Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rate Your Hangover Thread

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The hangover I had after my birthday 2 weeks ago was easily a 9 (10 is always left clear), 2 days of feeling horrific. Today was a 4. Managed to nick a full large bottle of Jager last night lulz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

A frigging what of frigging what?!

What you getting at? My spelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

See, when I read that, I thought he was implying that you should at least be seriously incapacitated, if not dead.

I had a sober night in front of the telly. I HATE new years.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

What you getting at? My spelling?

Yeah. Pretty much just cannot believe you survived that!
    Touche sir.
    I occasionally hit that purple patch on a night out where I am still ranting and swigging buckfast at 12 the next morning but it has not happened in a long long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

Yeah. Pretty much just cannot believe you survived that!
    Touche sir.
    I occasionally hit that purple patch on a night out where I am still ranting and swigging buckfast at 12 the next morning but it has not happened in a long long time.

Oh, haha, sorry...

If I was drinking beer I would be dying, and I mean really dying. Trick is to drink lots of liquids, preferably water before hitting the hay. Hangovers are caused mainly by dehydration. To be honest, I wish I could drink less and have the same effects :P Would be a lot cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Trick is to drink lots of liquids, preferably water before hitting the hay.

+1

Yup,thats the one.....Im still hungover now! I was a 7-8 in the morning and it has progressed during the day.Messy night indeed!

Wait

Its 2009? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

This is no word of a lie now, I started at 6 yesterday and didn't stop till 9 o clock this morning:(
    Im destroyed and I have word tomorrow:pac:

• Moderators Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Word is that the new name for work in the recession?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Damo9090 wrote: »
    rescission?

What's that? :pac:

donmeister wrote: »
    What's that? :pac:

That>>>>> recession

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Rb wrote: »
    Drank more than I intended to, stayed up later than I intended to and somehow managed up back here.

Good times, good times.

Same, except hangover was bad enough. That horrible queasy feeling and I was absolutely freezing.

sar84 wrote: »
    i was ridiculously drunk last night. but i think the fact that i stayed up so late making STUPID drunken phonecalls that i cant even remember what have said may have made some of the alcohol wear off. so far its only about a 3, but it might get worse, usually does :(

Same here cept it hasn't yet
    I have some vague flashbacks also but the boyf is in the same way so he cant help me
    I wasn't even with my mates I was with his and I'm afraid to ask

Well

A reminder to ye all that seeing a Chinese curry in reverse is not a pretty site. I am extremely unwell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Definitely a 10. Worst headache of my life allllll day long. It was well worth it though. Definitely the best NYE of my life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Zero. Partayed til this morning but slept for the day. Sleep is key to defeating a hangover (for me anyway).

Dudess wrote: »
    Sleep is key to defeating a hangover (for me anyway).

That is also my method of escape and its a very effective way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

I said three, but I see that rising as the day goes on.
    Those creeping hangovers are a bitch. I got up new years day and felt mildly hungover but as the day went on it started to kick in a bit harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Ugh, funny you should drag that up dude, its hitting a 5 atm, possibly hitting a 6 soon. my head is sore. I'm guessing the last of the alcohol is draining away outta my head...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

god my hangover started about 8 and now i cant sleep!! ahhh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Dudess wrote: »
    Zero. Partayed til this morning but slept for the day. Sleep is key to defeating a hangover (for me anyway).

I tried that. Hangovers give me messed up dreams. This morning I dreamt that Saturn and Jupiter exploded and turned into two new suns... The sky with 3 suns looked pretty spectacular, but then there were also two different warring alien races who had landed on Earth looking for 2 other aliens disguised as humans.

It was all very cinematic... I'm not sure, but I may have been Shia LaBeouf in it...

• Advertisement

Ugh, funny you should drag that up dude, its hitting a 5 atm, possibly hitting a 6 soon. my head is sore. I'm guessing the last of the alcohol is draining away outta my head...
    I remember hearing or reading once that alcohol has a half life of 12-14 hours which means that the worst symptoms of overindulgence start to manifest within that timeframe. Because alcohol is a depressant it can make you feel seriously depressed on top of the usual hangover symptoms. But yet we keep doing it to ourselves time after time. If we didn't have alcohol we would probably be using something equally dangerous to get off our tits.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

crate of 20 bottles of grolsch for €14.99, pure value.. the hangover's still around an 8 even though ive been in bed all day.. my new years resolution is to stop drinking. :D

Was only €10 for 20 Grolsch in the Spar on SCR, took advantage of that offer last weekend but they didn't have any left yesterday.:mad:

Was only €10 for 20 Grolsch in the Spar on SCR, took advantage of that offer last weekend but they didn't have any left yesterday.:mad:
    Time was when Grolsch used to be a fancy foreign beer. Then again so was Dutch Gold ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i never felt as bad in my life as i did earlier, work felt like it would never end and i could barely hold the carving fork. black bush is a demon

Advertisement