Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photographic Projects for 2009 ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

I have a few on the go already;

I hope to finish a project on Postmen and women , which is 2/5th finished and the rest more or less planned, .

I hope to go back and complete something on the displacement of people I started 3 yrs ago in the Golan Heights.

A project on the Bank Crisis that is in the conceptional stage and may need a collaborator later on.

A very risky collaboration between myself and a non-photographic person thats way outside the box. Won't say more at the moment as it's still a bit iffy.

Four or Five more in various states of conception, that may never be born. But, I do hope to get through another four or five projects in any event.

Add to that the normal "street photography" and hopefully a bit of nature stuff thrown in as well.

Somewhere in between, do a bit of work, study, eat and sleep .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭WexfordMusings

For me, as a previous poster said - take more photos. i just bought my first DSLR - A Nikon D60 - so will be doing portraits, trying out some archtectural pics and of course a lot more of urbex

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭merkuree

Explore more off the beaten track in my city and just shoot more.

A colleaugue at work just spent 5 days in Yosemite shooting the park at sunrise after fresh snow.....amazing shots.....but I have had enough of snow for a while....so maybe some B/W Yosemite in April and the playa in Death Valley in May or September...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

I'll be doing SoFoBoMo again round about April. And less of a photo taking project as such - but i reeeeally need to sort out my wedding portfolio.

At the moment I'm looking to get into something but i'm at a loss so I need to wait for inspiration to hit, in the meantime i suppose i'll just keep on wandering round shooting randomly...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭PaulieC

elven wrote: »
    I'll be doing SoFoBoMo again round about April. And less of a photo taking project as such - but i reeeeally need to sort out my wedding portfolio.

At the moment I'm looking to get into something but i'm at a loss so I need to wait for inspiration to hit, in the meantime i suppose i'll just keep on wandering round shooting randomly...

it's the waiting for inspiration bit that made me start this thread in the first place. I've started a list for myself of things I want to get done this year as I missed a few things last year...

• Advertisement

It's been said elsewhere recently that productivity helps creativity - that you're more likely to come up with something if you're just out shooting anyway - so the suggestion is to just start a casual project on something that interests you, and see where it goes. The photojojo suggestion of doing 30 images of a single subject is probably a good help in that case. But I just can't seem to decide what to shoot. I want to have that 'new eyes' feeling I got when i started using the holga lens...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

1) Buy a camera
    2) Take pictures

I've big plans for 09.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Pinhole? I'm sure Al has a few hundred pinhole cameras/lenses he could lend you! :pac:

Pinhole means patience - and *shudder* - a tripod! Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Zone plate ftw.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

My Rollei Pan 25 has clear emulsion for making the plate, want a new lens?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

elven wrote: »

They are beautiful.

Advertisement