Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feature tables at ipc and other events

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Van Dice

RoundTower wrote: »
    here's a possible solution

tell the networks and the sponsors to go and **** themselves if they want you to change the draw.

yeah i was going to say this, but i would have been more blunt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

• This is the only solution i can see to this prob and i think it will help me out as the Director and keep players and sponsors happy ...
    • If agreed in 2009 i the draw will be 100% Random , I will move players randomly from the next BB from table to table Randomly .
    • If Sponsors or Tv compnaies are on board we will rotate the whole feature table and move the named players whole table up to the feature therefore not affecting the game ..I think this is the way the irish open sorted the problem and we will do so also
    • If i have caused a problem with the way this was done this year i will 100% rectify the matter next year ..

This was the first year of featured tables for us and if any inconvience were caused in the tournamnent the book stops with me and i will listen and try do everything too help the game and the players and keep us all happy as i dont want this headache 4 months on

Neill K
    Tournament Director
    Ladbrokes Poker Fest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

Lol great minds think alike oscar
    It's hardly rocket science is it??

I can't understand how people don't automatically do this, there is absolutely no other option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭Wolves

Not wanting to start fights or anything but I know the moving of players in Killarney was not totally random. Fact.

First day table I was on was broken and everyone selected a seat card at random. Fair enough.

Second day table was broken and the guy doing in (btw it wasn't Neil himself) looked round the chip stacks and actually said "you have lots of chips you are going to the stage", then the rest picked seats randomly.

The player moved to the stage was me and i def. was not BB next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

5starpool wrote: »
    Not meaning to be smart here, but the tv coverage of the event showed practically no hands outside the final tabel (which was very brief as well. Was it not more like a documentary than anything? This being the case, why did the producers try to influence who was on a tv table that was never broadcast?

I'm scratching my head a bit here also, like the city west in june 2006, why was there feature so called tv tables in the first place when there wasn't any tv as such

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Wolves wrote: »
    Not wanting to start fights or anything but I know the moving of players in Killarney was not totally random. Fact.

First day table I was on was broken and everyone selected a seat card at random. Fair enough.

Second day table was broken and the guy doing in (btw it wasn't Neil himself) looked round the chip stacks and actually said "you have lots of chips you are going to the stage", then the rest picked seats randomly.

The player moved to the stage was me and i def. was not BB next.

I don't think anyone really believes it just happened with two players. just two specific players that Neil personally remembers.

It's also hilarious that Neil seemed to think hand picking players was wrong, but it was "within the rules if we waited till it was his big blind".

Hopefully he won't do it in future anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭dagunman

First of all i accept that the seat draw was random, but doing it my 4 lists was a joke. As I said all it takes is a basic piece of computer software to do it.
    Neil if you want Marty on the feature table, do a random draw and choose his table, its not rocket science, paddy power did it at the io last year.
    I am not sayen ur a cheat but some ppl could view your actions as so.
    What you did by removing a player from our table when we were 8 handed (this player was not in the bb) by removing a player from our table impacted negativley on my chances of winning the tournament.
    I think what you did was in the best interests of the tournaments and not the players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

dagunman wrote: »
    First of all i accept that the seat draw was random, but doing it my 4 lists was a joke. As I said all it takes is a basic piece of computer software to do it.
    Neil if you want Marty on the feature table, do a random draw and choose his table, its not rocket science, paddy power did it at the io last year.
    I am not sayen ur a cheat but some ppl could view your actions as so.
    What you did by removing a player from our table when we were 8 handed (this player was not in the bb) by removing a player from our table impacted negativley on my chances of winning the tournament.
    I think what you did was in the best interests of the tournaments and not the players.

Mistake made and accepted John

Will be rectified at the next event as i really dont want any probs with the event . This was the first so called feature table we have ran and we live and learn .

Do u want to be on the feature table next time i can sort it :p Just kiddin

Neill K

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

For future poker tv at tournaments i say just for once try to forget having tv feature tables altogether and style the tv element of it in a documentary style in a similar way to the way Million dollar deal was done. So your not actually showing any hands per se but the audience gets the feel of the poker all the same.

Just needs cameraman going around the floor with a shoulder camera looking on at the tables and edit in players tales etc later?. In my view this might be so much more fun and a change from the pristinely lit tv feature tables full of big names we see playing together all the time in all the other poker tv shows.

Advertisement