Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lions XV anyone?

Options
  • 06-01-2009 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Who should start for the Lions against the Boks? What do you think of my team? (Realistically only capped players of getting into the first XV)

15 Lee Byrne
    14 Shane Williams
    13 Gavin Henson
    12 Brian O' Driscoll
    11 Geordan Murphy
    10 Ronan O' Gara
    9 Mike Blair

1 Andrew Sheridan
    2 Jerry Flannery
    3 Euan Murray
    4 Alun Wyn Jones
    5 Paul O' Connell (My pick as captain)
    6 Ryan Jones
    7 Martin Williams
    8 David Wallace

Bench
    16 John Hayes
    17 Lee Mears
    18 Steve Borthwick
    19 Andy Powell
    20 Danny Care
    21 James Hook
    22 Keith Earls
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭JohnButler

No Shane Williams? Stopped reading after that..sorry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

Not a bad team. Sheridan and flannery are no where near there best this season.

Stephen jones at 10 for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

I'm guessing you're Irish OP?

/joke.... kinda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Not a chance i would have O'Gara in at 10. Stephen Jones should start at 10

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

JohnButler wrote: »
    No Shane Williams? Stopped reading after that..sorry!!

well you got further than me, i got as far as 13) henson!!

here is my off the top of the head attempt:

15. Lee Byrne
    14. Ugo Monye
    13. BOD
    12. Hook
    11. Shane Williams

10. Stephen Jones
    9. Mike Blair

1. Andrew Sheridan
    2. Flannery
    3. Matt Stevens
    4. Paul O'Connell
    5. Alun Wyn Jones
    6. Stephen Ferris
    7. Martyn Williams
    8. David Wallace

So thats 6 Welshmen, 3 Englishmen, 5 Irishmen and 1 Scot.

Subs:

16. Euan Murray
    17. Ross Ford
    18. Donnacha O'Callaghan
    19. Ryan Jones
    20. Danny Care
    21. Tom Shanklin
    22. Rob Kearney

People I wanted in but couldn't fit:

Andy Powell, Peel, James Haskell.

Its tough. That team looks a little light weight to me...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭sm.org

Sorry but have any of you actually seen Sheridan play this year ??

I've seen lots of pundits put him in their teams and he hasn't played well since the WC. He was battered in the AI's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

1.Murray
    2.Ford
    3.Stevens
    4.AW.Jones
    5.Hines
    6.Ferris/A Hogg
    7.M Williams/J Barkley/S Armitage
    8.Andy Powell/D.Wallace
    9.M Blair (C)/D Care
    10.S Jones/Hook/ ????
    11.Williams
    12.Roberts (Pending a successful recovery)/G Henson (Ugh)
    13.D Armitage
    14.Monye/M Jones
    15.Byrne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lasher1980

Can t have a Lions Team without Williams - he was just named player of the year!

15. Lee Byrne
    14. Geordan Murphy
    13. BOD
    12. Barkley
    11. Shane Williams

10. James Hook
    9. Mike Blair - Captain

1. Euan Murray
    2. Flannery
    3. Matt Stevens
    4. Paul O'Connell
    5. Ryan Jones
    6. Stephen Ferris
    7. Martyn Williams
    8. Jamie Heaslip

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Lasher1980 wrote: »
    Can t have a Lions Team without Williams - he was just named player of the year!

15. Lee Byrne
    14. Geordan Murphy
    13. BOD
    12. Barkley
    11. Shane Williams

10. James Hook
    9. Mike Blair - Captain

1. Euan Murray
    2. Flannery
    3. Matt Stevens
    4. Paul O'Connell
    5. Ryan Jones
    6. Stephen Ferris
    7. Martyn Williams
    8. Jamie Heaslip[/QUOTE]

These three will more then likely go missing if they play against SA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Lasher1980 wrote: »

15. Lee Byrne
    14. Geordan Murphy
    13. BOD
    12. Barkley
    11. Shane Williams

10. James Hook
    9. Mike Blair - Captain

1. Euan Murray
    2. Flannery
    3. Matt Stevens
    4. Paul O'Connell
    5. Ryan Jones
    6. Stephen Ferris
    7. Martyn Williams
    8. Jamie Heaslip

Heaslip over Wallace and Powell?? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭corny

Lots of time between now and then. The 6 Nations will sort out a good few positions. Think Ferris will nail down the 6 jersey though you never know with the coaches accomodating R Jones. Maybe Cipriani might get the finger out for England too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,209 ✭✭✭Goose81

Who should start for the Lions against the Boks? What do you think of my team? (Realistically only capped players of getting into the first XV)

15 Lee Byrne
    14 Shane Williams
    13 Gavin Henson
    12 Brian O' Driscoll
    11 Geordan Murphy
    10 Ronan O' Gara
    9 Mike Blair

1 Andrew Sheridan
    2 Jerry Flannery
    3 Euan Murray
    4 Alun Wyn Jones
    5 Paul O' Connell (My pick as captain)
    6 Ryan Jones
    7 Martin Williams
    8 David Wallace

Bench
    16 John Hayes
    17 Lee Mears
    18 Steve Borthwick
    19 Andy Powell
    20 Danny Care
    21 James Hook
    22 Keith Earls

What a joke.You have earls over kearney,who btw already has a plane ticket.One of the best 12's in the world at 13 and one of the best 13's in the world at 12.

Flannery wont get near the team.
    O'gara wont start and David Wallace over the biggest revalation this year powell.

John Hayes probably wont even tour.

1.Murray
    2.Ford
    3.Stevens
    4 A W Jones
    5.Poc
    6.R Jones (C)
    7.M Williams
    8.Andy Powell
    9.M Blair
    10.S Jones
    11.Williams
    12.Henson
    13.O'Driscoll
    14.Monye/Kearney/Sackey.
    15.Byrne

I would personally have Kearney over byrne cause I think hes better but unless he is played there in every 6 nations game it wont happen.Although McGeechan already saw him **** all over Wasps and from reports he is a fan.So you never know.

3 Irish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭barnesd

What do you think of my team?

It's nearly as bad as your attempt at picking the Irish team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

barnesd wrote: »

Agreed

Keith Earls in the Lions 22??? Seriously?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Moncti48

We may be deep into another ice cold winter but the race for places in the British and Lions squad is certainly hotting up.
    In a week where Ulster stunned Munster and Leicester battled back to beat Bath, there are plenty of faces new and old putting themselves in the frame for a seat on the plane to South Africa.
    Mike Phillips made a successful return to action for Ospreys by scoring a try in their crucial Magners League derby victory over Scarlets at Liberty Stadium.
    Elsewhere, a virtuoso display from Ian Humphreys at Thomond Park sees the Ulster fly-half make his debut in the skysports.com XV.
    As ever there will be plenty of you who agree and fervently disagree with these selections, but don't worry there is an opportunity to vent your anger (or maybe even pleasure) on the feedback form below.
    Let us know your views...
    15 Ben Foden

A superb individual score from the Northampton No.15 capped off another fine performance from the Englishman on Saturday as he continues his outside charge for a Lions place.

14 Topsy Ojo

It was a tough call on the wing this week, but Ojo was a constant threat at the Madejski Stadium against Newcastle on Saturday and also topped off his performance with a try as London Irish powered to the top of the Guinness Premeirship.

13 Luke Fitzgerald

The young Irishman gave the Lions selectors another reminder of his abilities by scoring his fifth league try of the season to help Leinster come from behind to beat Connacht on Friday night.

12 Ben Cairns

Another man with a score to his name this weekend was Edinburgh flyer Cairns. The versatile Scottish back is another man who will be looking to press a strong claim for a seat on the plane.

11 Lee Byrne

In my opinion, the Ospreys star may as well have his bags packed already for the trip to South Africa. Byrne finished 2008 with a flourish as he touched down for his second Magners League try of the season in the Ospreys' hard-fought win at Cardiff.

10 Ian Humpreys

After inspiring Ulster to a sensational victory at Thomond Park on Saturday, Humphreys is good value for his place in the XV. The Irishman booted 12 points for his side in a man-of-the-match display against the reigning European champions.

9 Mike Phillips

The Wales scrum-half reintroduced himself to the Ospreys supporters in style as he crossed the line in the Magners League leaders' 20-6 win over the Scarlets. Let the race for the number nine jersey begin.

1 Phil Vickery

Vickery is the only Wasps representative in this week's starting XV, but his power was the key in the London outfit's vital 24-18 win over Harlequins at Adams Park.

2 Dylan Hartley

Onlooking England scrum coach Graham Rowntree will have liked what he saw at Franklin's Gardens as Hartley shone in Saints' 30-8 win over Bristol on Saturday.

3 Euan Murray

Could we be seeing two Saints line-up in the Lions front row this summer? It is a distinct possibility based on this weekend's displays. Scotsman Murray was impressive in the scrum and with ball in hand as Northampton brushed past Bristol.

4 Alun Wyn-Jones

The Ospreys second row Wyn-Jones looks all-but nailed on to claim the Lions number four jersey. The Welshman was at his bullish best as the Scarlets were rolled over at Liberty Stadium on December 27.

5 Stephen Ferris

Although Humphreys grabbed the headlines for his heroics at Thomond Park, it was Ferris who was the driving force behind the win. The blindside flanker is quickly becoming a near certainty to face the Boks in June.

6 Tom Croft

A match-winning doubly-try salvo from Croft inspired Tigers to a crucial 24-22 win over Bath on Sunday. The powerful flanker was strong in both attack and defence and has started 2009 with a bang.

7 John Barclay

The uncompromising Scotsman showed glimpses of his best as he drove the Warriors to a morale-boosting win over Edinburgh on Friday night. The battle for places at openside is as fierce as any other position but McGeechan could well bank on Barclay.

8 Andy Powell

It may not have been a winning weekend, but it seldom has been for Cardiff in the Magners League this season. Despite the Blues' 16-12 reverse to the Ospreys, Powell put in another impressive shift as he continues to shine at number eight.

Unlucky to miss out

Olly Morgan, Simon Webster, Ugo Monye, James Hook, Stephen Jones, Danny Cipriani, Dan Parks, Danny Care, James Haskell, Ryan Jones, Geordan Murphy, Olly Barkley, Shane Geraghty, Steffon Armitage, Richard Hibbard.

(NOT MY TEAM)SkySports .com lions team of the week!!!

Only a few Surprises in there. Ferris at 5 and Humprheys at OH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Lasher1980

I see Wallace as a no 7, and he is not as good a no 7 as Martyn Williams.
    Heaslip has been fantastic for Ireland, his ball carrying, power and athleticism around the park are vital against SA, who, lets be honest, are just going to be 8 massive forwards trying to knock the cr*p out of us.

O Connell will be up for it after the last Lions, when they all played Woodwards crazy tactics, and will be keen to make amends this time, lets not forget that apart from Matfield POC has been the best lock in the world for the past 3 years, and Ryan Jones, once again, big physical player who carries the ball well in contact.

I think our main problem, as always, will be with no 10 and 12. Hopefully will be clearer after the 6 nations. Hunch that the McGeechan/Wasps factor could lead to Danny Cipriani and Riki Flutey being involved? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭crisco10

Moncti48 wrote: »
    We may be deep into another ice cold winter but the race for places in the British and Lions squad is certainly hotting up.
    In a week where Ulster stunned Munster and Leicester battled back to beat Bath, there are plenty of faces new and old putting themselves in the frame for a seat on the plane to South Africa.
    Mike Phillips made a successful return to action for Ospreys by scoring a try in their crucial Magners League derby victory over Scarlets at Liberty Stadium.
    Elsewhere, a virtuoso display from Ian Humphreys at Thomond Park sees the Ulster fly-half make his debut in the skysports.com XV.
    As ever there will be plenty of you who agree and fervently disagree with these selections, but don't worry there is an opportunity to vent your anger (or maybe even pleasure) on the feedback form below.
    Let us know your views...
    15 Ben Foden

A superb individual score from the Northampton No.15 capped off another fine performance from the Englishman on Saturday as he continues his outside charge for a Lions place.

14 Topsy Ojo

It was a tough call on the wing this week, but Ojo was a constant threat at the Madejski Stadium against Newcastle on Saturday and also topped off his performance with a try as London Irish powered to the top of the Guinness Premeirship.

13 Luke Fitzgerald

The young Irishman gave the Lions selectors another reminder of his abilities by scoring his fifth league try of the season to help Leinster come from behind to beat Connacht on Friday night.

12 Ben Cairns

Another man with a score to his name this weekend was Edinburgh flyer Cairns. The versatile Scottish back is another man who will be looking to press a strong claim for a seat on the plane.

11 Lee Byrne

In my opinion, the Ospreys star may as well have his bags packed already for the trip to South Africa. Byrne finished 2008 with a flourish as he touched down for his second Magners League try of the season in the Ospreys' hard-fought win at Cardiff.

10 Ian Humpreys

After inspiring Ulster to a sensational victory at Thomond Park on Saturday, Humphreys is good value for his place in the XV. The Irishman booted 12 points for his side in a man-of-the-match display against the reigning European champions.

9 Mike Phillips

The Wales scrum-half reintroduced himself to the Ospreys supporters in style as he crossed the line in the Magners League leaders' 20-6 win over the Scarlets. Let the race for the number nine jersey begin.

1 Phil Vickery

Vickery is the only Wasps representative in this week's starting XV, but his power was the key in the London outfit's vital 24-18 win over Harlequins at Adams Park.

2 Dylan Hartley

Onlooking England scrum coach Graham Rowntree will have liked what he saw at Franklin's Gardens as Hartley shone in Saints' 30-8 win over Bristol on Saturday.

3 Euan Murray

Could we be seeing two Saints line-up in the Lions front row this summer? It is a distinct possibility based on this weekend's displays. Scotsman Murray was impressive in the scrum and with ball in hand as Northampton brushed past Bristol.

4 Alun Wyn-Jones

The Ospreys second row Wyn-Jones looks all-but nailed on to claim the Lions number four jersey. The Welshman was at his bullish best as the Scarlets were rolled over at Liberty Stadium on December 27.

5 Stephen Ferris

Although Humphreys grabbed the headlines for his heroics at Thomond Park, it was Ferris who was the driving force behind the win. The blindside flanker is quickly becoming a near certainty to face the Boks in June.

6 Tom Croft

A match-winning doubly-try salvo from Croft inspired Tigers to a crucial 24-22 win over Bath on Sunday. The powerful flanker was strong in both attack and defence and has started 2009 with a bang.

7 John Barclay

The uncompromising Scotsman showed glimpses of his best as he drove the Warriors to a morale-boosting win over Edinburgh on Friday night. The battle for places at openside is as fierce as any other position but McGeechan could well bank on Barclay.

8 Andy Powell

It may not have been a winning weekend, but it seldom has been for Cardiff in the Magners League this season. Despite the Blues' 16-12 reverse to the Ospreys, Powell put in another impressive shift as he continues to shine at number eight.

Unlucky to miss out

Olly Morgan, Simon Webster, Ugo Monye, James Hook, Stephen Jones, Danny Cipriani, Dan Parks, Danny Care, James Haskell, Ryan Jones, Geordan Murphy, Olly Barkley, Shane Geraghty, Steffon Armitage, Richard Hibbard.

(NOT MY TEAM)SkySports .com lions team of the week!!!

Only a few Surprises in there. Ferris at 5 and Humprheys at OH

Is that sky team not more of a team of the week? I have half followed it and as far as I can see, it doesn't really take into account overall form. For instance, you could score a hat-trick in weeks 1,2 and 3 but then not be picked in the Sky Sports team in week 4..Just because you didnt score that week.

I think Humphs at OH kind of shows its a "team of the week"..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Moncti48

crisco10 wrote: »
    Is that sky team not more of a team of the week? I have half followed it and as far as I can see, it doesn't really take into account overall form. For instance, you could score a hat-trick in weeks 1,2 and 3 but then not be picked in the Sky Sports team in week 4..Just because you didnt score that week.

I think Humphs at OH kind of shows its a "team of the week"..

It is team of the week , but they have it marked as possible xv for the lions. I no some of it is crap, but i was just interested to see the positions they had certain people playing at. E.g Ferris at 5.

Also Kearney didnt get a mention yet 3 of the players on this team went of injured after 20 mins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Webbs

15 Byrne
    14 Kearney
    13 BOD
    12 Henson
    11 Williams
    10 Jones/Hook
    9 Blair/Phillips
    8 Heaslip
    7 Williams
    6 Jones
    5 POC
    4 AWJones
    3 Stevens
    2 Ford
    1 Murray

Subs
    Wallace
    Ocallaghan
    Jenkins
    Flannery
    Sackey
    Hook
    Phillips

7 Welsh, 4 Irish, 3 Scots, 1 Eng

Problem is is that there is only one English in that team and they wont pick a Lions team without at least 2 so I think they will put Sackey in instead of Kearney.

Still not sure about BOD, but experience is crucial on Lions tours and if he can bury the hatchet with Henson I think it would be a formidable centre pairing with Henson offering the target and offloads that would let BOD do what he does best.

The half backs will be played like Wales are doing in that they will have two pairings to swap when necessary as a unit.

Powell I would be still very suspicious of - he can blow very cold for Cardiff (as he did over Xmas games) and is a bit of a penalty machine a la Quinlan, so for that reason would go with Heaslip, but the 6N will give much clearer idea, as a Powell on Autumn international form would be much needed against the SA back row, though am sure most on here would be apoplectic at thought of all welsh back row (though in my opinion it does offer the best balance)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

barnesd wrote: »

Back up your opinion Mr Critic. What's your XV?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

Goose81 wrote: »
    What a joke.You have earls over kearney,who btw already has a plane ticket.One of the best 12's in the world at 13 and one of the best 13's in the world at 12.

Flannery wont get near the team.
    O'gara wont start and David Wallace over the biggest revalation this year powell.

John Hayes probably wont even tour.

1.Murray
    2.Ford
    3.Stevens
    4 A W Jones
    5.Poc
    6.R Jones (C)
    7.M Williams
    8.Andy Powell
    9.M Blair
    10.S Jones
    11.Williams
    12.Henson
    13.O'Driscoll
    14.Monye/Kearney/Sackey.
    15.Byrne

I would personally have Kearney over byrne cause I think hes better but unless he is played there in every 6 nations game it wont happen.Although McGeechan already saw him **** all over Wasps and from reports he is a fan.So you never know.

3 Irish

henson hasnt done anything this season to warrant a place on the tour, he will have to put in a massive 6n before that changes.

byrne is a brilliant talent and unless they get head to head in the 6n then i cant see kearney getting into the first team

and you 12/13 issue, watch where they play, not what number they wear, it has been shown that DOB doesnt have the pace for a 13 in internationl rugby but is a very good 12.

leamy is due back this friday for munster, after missing a lot of the season if he stays injury free he will have a lot to say about who wears 6 not just for ireland but for the lions.

and its near impossible to pick the lions, there is the obvions bias that will be towards the engligh players but the 6n is where players are going to get their foot in the door, we may be better speculating when the first 6n game is over

r_obric wrote: »
    henson hasnt done anything this season to warrant a place on the tour, he will have to put in a massive 6n before that changes.

byrne is a brilliant talent and unless they get head to head in the 6n then i cant see kearney getting into the first team

and you 12/13 issue, watch where they play, not what number they wear, it has been shown that DOB doesnt have the pace for a 13 in internationl rugby but is a very good 12.

leamy is due back this friday for munster, after missing a lot of the season if he stays injury free he will have a lot to say about who wears 6 not just for ireland but for the lions.

and its near impossible to pick the lions, there is the obvions bias that will be towards the engligh players but the 6n is where players are going to get their foot in the door, we may be better speculating when the first 6n game is over

henson is easily the best 12 in europe and he will defo be picked if fit.

I have posted videos to show that bod still has pace but no doubt you havent watched them.

Leamy wont get near the lions 1st team.It will be Jones or Ferris.

Bod is not a good 12,he cannot kick and they dont switch around like everyone says.The do it a bit but for 90% of playing time in games Bod is 13.

And when they do switch its in defence,not attack.So that Bod can help defend O'garas channel.
    Bod is always outside in attack.

And you rarely see Bod at 12 for leinster.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

I can see turner-hall from quins having a say in the team if he gets a few runs in the 6 nations. I also predict that powell wont make the matchday 22. I think hes being found out a bit and could be outclassed in the 6N, watch this space.

I have posted videos to show that bod still has pace but no doubt you havent watched them.

Bod is not a good 12,he cannot kick and they dont switch around like everyone says.The do it a bit but for 90% of playing time in games Bod is 13.

And when they do switch its in defence,not attack.

Well my god, a poster who I agree completely with!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I think the Lions coaches will go for players with pace with a bit of power in the backs
    15 Rob Kearney
    14 Shane Horgan - yes i know, but I think once he gets fully fit he'll kick on
    13 Brian O'Driscoll - they'll pick him on rep alone although he'll prove himself worthy
    12 Henson
    11 Williams
    10 Cipriani
    9 Eoin Reddan - McGeechan opts for his club's half backs (I don't think Reddan will deserve it but I can see it happening)
    1 G Jenkins
    2 J Flannery (could be Dylan Hartley if he could keep his discipline cos they'll need a bit of aggro against S Africa)
    3 E Murray
    4 Wyn Jones
    5 O'Connell
    6 Ferris
    7 M Williams (I think he'll retire after the tour)
    8 Ryan Jones

I picked the team on who I think will be in form during the summer rather than looking at players' performances in the autumn tests

jdivision wrote: »
    I think the Lions coaches will go for players with pace with a bit of power in the backs
    15 Rob Kearney
    14 Shane Horgan - yes i know, but I think once he gets fully fit he'll kick on
    13 Brian O'Driscoll - they'll pick him on rep alone although he'll prove himself worthy
    12 Henson
    11 Williams
    10 Cipriani
    9 Eoin Reddan - McGeechan opts for his club's half backs (I don't think Reddan will deserve it but I can see it happening)
    1 G Jenkins
    2 J Flannery (could be Dylan Hartley if he could keep his discipline cos they'll need a bit of aggro against S Africa)
    3 E Murray
    4 Wyn Jones
    5 O'Connell
    6 Ferris
    7 M Williams (I think he'll retire after the tour)
    8 Ryan Jones

I picked the team on who I think will be in form during the summer rather than looking at players' performances in the autumn tests

If its aggro they want then hartleys the man! :eek::P
    Would hate to see that scumbag going on a lions tour, but it probably will happen alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

15. Kearney
    14. Ojo
    13. O'Driscoll
    12. Hook
    11. S. Williams
    10. Jones
    9. Blair (Capt)

1. Vickery
    2. Best
    3. Stevens
    4. Alun Wyn Jones
    5. O'Connell
    6. Jones
    7. M Williams
    8. Wallace

Feckin hell that's a tough team to pick!! And for all the wrong reasons!!

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

And when they do switch its in defence,not attack.So that Bod can help defend O'garas channel.

And you rarely see Bod at 12 for leinster.

if henson is such a good 12 why is he not playing there, he is playing 15 of late with the ospreys.

im not saying another word on the BOD issue, with the over-censorship that goes on around here by over zelous
    moderators, im not getting banned again im running out of email adresses to use

again let the 6n decide who gets the nod at 6, im a big fan of ferris, but if leamy is right he is way more dynamic and the type of player you need for dirty matches

r_obric wrote: »
    if henson is such a good 12 why is he not playing there, he is playing 15 of late with the ospreys.

im not saying another word on the BOD issue, with the over-censorship that goes on around here by over zelous
    moderators, im not getting banned again im running out of email adresses to use

again let the 6n decide who gets the nod at 6, im a big fan of ferris, but if leamy is right he is way more dynamic and the type of player you need for dirty matches

Banned again?

Henson isnt playing 12 because they have settled and he needs fitness.Warren gatland will pick him at 12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭barnesd

Henson played once at 15 for an Ospreys team screwed by injury, it was a simple case of getting all their fit players on the pitch. He's definitely not a winger so 15 it was.

Advertisement