Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D4 hotels 20.09 euro per night

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me from what road i'll be entering the COURT hotel?

Here's a 3D picture of the hotels: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=swnwbvggdghq&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=29507724&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

I don't know if I enter from the Pembroke Road and drive around behind the towers/inn, or do I drive from the Lansdowne Road side? I need to be able to drive right up to the door to unload the luggage :p

Thanks folks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me from what road i'll be entering the COURT hotel?

Here's a 3D picture of the hotels: http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=swnwbvggdghq&style=b&lvl=1&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=29507724&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

I don't know if I enter from the Pembroke Road and drive around behind the towers/inn, or do I drive from the Lansdowne Road side? I need to be able to drive right up to the door to unload the luggage :p

Thanks folks

If you are heading from the city towards Ballsbridge swing left just before the old Jurys, drive down there a hundred yards and the Court is on your right. You can pull up right to the door there and there are a few parking spaces around there. It's more likely tho' for longer term parking you will have to go back up to the towers/inn car park

• Registered Users Posts: 10,207 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

TheBazman wrote: »
    If you are heading from the city towards Ballsbridge swing left just before the old Jurys, drive down there a hundred yards and the Court is on your right. You can pull up right to the door there and there are a few parking spaces around there. It's more likely tho' for longer term parking you will have to go back up to the towers/inn car park

Thanks for that. So i'll be driving down Lansdowne Road and the Court will be on my right, right? I just can't see anywhere on that map where I can drive in right up to the door... is it just the trees thats blocking the entrance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭d4hotels

Hi,

Was out at meeting so just getting to pms now. I am having a badly needed break from 2nt until tues and leaving the pc behind so will be out of action for few days.

Anyone coming to D4 Hotels today please be advised the snow is hitting Dublin in a big way today and roads are not great. If you cannot arr today and have a booking drop me pm and I will make sure you are not charged.

Pat

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Our party from work stayed in the old Jurys last night. Early bird in Roly's then a good night's natter in the bar.
    Hugely enjoyable.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Promised myself I would not go online until tues but on checking pms for just 1 min and thats it till tues.

So far I think I have been able to give a good price for 99% of requests. Have got a few requests for longterm stays. Weeks months etc. These can be difficult as we will have nights when we will be full, key events etc. I have no prob getting these requests but sometime it is not poss to do.

Thats me done for few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hope you posted that info in the separate thread for that offer....

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote: »
    Hope you posted that info in the separate thread for that offer....

I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Terrible experience is this hotel the other night, was absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of the receptionist when we arrived to the hotel!!! Had a good night in the end thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,016 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Imo, it would have been more appropriate for you to complain to the manager, rather than here.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

kmart6 wrote: »
    Terrible experience is this hotel the other night, was absolutely disgusted by the behaviour of the receptionist when we arrived to the hotel!!! Had a good night in the end thankfully.

Hi,

I try not to comment on most comments (the good ones to) as last thing I want is to get involved in is a slanging match but if anyone has had an issue please also send me pm with the details and I will follow up and guarantee I will get back to you.

Pat

esel wrote: »
    Imo, it would have been more appropriate for you to complain to the manager, rather than here.
    I know but we were rushing in the morning and wanted to avoid it when checking in to avoid blowing a gasket,lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I know but we were rushing in the morning and wanted to avoid it when checking in to avoid blowing a gasket,lol!

If there was an issue it needs to be dealt with at the time:) - im saying this as i used to work as a receptionist, often get people complaining weeks later when really its too late then the most that we can do is send a voucher and an apology
    posting on a website isnt going to resolve the issue - especially in bargain alerts
    You didnt even say what the issue was with the receptioinist

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

am staying with them during the week so can't comment on the hotels themselves until then, but the quick response to my pm, and confirmation by email from reception of my reservation was very impressive

dragonfly! wrote: »
    If there was an issue it needs to be dealt with at the time:) - im saying this as i used to work as a receptionist, often get people complaining weeks later when really its too late then the most that we can do is send a voucher and an apology
    posting on a website isnt going to resolve the issue - especially in bargain alerts
    You didnt even say what the issue was with the receptioinist
    No need to give a detailed account here as the hotel are aware of the issue in the entireity. Standing around for an hour generally leaves people to p1ssed off to have the patience to complain.

I work in a hotel and know how receptionists like to think that they have an extreme amount of power and like to make decisions they shouldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

I need to cancel my booking, how do I go about this? Too broke to do anything but stay at home at the mid-term!:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

lindtee wrote: »
    I need to cancel my booking, how do I go about this? Too broke to do anything but stay at home at the mid-term!:(:(

Just contact the hotel up to 48 hours before arrival and there should be no problem cancelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Just contact the hotel up to 48 hours before arrival and there should be no problem cancelling.

Thanks for that.

Gazza22 wrote: »

Hi,

You can cxl up to 2pm on day of arrival.

Pat

Hi,

Back from the beautiful Beara Peninsula. Did I find myself? No but I did learn not to get on a bicyle on a Feb night after a few pints. Have to get looking at my own emails now and then will relpy to pms.

Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭chalkitdown

Beara peninsula in February? You must be the hardy type!

Beara peninsula in February? You must be the hardy type!

Fool hardy?

Just an FYI the Hotels are sold out for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭technocrat

Hi Pat,

I presume the current special offer doesn't include breakfast ?
    I am thinking of booking a room for 2 nights for my parents who are coming up to Dublin next week.
    Do you offer a full breakfast service in the Ballsbridge Inn and what would the typical fry-up :D cost ??

Tks,

technocrat wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

I presume the current special offer doesn't include breakfast ?
    I am thinking of booking a room for 2 nights for my parents who are coming up to Dublin next week.
    Do you offer a full breakfast service in the Ballsbridge Inn and what would the typical fry-up :D cost ??

Tks,

Hi,

It is a room only offer. Breakfast is 13.95 in the Dubliner. PM me for room price for next week.

Have to head out for a few hours.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

I work in a hotel and know how receptionists like to think that they have an extreme amount of power and like to make decisions they shouldn't be.

that suggests very poor management....

It's generally across the board! Don't forrget manager's can't always be present, and in fact there is a very good management structure in our hotel....always one bad grape in a bunch etc....!

d4hotels wrote: »
    Hi,

I have extended the €39 special for Boards members for selected dates in Jan/Feb for 1 and 2 night stays.

Lets see how it goes.

Remember it has to be booked on www.d4hotels.ie and not by calling the Hotel direct. The password is BOARDS. All details on last post

Pat

Hi,

Have extended this to end of May with exception of some dates when we very busy.

Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

Hi Pat, Are single rooms priced at €39 or can they be cheaper? Cheers for all your help recently. Looking forward to this Saturday!

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

rameire wrote: »
    Hi Pat, Are single rooms priced at €39 or can they be cheaper? Cheers for all your help recently. Looking forward to this Saturday!

Hi,

We work off a room rate. All rooms same price (except suites)

Pat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

Got 4 tickets for the Late Late on friday, and booked 2 rooms with the boards offer, stonkin' value, the wife had budgeted 100 per room, shes made up (thinkin of the extra shoppin).
    And I'm pretty sure the hotel is close to RTE, so its win win...:D

Thanx Pat...

BTW does anyone know how to get to this hotel from Heuston Station by public transport, bus no's. etc...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement