Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SUPERNOVA ELITE! I done it!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,508 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

WP Mick. As ya know I've been following your progress on this and it was looking a bit shaky around the start of Decemeber. But fair play you made it in with a day to spare and without having to cancel Xmas as well.

EDIT +1 To Mick in the Well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Serious achievement, well done and gl in the live tournies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

wp gg

you must be looking forward to getting back to normal activities you never had time to do over the last year such as eating, sleeping, washing etc etc :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

I'm truly unsure as to whether to be impressed or appalled :eek:

in terms of achieving an extremely difficult goal, impressed I suppose! wd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

wp MIck,

tell us a little more about SNE? I know a littel butwhat are all the benefits etc....

just to rub it in :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Wow, well done! I played the majority of my online poker this year at Stars, it certainly felt like a lot of time / hands played, and only managed to earn just over 12,000k FPPs in total!

You should be proud - an amazing achievement without doubt. Congrats :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭bops

about fukin time, wd and i look forward to beating you several k times in 09

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

All starts again tomorrow ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

lol @ anyone thinking this is easy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Tight Ted wrote: »
    54 $100 sit n goes per day actually doesn't sound that bad!

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Well done sir!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Ya so easy only 20k sngs ffs Ted go back to sleep every day so what happens if the guys takes a few days off hes gotta start playing 70 80 to catch up.
    The downswings in such a large sample would be heartbreaking and soul destroying to most people i would think.
    I know Mick is a tourney player but i imagine the profits would be higher if one could channel that work ethic into cash games well done and nice big freerolls in some major comps if that fish ELKY can win one theres hope for us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭mocata

That complete arse rainkhan played 27 at once.
    Lost nearly em all mind u...
    Unreal stuff mick gz,now a high profile live FT and stars will have the chequebook out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Sirtoyou

Congrats Mick.An inspiration to us all and a true gent to go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭Requiem4adream

well done m8. This is gonna take me an hour to type, broke my hand, typing 1 fingered :( If it were up to me you'd defo have been Online Player of the Year on your own, people dont realise how hard those turbo sngs on stars are above $100. No value anywhere. Breaking even long run is an achievement, elite is phenomenal. I missed out and lost a lot trying but starting in june was stupid in retrospect.

I still think it's very disingenuous the way stars structure Elite. For those who dont know - the tourny entries are the main carrot but the FPP multiplier (5x - 5fpps for 1vpp earned) is another huge incentive, especially for a high volume player. Elite is valid for the following year (2009 in this case for mick) but he only gets the fpp multiplier until June 30th unless he reaches 1million vpp by that date. "Players with less than 1,000,000 VPPs on July 1 will not retain their Supernova Elite status. ". Which is basically impossible (=$200,000 rake paid in 6 months). Every other level on the VIP spectrum sets realistic targets for maintaining the status month-by-month, elite does not, which is very unfair imo.

Basically elite is an 18 month operation, 12 months making it, 6 months hard graft reaping the rewards. Grinding sngs is the definition of a very hard way to make an easy living, wish you every success for the new year man.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

That is a sick amount of rake paid! Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

You are a poker God Mick. Amazing achievement. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭FeetMagic

Wow phenomenal achievement. Sincerely hope you enjoy the rewards and continue your success! Now this is inspiration!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭BIGMICKG

actually Mick, tell us more about it, lots of talk about it on 2+2 and w/e and alot of us have known for a few months that you were bursting your bollix to get it but tell us more.

how much rake?
    how many games?
    breakdown of games?
    roi?
    which games were most profitable?
    benefits of SNE and how are you going to utilise them?
    stars support and customer service (relationship management) of its SNE players?

thanks, ur truly the sickest of us all.
    cheers noel and every1 else for the congrats. heres a good idea of the break down of it. basically in order to get elite uve to earn 1million vpps which is $200k in rake of which u get back $115k-$120k.

3.2 million fpps = cash equivalent of $52k

$28k worth of milestone bonuses which u get on ur way to elite throughout the year

and the tourney packages : wcoop entry = $5k
    any 2 packages from pca, wsop, montecarlo ept and appt sydney which is worth around $25-$35k depending on what packages u pick.

ill be going to the wsop and the montecarlo

the fpp multiplier as danny mentioned is also a main part of it before i became elite i was getting 250% on fpps now ill be getting 400% bonus makes a huge difference for high volume players paying lots of rake.

regards number of games etc. according to ss i played 20,420 sngs with an av. roi of 2%. at levels between $60-$550. majority been at $100-$225

my most profitable games are defnitly non turbos in the short term but obv. if i was too play just non turbos id never be able to get elite.

throughtout the year i actually didnt play anywhere near as many hours as alot of people would think. except for nov-dec which i played alot.
    i was away on 4 foreighn holidays this year (6 weeks total) in manchester 3-4 times and on the odd weekend here and there. so wasnt just glued to my laptop the whole year. was very rare id play more than 30 hours a week tbh

still unsure of my plans for 09 but ive the ipc in galway in a few days and im heading to the caribean on the 12th for 2 weeks on a non poker holiday just gonna chill out over there and think about what im gonna do this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

30 hours a week is very impressive. I had a vision of all the elites being wage slaves working for stars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

What an achievement. It would be a challenge for me to get Silverstars the levels I play.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭rag2gar

WD Mick..
    Time for the well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

BIGMICKG wrote: »

regards number of games etc. according to ss i played 20,420 sngs with an av. roi of 2%. at levels between $60-$550. majority been at $100-$225
    That r.o.i is really impressive. 20k sngs i'd say you felt like putting your fist through the screen at points.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Absolutely chuffed to hear that man, seriously thou that is truly impressive. Hope things go aswell for you this coming year as they did this year and couldn't of happened to a nicer guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭reilly110

wp seriously amazing work ethic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

super stuff mick. WD

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭one ill cat

Awesome going you sicko, seriously though vwp!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

I've know Mick for 3 or 4 years now, back to the days of Vegas Nights if I remember correctly. Every year he's impress me more and this year he's brought his game to a whole new level. I would still think your better off putting that hard work into something else, but fair play for setting such a high target and reaching it. You've mention it to me a few times during the year and its a excellant achievement.

WP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

I think you should have stayed roofing nothing like tears in your eyes on a cold wind swept winters day
    to remind ya sitting in a warm room with laptop
    toasting your nuts is overrated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Tribezz

wd man congrats!!!

Hope to see you at the IPC. hopefully at a table far away from the one im at!!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

I know an excellent opthamologist if you're in need of one over the next year!!!

Great goin wp!!

Advertisement