best site or service to use for sending from Berlin, Germany to Dublin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ric516

Anyone tried buying clarks on the uk site and had them sent to a uk address and then to eire (with the help of a friend)?

Advertisement