Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Martin Adams "England Captain"

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Bull wrote: »
    Good man Martin,:rolleyes: what a TOooooooooooooool, i am glad they wont be inviting the ungratefull bollox in the future. thats just plain stupid, turning down £4000 like that or is it £5000 this year?, (each Player is garanteed £4000 just for playin the first round of games). :confused:

Tone down the abuse a little bit there The Bull. Whatever about Adams reasons for not playing and whether you agree with it or not he does have the right to do so and calling him a tool and ungrateful bollox is a bit much. There is no need for that kind of abuse on the forum.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Evolution Enter

Well, I've been a 'sports entertainment' or wrestling fan for the past 20 years and Martin Adams is way off base describing PDC darts along those lines

Do Barney and Taylor plan out there games for dramatic purposes? I can just see them before their premier league match

"Hey Barney, you attempt a nine darter, then appear to lose interest only to hit a 161 finish to let everyone know how good you are. Then I finish the game off as winner"

This isn't Triple H, it's Phil Taylor (btw I'm a huge Triple H fan)

I agree with Adams when he says it's completely his choice where he plays, and it's not up to anyone else. But don't make a big deal about PDC v BDO if, as a professional competitor and sportsman, his actions can speak far louder than his words!

Real Madrid and Man Utd both claim they play in the best soccer leagues in the World, doesn't stop them going up against each other in the Champions League!!

Ah, hopefully someone in the BDO will pick up a leaving cert students Business text book and spot the word marketing....and whether they like it or not they are going to have to update their product

The BDO has a superior structure and contributes far more to darts than the PDC, but with their biggest names outside of Adam's constantly leaving, pretty soon they will be seen as little more than a way to progress to PDC

Once Barney left the BDO, they should have realised they were facing little more tha becoming the distant second tier

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Tone down the abuse a little bit there The Bull. Whatever about Adams reasons for not playing and whether you agree with it or not he does have the right to do so and calling him a tool and ungrateful bollox is a bit much. There is no need for that kind of abuse on the forum.

Cheers

All right i guess i am a bit over the top with the bollox comment and ungratefull tool, but this just really annoyes me that he wont attempt to take on the best, but is content to measures his own standards of success against the other bdo players that are in my opionin a division lower than the PDC with the expection of 2 or 3 maybe.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The Bull wrote: »
    All right i guess i am a bit over the top with the bollox comment and ungratefull tool, but this just really annoyes me that he wont attempt to take on the best, but is content to measures his own standards of success against the other bdo players that are in my opionin a division lower than the PDC with the expection of 2 or 3 maybe.

Oh I agree, Adams will always be remembered as a top darts player but he will never be up there with the best simply because he has never done well in a tournament which contains all of the best players. I can understand his loyalty but I know if it was me I would always regret the fact that I never took on and beat the best in the world. His decision baffles me really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭whaaames

NeoRox wrote: »
    Contradict yourself much, I follow darts, both PDC and BDO, both have excellent players. Phil Taylor is my favourite player, yes, but he has been since 1990, I jump on nobody's bandwagon.

You are saying that Martin Adams is a world class player but not in the races with the PDC players, WTF,

No i wouldnt think so, and i truely believe that he wouldnt live with the big boys in the pdc, and im obviously talking about taylor, barney, wade, jenkins and even part, but i still say he's a serious player and i never said anything other than that, and he may well be a top class bloke but darts wise, and especially now if you are to be regarded as one of the best in the world you have to do it in the pdc because that's where the big boys are...

but yea i'd agree that he would be top 16 in the pdc because outside the top 8 or 10 in the pdc it's very open competition between the rest of the pdc and the bdo players, and i've always sadi i'd love to see adams in the pdc because the more competition the better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 grapy

according to what i heard at the scottish open over the weekend the reason martin adams snubbed the grand slam of darts is when he played for the pdc years ago when he was switching back to the bdo he was told by the pdc that he would not be made welcome in any tournament run by the pdc so he is right to snub the pdc if they are going to treat him unfairly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

grapy wrote: »
    according to what i heard at the scottish open over the weekend the reason martin adams snubbed the grand slam of darts is when he played for the pdc years ago when he was switching back to the bdo he was told by the pdc that he would not be made welcome in any tournament run by the pdc so he is right to snub the pdc if they are going to treat him unfairly

If thats the case why bother invite him at all, why invite him three years in a row? what were they goin to do, put salt in his coffee instead of sugar, ohhh thoses pdc boys are so bad, What, does he want to be made welcome, role out a red carpet, thats sounds like carp to me? if he wants a to be felt welcome or feels he'd be on his own, then let him buy a dog and bring him with him:D. (a poodle sound right for our martin;))

Advertisement