Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging for mixers

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

Yep, it's an opportunist rip off. I'm glad they're feeling it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's bad enough comparing the price of a pint of blackcurret (a weak feckin pint too!!) between places let alone mixers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

I used to often ask for a splash instead of a full mixer in pubs in Dublin and I don't remember anywhere saying no. It was never free, but it was certainly a lot cheaper than anywhere else. Grand as long as your mixing with coke or cheap lemonade as the selection is rarely bigger.

On the plus side, the Foggy Dew cans for 3euro isn't bad because it's the same price you'd pay for a small bottle of mixer in other places and you can probably mix about three drinks out of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

€3 for a can of coke is still crap

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

Of course! But still better than a 180ml bottle for the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Of course...

But to be honest, you'd be better off nippin round to the centra and getting a few cans of coke for a yoyo and then pretending you bought em in the foggy.

Advertisement